British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   You have to admire their audacity (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/you-have-admire-their-audacity-740163/)

iamthestig Nov 27th 2011 7:31 am

You have to admire their audacity

http://www.emirates247.com/crime/reg...11-27-1.430258

Priceless... :thumbsup:

kittycat1 Nov 27th 2011 8:08 am

Re: You have to admire their audacity

oh deary me- I imagine the phrase it seemed like a good idea at the time will come to mind whilst they are recieving their lashes or whatever punishment they get.

kittycat1 Nov 27th 2011 8:11 am

http://www.emirates247.com/news/teen...05-19-1.394679

very sad article on the same page.

LaLaLayla Nov 27th 2011 8:11 am

'Sex Maniacs' - that's a term I haven't heard since the '70s :D

iamthestig Nov 27th 2011 8:23 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9755938)

Some very strange things in that article, the rapists dropped her off at the office of the mutawa after taking turns raping her for a week... Was it guilt or just stupidity?

Also, “fell from the frying pan into the mud” is a famous expression? :confused:

Norm_uk Nov 27th 2011 9:25 am

That made me feel sick - what kind of men are these? Who raises scum like that, don't they have sisters and mothers?

:angry_smile:

N.

Boomhauer Nov 27th 2011 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 9756014)
That made me feel sick - what kind of men are these? Who raises scum like that, don't they have sisters and mothers?

:angry_smile:

N.

Well it is an extremely patriarchal society...

Meow Nov 27th 2011 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 9756051)
Well it is an extremely patriarchal society...

Patriarchial doesn't mean having a total disrepect for women. There is never any excuse for such behaviour.

iamthestig Nov 27th 2011 10:44 am

The sooner I'm out of this shithole the better... Just 3 months left

Spugsy Nov 27th 2011 10:56 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 9755941)
'Sex Maniacs' - that's a term I haven't heard since the '70s :D

aye along with 'she was a total nymphomaniac!'

Spugsy Nov 27th 2011 10:59 am

Originally Posted by iamthestig (Post 9756098)
The sooner I'm out of this shithole the better... Just 3 months left

Still not sure why anybody would go, I'd rather iron my balls than even consider that shithole.

Spugsy Nov 27th 2011 11:00 am

Absolutely horrific, and the worst thing is what will happen to her now? Disowned? Flogged?

what a barbaric place KSA is.

Norm_uk Nov 27th 2011 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9756079)
Patriarchial doesn't mean having a total disrepect for women. There is never any excuse for such behaviour.

Exactly...plenty of benign and somewhat patronising yet harmless patriarchs in the world who would never dream of harming a woman. The ideals of chivalry and being a gentleman come from enlightened patriarchy.

What that story is is an example of pure savagery and brutality...

N.

Boomhauer Nov 27th 2011 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9756079)

Saudi is extreme patriarchy, and this goes hand in hand with domination of women.

No, not all patriarchies are like Saudi obviously but you will find a correlation between pro-active patriarchal societies and misogyny. The MidEast is also never going to leave its tribal/racial bigotories unless there is a move away from its staunch patriarchal nature.

Gandour Nov 29th 2011 1:18 am

I know I don't need to defend Saudi, a culture that's completely different then what I was used to being brought up. Still, most of the comments here are unfair since they claim that because those stuff happened (supposing that the articles which I believe are lies are true) that the society accepts and is accustomed to total disrespect for women.

Admit it, it's just because you don't like how the society runs things in regards to the roles and responsibilities of the two genders that you want to say anything and everything that's bad about how you think women are treated behind closed doors.

Not to everybody but most comments...:)