British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Who has been here all summer? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/who-has-been-here-all-summer-807011/)

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 29th 2013 10:13 am

Re: Who has been here all summer?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10875671)
this has been one of the coolest summers I can remember :)

Definitely. It's my third and they all seem to get cooler, but this year I've definitely not seen the high 40's, low 50's that I did year before last.

Blue Cat Aug 29th 2013 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10875690)
Definitely. It's my third and they all seem to get cooler, but this year I've definitely not seen the high 40's, low 50's that I did year before last.

and a lot less humid, not had an issue with the heat at all this year to me it has been no different than it was in June.

jam25mack Aug 29th 2013 10:28 am

Would kinda agree, although I do think you get more tolerant of the heat as your tenure goes on. I'm on my 6th now and although it has been toasty (I am outside a lot, and sometimes for a good few hours) it hasn't been unbearable.

There has defiantly been less in the way of sun glasses steaming so far, however, the most humid time is yet to land I fear.

The weather is certainly changing now though as I have been picking up chest infections and colds the last 2 weeks.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 29th 2013 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10875692)
and a lot less humid, not had an issue with the heat at all this year to me it has been no different than it was in June.

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 10875718)

There has defiantly been less in the way of sun glasses steaming so far, however, the most humid time is yet to land I fear.

Good points, I've not had many glasses issues. Only a few evenings I've gone for a burner on the balcony and instantly regretted it...

NorthernLad Aug 29th 2013 11:12 am

I was here all summer and it felt as hot as usual. For Ramadan we were barely outdoors during the day so missed out on the worst of it.

Blue Cat Aug 29th 2013 11:23 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10875814)
I was here all summer and it felt as hot as usual. For Ramadan we were barely outdoors during the day so missed out on the worst of it.

only a couple of time did the thermometer on my car go over 40 degrees, we were at the pool most days during Ramadan as well, I had my cousin visiting from the UK, even she coped with the temps.

NorthernLad Aug 29th 2013 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10875836)
only a couple of time did the thermometer on my car go over 40 degrees, we were at the pool most days during Ramadan as well, I had my cousin visiting from the UK, even she coped with the temps.

Please don't tell me you take notice of a car thermometer?

Blue Cat Aug 29th 2013 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10875958)
Please don't tell me you take notice of a car thermometer?

yes and the one in the garden in the shade :) my car one is pretty good, plus I don't need a thermometer to tell you this summer was cooler than previous ones.

OriginalSunshine Aug 29th 2013 6:26 pm

we've had humidity the last couple weeks up into high 90%s+ and temps in high 30s, low 40s, but Ramadhan & Eid were awesome - even dropped to 20s in daytime....!

redShark Aug 29th 2013 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10875415)
Other posters have also questioned this (although I am sure we all wonder why we bother) but the fact is that many men have a decent and balanced view of womenand are quite capable of keeping their flies zipped. Not all men objectify women, although your religion seems somewhat obsessed with who is sleeping with whom.

Sigh.

I think i did tackle this subject with you before when i put a question to you and you disappeared in thin air. My question was why your law is against incest relationships!! Isn't that a kind of obcession with who sleeps with whom!!

Millhouse Aug 30th 2013 5:49 am

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 10876753)
I think i did tackle this subject with you before when i put a question to you and you disappeared in thin air. My question was why your law is against incest relationships!! Isn't that a kind of obcession with who sleeps with whom!!

because we like to keep the ears on the side of our heads and keep the number of toes to five.

Patsy Stoned Aug 30th 2013 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10877287)
because we like to keep the ears on the side of our heads and keep the number of toes to five.

High 6 does not sound as good as high5!..:D

flares Aug 30th 2013 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10877315)
High 6 does not sound as good as high5!..:D

does in Norfolk

rowell Aug 30th 2013 8:29 am

:hysterical::hysterical::p:hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10877287)

:hysterical

Patsy Stoned Aug 30th 2013 9:48 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 10877343)
does in Norfolk

The definition of a virgin in Norfolk?...A girl who can run faster than her uncle!!:D