British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   You "Nice Guys" are such LOSERS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/you-nice-guys-such-losers-606761/)

Mary Smith May 2nd 2009 2:45 pm

You "Nice Guys" are such LOSERS

Listen up guys:

Self-confident, caring, decent-hearted women like me find "Nice Guys" to be too clingy, self-abasing, and insecure.

You "Nice Guys" go overboard. You bring roses to a "lets get together for coffee" date. You try to buy my affections with presents and fancy things. You think you know about romance, but your timing is all wrong, and you either come on too strong, too hard and too fast, OR, you are so shy and unassertive, that you hang around me pretending to be "friends", in the hope that somehow, someway, you will get the courage up to ask me out for a "date".

You are so desperate to please that you put aside your own needs, and place me on a pedestal. Instead of appreciating me, you worship me. I am only human, and pedestals are narrow, confining places to be -- not to mention the fact that I tend to fall off of them

Blue Cat May 2nd 2009 2:46 pm

Re: You "Nice Guys" are such LOSERS

Originally Posted by Mary Smith (Post 7535432)
Listen up guys:

Self-confident, caring, decent-hearted women like me find "Nice Guys" to be too clingy, self-abasing, and insecure.

You "Nice Guys" go overboard. You bring roses to a "lets get together for coffee" date. You try to buy my affections with presents and fancy things. You think you know about romance, but your timing is all wrong, and you either come on too strong, too hard and too fast, OR, you are so shy and unassertive, that you hang around me pretending to be "friends", in the hope that somehow, someway, you will get the courage up to ask me out for a "date".

You are so desperate to please that you put aside your own needs, and place me on a pedestal. Instead of appreciating me, you worship me. I am only human, and pedestals are narrow, confining places to be -- not to mention the fact that I tend to fall off of them

we have a troll :rofl:

Confucius May 2nd 2009 2:46 pm

Listen up guys:

The Dean will be here shortly to present his defense...

Madam Medusa May 2nd 2009 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7535436)
we have a troll :rofl:

yawn...

MM, xx

Alexa May 2nd 2009 3:02 pm

Listen up guys:

vomit.

MataHari May 2nd 2009 3:09 pm

ok...so that's more of the same really...
maybe you can do a thread on something a bit more positive, just to show another side of your personality...

Madam Medusa May 2nd 2009 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7535476)
maybe you can do a thread on something a bit more positive, just to show another side of your personality...

that presupposes that there is one...

MM, xx

MataHari May 2nd 2009 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7535479)
that presupposes that there is one...

MM, xx

everybody deserves a chance...well, almost everybody

Confucius May 2nd 2009 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7535476)

In that case, she will show us her real personality, which is that of a nice girl, and that, in her own words, is a "LOSER"...
It's a catch 22 fix she's in now...

Madam Medusa May 2nd 2009 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7535482)
everybody deserves a chance...well, almost everybody

you're just too nice, that's your problem...

MM, xx

MataHari May 2nd 2009 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7535490)
you're just too nice, that's your problem...

MM, xx

hahaha...that's a first, let me karma you wub wub wub...

Blue Cat May 2nd 2009 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7535494)

:rofl:

Madam Medusa May 2nd 2009 3:17 pm

ahhh...wub wub to you too, doll...

MM, xx

Confucius May 2nd 2009 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7535497)
:rofl:

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7535499)
ahhh...wub wub to you too, doll...

MM, xx

I thought we BE folk didn't do group hugs...

MataHari May 2nd 2009 3:18 pm

she's gone...hate it when that happens...