What's your theory?

Old Mar 16th 2014, 4:01 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your theory?

Phones were ringing, according to family in China, the day after the plane was meant to land.
The phones didn't go straight to voicemail which they would have done, if the SIM cards were unreachable - e.g. exploded, or submerged in water, or switched off.
Hence my theory that they have landed but the passengers are dead.

(As an aside, MrOS asked me why people would have their phones switched on during a flight - I gave him my "stop being a fekwit" look.)
Old Mar 16th 2014, 4:10 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Phones were ringing, according to family in China, the day after the plane was meant to land.
You need to understand how 'roaming' works. They do ring but you're heating ringback not the phone.

BTW I have been ploughing through over 4500 posts (double that but Mods deleted half) in the professional pilots website. Which is how I 'know' all this shite.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

haha, MW, me too - all 234 pages

I wanted to argue about the messages/ringtone aspect though. I think a lot of them were talking from a US point of view re telecoms. From here, if you call someone's phone here and they are out of range/switched off/flying - it goes straight to the arabic message. it NEVER rings.

Same with messages. If the person's phone is on and in range, a message will show as delivered until it is read, when a bbm/whatsapp message shows as read. If the phone is off/out of range it would not show as delivered until the phone comes back into range.

I have never known a phone to ring when it is out of range/switched off. Ever.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ditzy
Have you figured out who I am yet?
Old Mar 16th 2014, 4:16 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ditzy

I wanted to argue about the messages/ringtone aspect though. I think a lot of them were talking from a US point of view re telecoms. From here, if you call someone's phone here and they are out of range/switched off/flying - it goes straight to the arabic message. it NEVER rings.

Same with messages. If the person's phone is on and in range, a message will show as delivered until it is read, when a bbm/whatsapp message shows as read. If the phone is off/out of range it would not show as delivered until the phone comes back into range.

I have never known a phone to ring when it is out of range/switched off. Ever.
exactly Ditzy. In SEAsia, if the phone is out of range it goes straight to voicemail, it doesn't ring.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 4:22 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Now currently being refitted with dirty bomb, to fly into major European city, most likely London.
Dirty bombs are a bit of a myth. And is it really believable that it could fly from wherever it is now all the way to London - or anywhere - without being spotted and intercepted well before it got there? It would have to pass through very crowded airspace that would be on a heightened state of alert.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 4:24 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
My theory is that nobody has a clue. It's too big to just disappear, surely?
Old Mar 16th 2014, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
So my theory is that a government somewhere has orchestrated this and the aircraft is on the ground somewhere. Because pilots do not generally commit suicide and this thing is too big and heavy to land anywhere but on a BIG runway. Somewhere remote so that there is no mobile signal and few people to see it.
Why? I think that there was something on it that this government wanted and now it's got it then the people and plane must remain hidden so no one discovers which country took whatever it was.

My take anyway.
So the pilots would have to be in on it, or there were passengers there that were professional pilots working on a government operation

There can only be a handfull of governments capable of pulling of such a grand scheme?
Old Mar 16th 2014, 5:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

What if it's a reality show?
Old Mar 16th 2014, 6:39 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Something like a promo for Sherlock season 4? It does have a certain Moriarty-esque feel to it...
Old Mar 16th 2014, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
BTW I have been ploughing through over 4500 posts (double that but Mods deleted half) in the professional pilots website. Which is how I 'know' all this shite.
This thread?
http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/5...tact-lost.html

It's at page 237 now, so most probably will not go through each and every page.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Are you serious?
Old Mar 16th 2014, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Once they'd released the advert they were too scared of the ASA to pull it so went along with it?

Old Mar 16th 2014, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beakersful
Once they'd released the advert they were too scared of the ASA to pull it so went along with it?

http://i.imgur.com/N7oxvut.jpg
That's not real is it?
Old Mar 16th 2014, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

I'll leave that to common sense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.