British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   You're not going out looking like THAT (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/youre-not-going-out-looking-like-718207/)

Bahtatboy May 24th 2011 5:37 am

You're not going out looking like THAT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-13511668

Personally, I think a long, black cover-all type of housecoaty-thing would be a good idea.

Madam Medusa May 24th 2011 5:43 am

Re: You're not going out looking like THAT

geez, what is with these people...how would you ever think it's ok to do the school run in pyjamas, especially picking them up in the afternoon, lol...

MM, xx

kittycat1 May 24th 2011 5:44 am

so soo classy!

And this is why these women will be divorced in a few years- nothing like making a bit of effort. Do these women just take no pride in themselves?

When I first became self employed I used to do my emails in my pjs, but just couldn't focus, even working from home I had to get scrubbed up as much as when I was meeting with clients just to get in the right frame of mind. Wearing PJs all day I can't imagine these women get anything done other than watching their daily dose of Jeremy Kyle and Trisha.

Meow May 24th 2011 6:25 am

I work from home and have been known to work in my pajamas for much of the morning, but it makes no difference to how I work. (Years of practise Kittycat!! :lol: ) That said, I would never go out in public like that. I'd only scare the children if I wasn't dressed and fully made up!

nottmbantam May 24th 2011 6:26 am

I think it's a brave step to take by the Head, pointing out the fact that it leaves an impression on the kids. I suspect though that the Headmaster's plea will probably fall on deaf ears, but hope I'm wrong.

ctfc May 24th 2011 6:31 am

It's tragic. Any right thinking woman should wear stockings in bed, not pajamas.

lionheart May 24th 2011 6:56 am

Originally Posted by ctfc (Post 9383900)
It's tragic. Any right thinking woman should wear stockings in bed, not pajamas.

You mean like the ones Nora Batty wears?

soukie May 24th 2011 9:44 am

One of our British neighbours in AD appears in her dressing gown everyday at 7.00am and drops her daughter off at the school bus on 4th Street. I often wonder what would happen if she had a traffic accident and had to wait for the police.

Millhouse May 24th 2011 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9383889)
I work from home and have been known to work in my pajamas for much of the morning, but it makes no difference to how I work. (Years of practise Kittycat!! :lol: ) That said, I would never go out in public like that. I'd only scare the children if I wasn't dressed and fully made up!

Meow - I find working from home naked most liberating, give it a go.

Alexa May 24th 2011 10:44 am

If one has to wear pj's at least wear nice ones...

Hello.Kitty May 24th 2011 10:53 am

strange, strange people...

It also makes you wonder if they ever take their PJs off to, I don't know, have a shower or something radical like that. Doesn't quite ring true to have your morning shower and then decide to put your Pjs back on to start the day... minging!

Morecambe Mindy May 24th 2011 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9383836)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-13511668

Personally, I think a long, black cover-all type of housecoaty-thing would be a good idea.

You'd think their children would be a tad embarrassed wouldn't you!

Norm_uk May 24th 2011 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by ctfc (Post 9383900)

Now now, women should have a choice in bedroom wear....sheer stockings or naked. I wouldn't want to come across as someone who thinks women are just objects ;)

N.

Norm_uk May 24th 2011 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9383843)
so soo classy!

And this is why these women will be divorced in a few years- nothing like making a bit of effort. Do these women just take no pride in themselves?

When I first became self employed I used to do my emails in my pjs, but just couldn't focus, even working from home I had to get scrubbed up as much as when I was meeting with clients just to get in the right frame of mind. Wearing PJs all day I can't imagine these women get anything done other than watching their daily dose of Jeremy Kyle and Trisha.

I've heard many men complain that their wives don't dress up anymore and I've seen a lot of shabby mother's at the school gates of my little man's school.

That said I've seen lots of men in crocs and slippers so just assumed that some people have absolutely no care about what they or their partner looks like in public. Most humans who are better off than others show it in how they dress and behave....most!

On the work front I work from home sometimes and get nothing done unless I shave, shower and put some proper clothes on. I don't wear pajamas so it probably wouldn't be good to go out in my bed wear!

N.

Bahtatboy May 24th 2011 12:30 pm

But Norm, surely you have a smoking jacket. I picture you like Denis Norden, in blue velvet.