Weekend plans?

Old Apr 29th 2018, 3:16 pm
  #31  
Knee deep and rising
 
weasel decentral's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,007
weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend plans?

Originally Posted by Scamp
We're interviewing people so it's not issue.

Don't think we have an office in Mumbai other than site offices anyway.
Got any decent projects going in Mumbai, I saw something out in Mulund or Thane that looked to be your crowd. But I wasn't sure, almost all residential projects here are stopped except the affordable housing stuff.

I'll bet tomorrow less than 50% of interviewees show up
weasel decentral is offline  
Old Apr 30th 2018, 12:40 am
  #32  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Weekend plans?

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Got any decent projects going in Mumbai, I saw something out in Mulund or Thane that looked to be your crowd. But I wasn't sure, almost all residential projects here are stopped except the affordable housing stuff.

I'll bet tomorrow less than 50% of interviewees show up
Yes and no, some nice stuff happening in Mumbai for us. Mostly BKC I believe, but might be totally wrong.

All four showed and all four taaaaaaaaaaaaaaalked. Selfish really because I'm now sat with room service typing up the reports.
scrubbedexpat141 is offline  
Old Apr 30th 2018, 4:58 am
  #33  
Hit 16's
 
Bahtatboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Posts: 13,112
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend plans?

Originally Posted by Scamp
...
All four showed and all four taaaaaaaaaaaaaaalked. Selfish really because I'm now sat with room service typing up the reports.
What's she like?
Bahtatboy is offline  
Old Apr 30th 2018, 6:11 pm
  #34  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Weekend plans?

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
What's she like?
Moustached.
scrubbedexpat141 is offline  
Old May 12th 2018, 5:23 pm
  #35  
BE Enthusiast
 
Pongo's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 483
Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend plans?

Originally Posted by TheShed
As I’m sure you know, the exact translation from French is “cooked with vacuum”.

1. Seal food in vacuum bag
2. Cook at extremely precise temperature for about 1-2 hours. so food is cooked thoroughly and evenly.
3. If required (steak or duck) finish in super hot skillet for outside color and texture.

Most global steak houses are now using Sous Vide.
How is the food turning out?
Pongo is offline  
Old May 13th 2018, 11:55 pm
  #36  
Wannabe Cycling God
 
TheShed's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: West Kensington, Dubai
Posts: 1,157
TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend plans?

Originally Posted by Pongo


How is the food turning out?
Absolutely brilliant to be honest. Especially steaks. I can happily produce a magnificent medium rare filet that is identical color and temperature all the way through then just finish it in a hot griddle pan for about a minute each side. Also di some duck breasts (which I always spoiled in the past) and they came out superb. It really is restaurant quality meat preparation (as long as the raw product is good). Also tried a few vegetables and they seem to magically gain huge amounts of taste that disappear when boiling or steaming.

Overall, probably the best device I've ever bought for our kitchen.
TheShed is offline  
Old May 14th 2018, 12:16 am
  #37  
...we killed the flame
 
Miss Ann Thrope's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,086
Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend plans?

Originally Posted by TheShed
Absolutely brilliant to be honest. Especially steaks. I can happily produce a magnificent medium rare filet that is identical color and temperature all the way through then just finish it in a hot griddle pan for about a minute each side. Also di some duck breasts (which I always spoiled in the past) and they came out superb. It really is restaurant quality meat preparation (as long as the raw product is good). Also tried a few vegetables and they seem to magically gain huge amounts of taste that disappear when boiling or steaming.

Overall, probably the best device I've ever bought for our kitchen.
How big is it? Sits on a counter-top I presume and requires electrical connection but manual filling with water? And how much did it cost and where dd you get it? Answers in your own time please...
Miss Ann Thrope is offline  
Old May 14th 2018, 12:26 am
  #38  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Weekend plans?

Originally Posted by TheShed
Absolutely brilliant to be honest. Especially steaks. I can happily produce a magnificent medium rare filet that is identical color and temperature all the way through then just finish it in a hot griddle pan for about a minute each side. Also di some duck breasts (which I always spoiled in the past) and they came out superb. It really is restaurant quality meat preparation (as long as the raw product is good). Also tried a few vegetables and they seem to magically gain huge amounts of taste that disappear when boiling or steaming.

Overall, probably the best device I've ever bought for our kitchen.
Look Mr Shed. I'm a sucker for Lakeland on a good day.

Is this a gimmick or genuinely impressive? I got the slow cooker out at the weekend and wonder why I don't more often. Cracking bit of kit.
scrubbedexpat141 is offline  
Old May 14th 2018, 3:26 pm
  #39  
Wannabe Cycling God
 
TheShed's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: West Kensington, Dubai
Posts: 1,157
TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend plans?

Originally Posted by Scamp
Look Mr Shed. I'm a sucker for Lakeland on a good day.

