Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Would you route for me?

Would you route for me?

Old Aug 14th 2016, 12:21 pm
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Would you route for me?

So here is this hypothetical situation.
  • I am a none EU citizen
  • At the age of 13 I move to UK, cant speak English and get tax payers education and free healthcare. My family have never paid into this.
  • I am very gifted at sport, so my coach pays for me to get a British passport to get around visa's.
  • I am now a British citizen
  • After using and abusing the British passport, I now move to USA, to train

Would you route for me when i compete for Britain?

Also i don't like meat, and will make smug adverts telling you I don't like meat.
Old Aug 14th 2016, 12:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you route for me?

Originally Posted by iggle
..... Would you route for me ....
Which direction are you going?
Old Aug 15th 2016, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

MO Farah at a guess...
Old Aug 15th 2016, 9:08 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

So here is this hypothetical situation.
  • I am a none EU citizen
  • At the age of 13 I move to UK, cant speak English and get tax payers education and free healthcare. My family have never paid into this.
  • I am very gifted at sport, so my coach pays for me to get a British passport to get around visa's.
  • I am now a British citizen
  • After using and abusing the British passport, I now move to USA, to train

Would you route for me when i compete for Britain?

Also i don't like meat, and will make smug adverts telling you I don't like meat.
OK, so he might have got his Citizenship a little earlier than he should, but the publicity he has gained for the UK has been worth a lot more, and you could say a lot similar about South American soccer players etc who have been granted Spanish citizenship within a couple of weeks of arriving in Spain, just so as they could play for Spain, and the Brazilians given Portuguese citizenships fir the same reasons.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 9:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
MO Farah at a guess...
Unlikely, given that Mo Farah moved to the UK when aged 8, his father is a Brit, and he only moved to the US a few years ago, after he'd lived in the UK for decades. So he's a Brit through and through, and naturally most Brits would root (or 'route' as the OP would say) for him.

So either the OP is referring in a peculiar manner to somebody else, or he's just got his facts wrong and is on a slightly racist wind up for no reason.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 9:22 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Unlikely, given that Mo Farah moved to the UK when aged 8, his father is a Brit, and he only moved to the US a few years ago, after he'd lived in the UK for decades. So he's a Brit through and through, and naturally most Brits would root (or 'route' as the OP would say) for him.

So either the OP is referring in a peculiar manner to somebody else, or he's just got his facts wrong and is on a slightly racist wind up for no reason.

I would disagree, he's a mercenary. He is no different to the Moldovan that won a Bronze for UAE. I don't care that Mo's dad was born in London, he's not British. I give you an example. I live in UAE, I have a child, its born here. Is that child an Emariati? No. The child is and always will be British.

Anyway, It's how Team GB works. Even my beloved England Rugby and England & Wales Cricket club now sign anyone thats lived here for a couple of years.

Alas, no it wasn't a dig at Mo Farah I was building up to something else. Mo is a pr!ck any way!

Last edited by iggle; Aug 15th 2016 at 9:28 am.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 9:42 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care that Mo's dad was born in London, he's not British.

I give you an example. I live in UAE, I have a child, its born here. Is that child an Emariati? No. The child is and always will be British.
These two statements contradict each other. So Mo's father was British but Mo's not. Your child was born to a British father but he's British.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 9:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Dorothy
These two statements contradict each other. So Mo's father was British but Mo's not. Your child was born to a British father but he's British.
They don't contradict. Actually I already stated if my child was born in UAE it wouldn't be Emarati, it would be British. So Mo's dad born in London, doesn't make him British, he's still Somalian. He had a handout passport due to international law. No different to Middle East women that fly to Canada whilst 8 months pregnant; hey presto their kids are now Canadian.

He's not the greatest British sportsman of all time, he's a mercenary.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 10:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez. I can see why you would vote Trump, seems you're uncannily similar in views and intellect.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

as he did not move to the UK for sporting purposes, Yes.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Think Iggle just doesn't like Africa after his recent trip. must have got crabs from a local professional.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 10:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Think Iggle just doesn't like Africa after his recent trip. must have got crabs from a local professional.

haha - I am not a Trump supporter in anyway

Actually I love Africa. I much prefer it to Asia. He got a British passport for visa reasons only. That makes him a mercenary. Big Mo who is fantastic athlete should represent Somalia where he is born, raised and is from.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 10:30 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously had a really rough week with Vlad the Impaler and Igor. Try sitting on a rubber ring, it should ease the pain.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

haha - I am not a Trump supporter in anyway

Actually I love Africa. I much prefer it to Asia. He got a British passport for visa reasons only. That makes him a mercenary. Big Mo who is fantastic athlete should represent Somalia where he is born, raised and is from.
what about Chris Froome? Born and raised in Kenya
Old Aug 15th 2016, 11:35 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Mo Farah's father was born in London and Farah was just eight when he moved to the UK. He has therefore spent most of his life, including his childhood, in the UK, is British by descent and thus entitled live in and compete for the UK. (I believe he currently lives in the US as he trains there.)

I would certainly root for him. (Although he's a runner his route is mapped out so I don't believe he needs a hand with that.)

Eight year old children do not decide where they want to live nor are they mercenaries. The negativity towards him smacks of Daily Mail style racism and Islamophobia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.