British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Who has been here all summer? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/who-has-been-here-all-summer-807011/)

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 25th 2013 10:17 am

Re: Who has been here all summer?

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10868202)
That's me. I'm misunderstood

Sorry to shatter the image pal.

Patsy Stoned Aug 25th 2013 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10868214)
How depressing. :(

Why is it depressing darling?
I enjoy being here..if I went on holiday I would want to stay in a 5star hotel with lovely restaurants and great poolside service... why travel when it is on my doorstep :-D
My friends come here to see me.

commander Aug 25th 2013 10:28 am

Was sat in my favourite bar in Glasgow's Southside last night and really pondered coming back to the pit. Then I remembered, no junkies, endless sporting opportunities for everyone, and cheap fuel.

Time to get back.

Randy Bender Aug 25th 2013 11:36 am

I have to get out every summer and accumulated 7 weeks this year (incorporating the 2 weeks at the end of Ramadan that Muslims need to recover from a month's binge eating). As July approaches and the temperature goes up and up I cannot wait to leave (Saudi) and pray for rain wherever I go. Thankfully the Netherlands supplied said rain and then I stepped into a UK heatwave followed by balmy days in Portugal fanned by an Atlantic breeze. Now I'm back in the sandpit and it's steaming. Am now busy finding flights for the October Eid break. Anywhere but here.

Norm_uk Aug 27th 2013 10:55 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 10866785)
We have been here all summer. I wouldn't dare leave my husband here, he'd live on beer and takeaways all summer and I'd come back to Homer Simpson. I don't worry about him sleeping around, though - he's far too tight to pay for it. That is something I do not have to worry about.

It's the reverse for my missus...she can leave me any time safe in the knowledge I'm on the booze 24/7 and too drunk to do anything except post belligerent comments on Britishexpats.

N.

Blazeaway Aug 27th 2013 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10866731)
Who has been here all summer? which men have been here on their own whilst the wives and kids have gone home? thank you :)

Me, my wife went home in June as I am working in Riyadh for most of week and now can't come back due to health issues!

Bachelor life ok but boring!

Blazeaway Aug 27th 2013 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 10866785)
We have been here all summer. I wouldn't dare leave my husband here, he'd live on beer and takeaways all summer and I'd come back to Homer Simpson. I don't worry about him sleeping around, though - he's far too tight to pay for it. That is something I do not have to worry about.

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 10871779)
It's the reverse for my missus...she can leave me any time safe in the knowledge I'm on the booze 24/7 and too drunk to do anything except post belligerent comments on Britishexpats.

N.

Like it

redShark Aug 28th 2013 2:28 pm

I'd never advice a wife to leave her husband in Dubai alone, no matter how cute and loyal he is!!
In KSA it is an entirly different story, you can leave your husband there alone for months with no worries as you can be sure that he will be starved for sex, unless, off course, he is a real sex scavenger

Kix Aug 28th 2013 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 10874250)
I'd never advice a wife to leave her husband in Dubai alone, no matter how cute and loyal he is!!
In KSA it is an entirly different story, you can leave your husband there alone for months with no worries as you can be sure that he will be starved for sex, unless, off course, he is a real sex scavenger

You must be very naive, from what I understand there are loads of "available ladies" in KSA, you just need to know where to look.

commander Aug 29th 2013 2:56 am

I'd never advice a wife to leave her husband in Dubai alone, no matter how cute and loyal he isr

Why?

NorthernLad Aug 29th 2013 3:24 am

That's the thing with arranged marriages and multiple wives - you have not normally got someone of your choosing (as in us infidels who meet partners socially and are allowed to make our own choices), and having more than one option each nights sets the wrong tone for a happy marriage. I know of loads of Saudis in particular who are very naughty boys when away from home.

What is the difference in someone having sex with up to four different women as they are married by law, and someone cheating when the wife is away? Why does a man need multiple wives in todays day and age?

I guess you have a different view on marriage then myself - I married my wife because we wanted to be with each other, I've no interest in jumping on other women.

Meow Aug 29th 2013 6:07 am

Other posters have also questioned this (although I am sure we all wonder why we bother) but the fact is that many men have a decent and balanced view of womenand are quite capable of keeping their flies zipped. Not all men objectify women, although your religion seems somewhat obsessed with who is sleeping with whom.

Sigh.

Dubaiexile Aug 29th 2013 6:17 am

I am escaping from the Sand Pit for 6 weeks next week (does that count for a summer escape), 4 weeks in China and 2 in Thailand.

Does anyone else find that just prior to a vacation the tolerance level for annoying things gets infinitely lower, whereas I would just sigh (like for people insisting on entering the metro as I am trying to alight), I now really want to explode and say get some **@@ing manners....seems once every now and then I need to escape to appreciate what I have here!!??????

Any ones thoughts??

The_Citizen Aug 29th 2013 7:18 am

Been here all summer apart from 8 days back in the UK.

My first summer in Dubai and the temperatures haven't been as bad as I expected. I do spend a lot of times outside for work and I thought it would have been much more unbearable. Saying that I still can't wait for winter!

Blue Cat Aug 29th 2013 9:59 am

Originally Posted by The_Citizen (Post 10875478)
Been here all summer apart from 8 days back in the UK.

My first summer in Dubai and the temperatures haven't been as bad as I expected. I do spend a lot of times outside for work and I thought it would have been much more unbearable. Saying that I still can't wait for winter!

this has been one of the coolest summers I can remember :)