Is this a gimmick or genuinely impressive? I got the slow cooker out at the weekend and wonder why I don't more often. Cracking bit of kit.
Scamp, I am also a useless gadget hoarder!! But this, is significantly different. It doesn't cook quickly or anything, in fact its quite a bit slower than traditional methods, BUT, its the output. If you really enjoy the taste and quality of high precision cooking and are a meat eater, you will love it. As I mentioned, the veggies are pretty good too.

The device itself is about 12in tall and about 2-3 in in diameter so goes away in a drawer after use. You can either clip it to the side of a tall pan or buy a special plastic box and lid like I did.

Search Amazon for Anova Culinary Precision Cooker. There are other brands but this one consistently comes out top in the review. Also search for Sous-Vide recipes to see some of the stuff you can cook in it. The food needs to be vacuum sealed in bags and people will tell you to get a sealer, but the "water immersion vacuuming" works perfectly well for me.

The cooker is about $150-180 but in my view, worth every penny.

Attached (hopefully) is a steak that I cooked medium rare a few days ago. Thing to look for is the consistency of cooking through the meat.
Attached Thumbnails Weekend plans?-img_6203.jpg  
TheShed is offline  
Old May 14th 2018, 4:36 pm
  #40  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Weekend plans?

Originally Posted by TheShed
Scamp, I am also a useless gadget hoarder!! But this, is significantly different. It doesn't cook quickly or anything, in fact its quite a bit slower than traditional methods, BUT, its the output. If you really enjoy the taste and quality of high precision cooking and are a meat eater, you will love it. As I mentioned, the veggies are pretty good too.

The device itself is about 12in tall and about 2-3 in in diameter so goes away in a drawer after use. You can either clip it to the side of a tall pan or buy a special plastic box and lid like I did.

Search Amazon for Anova Culinary Precision Cooker. There are other brands but this one consistently comes out top in the review. Also search for Sous-Vide recipes to see some of the stuff you can cook in it. The food needs to be vacuum sealed in bags and people will tell you to get a sealer, but the "water immersion vacuuming" works perfectly well for me.

The cooker is about $150-180 but in my view, worth every penny.

Attached (hopefully) is a steak that I cooked medium rare a few days ago. Thing to look for is the consistency of cooking through the meat.
The research begins, thank you mate.

Steak looks delicious. Potatoes wonderful. Not sure what the green stuff is, but very pleasant looking plate.
scrubbedexpat141 is offline  
Old May 14th 2018, 4:48 pm
  #41  
Wannabe Cycling God
 
TheShed's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: West Kensington, Dubai
Posts: 1,157
TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend plans?

Gratin Potatoes and Garlic Roasted Broccoli from Allrecipes App. Cracking source for good recipes and amazingly useful when coupled with the Anylist shopping list app. Auto update of shopping list once you decide your meals for the week.

If you do go for the Anova, don't make the mistake I did originally. I bought from Amazon.com and only realized after arrival the 110v elephant in the room . I then returned and ordered from Amazon.co.uk through Shop and Shit. I have a feeling that I saw the Anova on Souq or Noon. Worth checking as occasionally their prices are similar to Amazon including the shipping and duty.
TheShed is offline  
Old May 18th 2018, 10:29 pm
  #42  
Excess Baggage
 
littlejimmy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 5,479
littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend plans?

Originally Posted by TheShed
Gratin Potatoes and Garlic Roasted Broccoli from Allrecipes App. Cracking source for good recipes and amazingly useful when coupled with the Anylist shopping list app. Auto update of shopping list once you decide your meals for the week.

If you do go for the Anova, don't make the mistake I did originally. I bought from Amazon.com and only realized after arrival the 110v elephant in the room . I then returned and ordered from Amazon.co.uk through Shop and Shit. I have a feeling that I saw the Anova on Souq or Noon. Worth checking as occasionally their prices are similar to Amazon including the shipping and duty.
I miss the dinner parties.
littlejimmy is offline  
Old May 19th 2018, 8:25 pm
  #43  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,467
jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend plans?

Originally Posted by TheShed
I have a feeling that I saw the Anova on Souq or Noon. Worth checking as occasionally their prices are similar to Amazon including the shipping and duty.
495 dibs on Souq.
jam25mack is offline  
Old May 23rd 2018, 4:49 pm
  #44  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Weekend plans?

It's that time of the week again, who's doing what this weekend?

I've got a bit of study time tomorrow, house party in the evening and golf on Saturday. Lovely.
scrubbedexpat141 is offline  
Old May 23rd 2018, 9:23 pm
  #45  
Hit 16's
 
Bahtatboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Posts: 13,112
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend plans?

Originally Posted by Scamp
It's that time of the week again, who's doing what this weekend?

I've got a bit of study time tomorrow, house party in the evening and golf on Saturday. Lovely.
Bought one of these during a quick business trip to Spain last week. Will enjoy this weekend with some Rioja I brought back:
Attached Thumbnails Weekend plans?-7_808_jamon_bellota_jabuguena.jpg  
Bahtatboy is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.