British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   We're moving... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/were-moving-644040/)

MataHari Dec 9th 2009 8:50 am

We're moving...
 
just heard we have to move out of our villa...as the brother of the owner is going to move into it, yeah yeah yeah...

anyway, I will be househunting as of today, but just in case anybody hears or sees anything in Mirdif (so not in Mizhar or Al Warqa), it needs to be an independent villa, 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, large outside area and a pool.

I am actually quite excited, lol...

TGFKASE Dec 9th 2009 9:01 am

Re: We're moving...
 
So, you are remaining in Mirdif?

MataHari Dec 9th 2009 9:09 am

Re: We're moving...
 

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8158410)
So, you are remaining in Mirdif?

yes, if possible...the kids school is here, all their friends live in this area, and for my son it's easy access to the desert with his quadbike, mr MH works just across the Business Bay brigde...and like I've said before, the planes have never bothered us, been here 5 years now and I'd really hate to move to another area...

Meow Dec 9th 2009 9:33 am

Re: We're moving...
 
Good luck in finding somewhere suitable quickly. Traipsing around a load of horrid overpriced places is no fun.

-

MataHari Dec 9th 2009 9:39 am

Re: We're moving...
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8158499)
Good luck in finding somewhere suitable quickly. Traipsing around a load of horrid overpriced places is no fun.

-

oh I know...it won't be easy to find a place, most are compounds, it will be hard to find a villa...am having a look the various websites now...why oh why do all those houses have such horrid horrid lighting fixtures...and what's with the wrought iron bannisters...and those dark 'wood' kitchens...arrgghhhhhhh

shiva Dec 9th 2009 9:56 am

Re: We're moving...
 
been looking around mirdif myself recently and there are shedloads available, try dubizzle saw a 5 bed for 120 on there the other day

there ya go
http://dubai.dubizzle.com/property-f...-equipped-kit/

MataHari Dec 9th 2009 10:01 am

Re: We're moving...
 

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 8158545)
been looking around mirdif myself recently and there are shedloads available, try dubizzle saw a 5 bed for 120 on there the other day

there ya go
http://dubai.dubizzle.com/property-f...-equipped-kit/

I know, but they are mostely on compounds, which just isn't what I want...I like my privacy when I am sitting outside, hate the whole open space around a pool thing, and with the cars and the quadbikes, the massive trailer, we need a fair bit amount of outside space.
The bigger independent villas don't come on the market that often.

MataHari Dec 9th 2009 10:04 am

Re: We're moving...
 

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 8158545)
been looking around mirdif myself recently and there are shedloads available, try dubizzle saw a 5 bed for 120 on there the other day

there ya go
http://dubai.dubizzle.com/property-f...-equipped-kit/

lol...that's on my list...trying to call the number now

although I have to say, I quite fancy this one...
http://www.bhomes.com/UAE/residentia...d/268087.xhtml

Meow Dec 9th 2009 10:06 am

Re: We're moving...
 

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8158514)
oh I know...it won't be easy to find a place, most are compounds, it will be hard to find a villa...am having a look the various websites now...why oh why do all those houses have such horrid horrid lighting fixtures...and what's with the wrought iron bannisters...and those dark 'wood' kitchens...arrgghhhhhhh

I am having flashbacks!

I was just amazed at some of the places we saw. They must have been designed by blind morons.

My friend tells a story of viewing a place a few years ago where each bathroom had an animal theme with the loos in the shape of the animals head and tiles to match.

-

MataHari Dec 9th 2009 10:13 am

Re: We're moving...
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8158569)
I am having flashbacks!

I was just amazed at some of the places we saw. They must have been designed by blind morons.

My friend tells a story of viewing a place a few years ago where each bathroom had an animal theme with the loos in the shape of the animals head and tiles to match.

-

tell me about it...everything 'themed' is a big no no in my book, lol...
the kitchens are just the worst ever, dark country style fronts, beige tiles with motives...who in gods name thinks this is ok...what's wrong with just plain white...

MataHari Dec 9th 2009 10:13 am

Re: We're moving...
 

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 8158545)
been looking around mirdif myself recently and there are shedloads available, try dubizzle saw a 5 bed for 120 on there the other day

there ya go
http://dubai.dubizzle.com/property-f...-equipped-kit/

oh sorry madame...it just went yesterday

TGFKASE Dec 9th 2009 10:18 am

Re: We're moving...
 

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8158583)
oh sorry madame...it just went yesterday

Course it did.. They have others to show you???

MataHari Dec 9th 2009 10:19 am

Re: We're moving...
 

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8158597)
Course it did.. They have others to show you???

lol...they will get back to me

Blue Cat Dec 9th 2009 11:56 am

Re: We're moving...
 

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8158583)
oh sorry madame...it just went yesterday

shame that looked fabulous!! I find the best way is to drive round, there were some really nice big ones down where Spugsy used to live :)

Roadking Dec 9th 2009 12:39 pm

Re: We're moving...
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8158872)
shame that looked fabulous!! I find the best way is to drive round, there were some really nice big ones down where Spugsy used to live :)

...and I hear the neighbourhood has improved since...:p


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:51 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.