Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

You have to admire their audacity

You have to admire their audacity

Old Nov 29th 2011, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You have to admire their audacity

BTW what a cool newspaper!!!

Did anyone else read about the washing machine kid? Or the HCT teacher who wrote "I hate the UAE" on a balloon?

Obviously a depressed out-of-control who was an accident waiting to happen!!
Old Nov 29th 2011, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gandour
Haaa..you ever hear the term ethnocentrism?

I don't like using ism's but you deserve it.

I'm not into tribalism or any of those stuff you mention, but I do get to travel a lot, thank God.

You crying "ism" on this matter is akin to a Canadian throwing out the same "ism" when called on their past treatment of the natives.

Don't think you can hide behind some "ism" to excuse away your support of primitive behaviour.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Originally Posted by iamthestig
The way women are treated in KSA is indefensible. Culture and tradition do not stand as legitimate reasons for cruel and inhuman treatment of your womenfolk. Shame on you and your fellow citizens, the only comfort that the civilised world takes is the knowledge that you will all rot in hell.
Civilised world and hell in the same sentence
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.emirates247.com/news/regi...09-09-1.289162

Unwarranted mistreatment and discrimination against the fairer sex is plain wrong...but some cases it is justified...samosa fillings for example...a very emotive subject for the Saudi man
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

ooh there's loads of 'Man divorces wife' articles

http://www.emirates247.com/news/regi...10-18-1.305615

http://www.emirates247.com/news/regi...11-14-1.317323
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

I Love Emirates247

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...11-29-1.430783
Old Nov 30th 2011, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Gandour is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seven seas
if you correct the adverb abuse: how badly women had to strike...
you'll see that the writer's ill-formed sentence has a totally different meaning.

Still, he does seem to be anxious to defend saudiland for some strange reason....
True but strike and protest are two different things to, another English mistake on my part.

The system (bureaucracy) in saudiland is never something i'll defend, it's outdated and time-consuming.

As to Shariah law, then that's something only understood through education not the news. Especially considering the fact that corruption exists here just like it does elsewhere.

Last edited by Gandour; Nov 30th 2011 at 4:27 am.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:45 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gandour
True but strike and protest are two different things to, another English mistake on my part.

The system (bureaucracy) in saudiland is never something i'll defend, it's outdated and time-consuming.

As to Shariah law, then that's something only understood through education not the news. Especially considering the fact that corruption exists here just like it does elsewhere.

Except when people do study it and still disagree with most of it they are not being objective, or haven't studied under the right iman or should read Arabic because translations are unreliable etc.

It seems some believers cannot accept someone could study their ideology and still disagree with it.

N.

Last edited by Norm_uk; Nov 30th 2011 at 7:47 am.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 10:02 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
[/COLOR]

Except when people do study it and still disagree with most of it they are not being objective, or haven't studied under the right iman or should read Arabic because translations are unreliable etc.

It seems some brainwashed narrow-minded fools cannot accept someone could study their ideology and still disagree with it.

N.
I've corrected that for you

And when are people going to stop coming to BE and spouting all this religious nonsense at us. Aren't there forums for this rubbish?
Old Nov 30th 2011, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
[/COLOR]

It seems some believers cannot accept someone could study their ideology and still disagree with it.

N.
Good to know that your open to exploring different ideologies, a sign of a true free-thinker.

Understanding something doesn't necessarily mean you agree/accept. But understanding cannot come without learning.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Meow

And when are people going to stop coming to BE and spouting all this religious nonsense at us. Aren't there forums for this rubbish?
I never brought up the topic of religion.

I like your name Meow. Sorry if I hurt your feelings about anything I said before.