Reload this Page >

You "Nice Guys" are such LOSERS

You "Nice Guys" are such LOSERS

Old May 2nd 2009, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: You "Nice Guys" are such LOSERS

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Pedant alert. Please look up the words imply and infer. They mean different things.
to hint; imply; suggest.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Inferring

Enjoy x
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:10 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
to hint; imply; suggest.

Enjoy x
Is this an english lesson?

What does am I bothered mean?
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tiger989
Is this an english lesson?

What does am I bothered mean?
I wasn't speaking to you.

Bothered?
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:24 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Bothered?
is it not bovvered?
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
is it not bovvered?
Yes if I was Catherine Tate, which thankfully I am not!
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:27 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Yes if I was Catherine Tate, which thankfully I am not!
I was jealous when she kissed Dr Who
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:43 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

to hint; imply; suggest.

Enjoy x
That is wrong.

http://grammartips.homestead.com/imply.html

And:

http://grammar.about.com/od/words/a/implygloss.htm

And from your link:
"Usage note:
Infer has been used to mean “to hint or suggest” since the 16th century by speakers and writers of unquestioned ability and eminence: The next speaker criticized the proposal, inferring that it was made solely to embarrass the government. Despite its long history, many 20th-century usage guides condemn the use, maintaining that the proper word for the intended sense is imply and that to use infer is to lose a valuable distinction between the two words.
Although the claimed distinction has probably existed chiefly in the pronouncements of usage guides, and although the use of infer to mean “to suggest” usually produces no ambiguity, the distinction too has a long history and is widely observed by many speakers and writers."

I'm a pedant, which makes me BOVVERED!

Sorry.

Last edited by littlejimmy; May 2nd 2009 at 11:52 pm.
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

I was jealous when she kissed Dr Who
If it was David Tennant then fair enough, if it was Christopher Eccleston then not so much...
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:56 pm
Concierge

If it was David Tennant then fair enough, if it was Christopher Eccleston then not so much...
it was Tennant, but I would rather do Captain Jack, and surprise surprise he is gay
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:00 am
Account Closed

it was Tennant, but I would rather do Captain Jack, and surprise surprise he is gay
Lol yeah but in Dr Who he swings both ways! In real life, he's strictly gay.
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:06 am
Concierge

Lol yeah but in Dr Who he swings both ways! In real life, he's strictly gay.
he has got his own show in the UK on a Saturday night, it is rather gay I have to say, I only watched it because I fancy him but it were a bit too soppy for me.
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:08 am
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Bothered?
uv speakin to me? am I bovvered? do I look like am I bovvered..

The computer says NAaaaaaaaaaaa
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:16 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

God. You try and educate people and they go on about Gay(Time)Lords.
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:17 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Tiger989
uv speakin to me? am I bovvered? do I look like am I bovvered..

The computer says NAaaaaaaaaaaa
Little Britain meets Catherine Tate
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:17 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
God. You try and educate people and they go on about Gay(Time)Lords.
what's wrong with that, Dr Who is a hero, Captain Jack is gay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.