Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What percentage of your salary do you spend on rent?

What percentage of your salary do you spend on rent?

Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What percentage of your salary do you spend on rent?

Seeing as we're cut and pasting we might as well have the whole article on pensions vs gratuity.

http://www.clydeco.com/insight/updat...rvice-gratuity
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:42 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
The Labour Law specifies a repatriation flight. One way. Doesn't specify direct flight (i.e. not 2 stops etc), which airline, which class, whether you get chauffeur drive, excess baggage allowance or any other sugar on the top.

Q. Did you or did you not get a flight ticket home paid for?
The law specifies repatriation flight and like you say it doesn't stipulate that it has to be direct or on a specific airline. I have no issues with this concept.

Basically I had a family contract (strictly speaking there is no such thing, but I call it that as I was entitled to benefits for me plus family in the contract) with annual flight for family, but I had by mistake not seen that the repatriation was explicitly mentioned only for me (and not my family). As per the labour law the repatriation should follow a like for like principle, ie if the company paid for my family to come here they also need to pay for them to leave. However I forfeited this right by the explicit mention of my flight only being covered in the contract.

Last edited by norsk; Jan 17th 2013 at 10:49 am.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:51 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I am not going to be drawn into a row, especially from an offensive hypocrite, but there is masses of incorrect info on this thread. You can get around EOSB and also regular commissions are included in EOSB calculations. I know I'm right, as confirmed from MoL, but I have no need to have a hissy fit and be rude to other people who disagree.

Some people's attitude is really tiresome and the false claims and accusations are ludicrous. I have never claimed to be a lawyer, so to accuse me of that is fatuous, but that doesn't mean I don't know a lot about UAE Labour Law.

I'm out of here as I have far better things to do than be insulted by some internet twat. (And don't think that means you can libel me in my absence either.) Shame, as so many BE posters seek my advice - which they get freely - on a range of matters, without me approaching them.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:56 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I am not going to be drawn into a row, especially from an offensive hypocrite, but there is masses of incorrect info on this thread. You can get around EOSB and also regular commissions are included in EOSB calculations. I know I'm right, as confirmed from MoL, but I have no need to have a hissy fit and be rude to other people who disagree.

Some people's attitude is really tiresome and the false claims and accusations are ludicrous. I have never claimed to be a lawyer, so to accuse me of that is fatuous, but that doesn't mean I don't know a lot about UAE Labour Law.

I'm out of here as I have far better things to do than be insulted by some internet twat. (And don't think that means you can libel me in my absence either.) Shame, as so many BE posters seek my advice - which they get freely - on a range of matters, without me approaching them.
Put him on ignore! there are plenty of posters on this forum who value your opinions and advice.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Put him on ignore! there are plenty of posters on this forum who value your opinions and advice.
And plenty that don't lol.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Meow has been really helpful with advice to me personally and has been in the country a hell of a lot longer than most folk here...apart from Jim Smith who I think was born here

There's no need to try and discredit someone polite and helpful to new and old folk on here when all you are is arrogant, rude and a know-it-all
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:06 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

Are you Rage quitting?!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:07 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Are you Rage quitting?!
she aint quitting, but I can understand how she feels no need for personal insults.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:07 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

I think Theseus summed it up nicely. Best form of defence is attack I guess Meow? Your above rant says nothing, contradicts your previous posts and also demonstrates massive hypocrisy on your part. You're the only one throwing toys here yet you present the acceptable face of BE?

p.s. Friendly hint: Stop saying you're a legal expert if you don't want people to think you're a lawyer. That advice is free xx
Dude. I know you probably think you are doing people a favour, but really all they see is someone obsessed with discrediting another poster who is generally acknowledged as knowing what she is talking about (and who is careful not to claim being something she is not).

In short you are the one who ends up looking like a tool..

That advice was free.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:08 am
Concierge

And plenty that don't lol.
then don't post on this forum then
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:22 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by norsk
Dude. I know you probably think you are doing people a favour, but really all they see is someone obsessed with discrediting another poster who is generally acknowledged as knowing what she is talking about (and who is careful not to claim being something she is not).

In short you are the one who ends up looking like a tool..

That advice was free.
and she didn't have a hissy fit as he puts it, she has just decided to walk away for a while, who can blame her? Over the years Meow has helped many people on this bored in the real world, getting people out of jail, sorting banking issues, she has a heart of gold and doesn't deserve to be spoken to or have her professionalism questioned. I wonder if the twat in Doha has a column in a local newspaper offering consumer advice?
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
and she didn't have a hissy fit as he puts it, she has just decided to walk away for a while, who can blame her? Over the years Meow has helped many people on this bored in the real world, getting people out of jail, sorting banking issues, she has a heart of gold and doesn't deserve to be spoken to or have her professionalism questioned. I wonder if the twat in Doha has a column in a local newspaper offering consumer advice?
Dubaiguy didn't mention hissy fits did he? I believe that was Meow who said that. (happy to be proved wrong on that one)

Also he didnt get particularly personal on this occasion. He's been very clear in everything he has said. There is an argument between two people on here they both believe they are right about this point of law. One is probably more qualified on the law side the other has an awful lot of experience. I have no idea who is right but on this occasion they both believed they needed to make their own "correct" view clear because it may affect someone else's financial benefit.

I don't see this needs anyone leaping to meow's defence particularly if they are inventing parts of the discussion.

Also declaring he should stop posting here because he disagrees with one other posters opinion is a bit cliquey isn't it?

How about we leave these two experts to it unless we have a relevant question for them to answer?
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:41 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theseus
How about we leave these two experts to it unless we have a relevant question for them to answer?
No. Site Rules:
1. Personal Attacks
BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:44 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
No. Site Rules:
1. Personal Attacks
BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.
Is being called a twat not a personal attack?
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
No. Site Rules:
1. Personal Attacks

So which part of me saying leave them to it was a personal attack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.