Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What weren't you allowed?

What weren't you allowed?

Old Nov 19th 2013, 10:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: What weren't you allowed?

Originally Posted by Meow
Sounds like he was just trying to be nice to you.
OK, no re-read but with the first part being a bit creepy like I'm a 5yr old...and the second part a bit creepy because it's a pervy old man talking to me like a mate.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
OK, no re-read but with the first part being a bit creepy like I'm a 5yr old...and the second part a bit creepy because it's a pervy old man talking to me like a mate.
Perhaps it was just a case of him trying too hard.

Did your Mum think so too?
Old Nov 19th 2013, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Sounds like he was just trying to be nice to you.
Is that nice..... or 'nice'?
Old Nov 19th 2013, 10:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Yoohoo
Perhaps it was just a case of him trying too hard.

Did your Mum think so too?
Ah yeah, it was last straw territory for me. Didn't like him.

I was in that awkward age and he had never spent time around kids apart from littl'un's who he taught judo to or something weird.

Mum was nice enough to listen to me on that occasion, but life was always easier and happier when she was with someone so I was never too mean
Old Nov 19th 2013, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
But they're already 23 years old Saudi!
10 and 7

no way will they be living under my roof in their 30s
Old Nov 20th 2013, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't allowed girls to stay at my Dads, but when I was at college (16/17/18) Mum didn't really mind if they were a 'girlfriend'.

Dad relaxed his rules (well, my Stepmum's) only when you were living with your partner.
I took a one night stand home once - that was a bit awkward with Mr. Mills.

Then there was the time when my dad was away, I stayed at my girlfriend's and let my mate take his girlfriend back to mine. I would have got away with that except for the incredible amount of mess on the sheets and the fact that my moron mate hid them in the waldrobe.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 5:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I took a one night stand home once - that was a bit awkward with Mr. Mills.

Then there was the time when my dad was away, I stayed at my girlfriend's and let my mate take his girlfriend back to mine. I would have got away with that except for the incredible amount of mess on the sheets and the fact that my moron mate hid them in the waldrobe.
Hahahahahaha AMAZING.

I got busted having a small gathering (not a party but about 10 of us) at Mum's when she was away.

The ONLY reason she got suspicious and hammered the confession out of me was that one of the girls left a hairbrush in my bathroom. Mum saw it and ran rings around me until I caved in.

I got in more trouble for lying for half a day than for having people over.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahahahaha AMAZING.

I got in more trouble for lying for half a day than for having people over.
And so you should! Good on yer Mum for knowing what's what
Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Yoohoo
And so you should! Good on yer Mum for knowing what's what
I don't disagree....good thing to beat out of kids as young as possible.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:19 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

My, my. How the other half lives.

In my house there was a deep-seated and unsaid understanding between the parents and their offsprings.

A. Never ever ever ever ever under any circumstances ever talk/joke/comment about anything of a sexual nature.

B. Never bring anyone to stay the night (in your room) unless there's a wedding ring on the finger. Both Mrs. Ethos and the brother in law were relegated to the spare rooms till after the wedding.

I once took a girl home when the folks were conveniently away on the other side of the globe. It didn't feel right. Couldn't get over it. It felt like sacrilege.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:33 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83

In my house there was a deep-seated and unsaid understanding between the parents and their offsprings.

A. Never ever ever ever ever under any circumstances ever talk/joke/comment about anything of a sexual nature.

B. Never bring anyone to stay the night (in your room) unless there's a wedding ring on the finger. Both Mrs. Ethos and the brother in law were relegated to the spare rooms till after the wedding.

I once took a girl home when the folks were conveniently away on the other side of the globe. It didn't feel right. Couldn't get over it. It felt like sacrilege.
This is starting to sound like an episode of Downton Abbey.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:40 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Naw.

My parents are just old fashioned by today's standards.

I was always gobsmacked by how casual other families could be. Could be I was lucky never to have to worry about divorced parents having partners over and seeing them at breakfast when you're only 14 or 15, which is admittedly an awkward age regarding these matters.

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
This is starting to sound like an episode of Downton Abbey.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:44 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I think you must have been living in my house...
Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:19 am
Account Closed

I still avoid anything sexual etc. It's just weird.

My parent's had s-e-x twice. Once for my sister, once for me. That's it. Then they split up.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

B. Never bring anyone to stay the night (in your room) unless there's a wedding ring on the finger.
so a bit of wife swapping was OK?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.