Villa needed

Old Oct 4th 2009, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Villa needed

I didn't say I paid my own rent. I didn't even say I did pay rent.

Nobody knows anything about anyone else's personal circumstances, so to comment on where they choose to live is inappropriate. IMO.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 7:35 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ditzy
I didn't say I paid my own rent. I didn't even say I did pay rent.

Nobody knows anything about anyone else's personal circumstances, so to comment on where they choose to live is inappropriate. IMO.
this is the sandpit.....not EW..

please dont be upset....

inappropriate is quite appropriate on here
Old Oct 4th 2009, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by commander
this is the sandpit.....not EW..

please dont be upset....

inappropriate is quite appropriate on here
Don't worry...not upset
But thanks for the concern
Old Oct 4th 2009, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
totally agree but why do you pay your own rent? that is a total waste of money if you ask me.

Daniel - heard of one on Springs three with a pool but won't be available til January?
If you're self employed you don't really have a choice, but we're certainly looking at cheaper rents than last year for better villas (fortunately). Now I just need to find a good removalist - my husband wants an el cheapo company but with an all Philapino team. If anyone has used a good one that fits the bill, can you let me know.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 9:44 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Cow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ditzy
Yes well, we are all here for different reasons, some people may want to save a bit more money while they are here, rather than pour most of it into rent on a bigger house, and have less left over.

I don't think any of us should judge others on where they choose to live - nobody knows the reasons why each of us choose to live where we do.

Daniel - I've been to some lovely Springs houses and gardens. I'm sure yours will be just as nice. Happy bbq'ing!
Cheers Ditzy. And as for the other comments they are symbolic of the things I do dislike about Dubai - misplaced snobbism and upmanship. I have other priorities outside of how big my house is. The area is walking distance to my son's school which means my wife doesn't need to drive (necessarily) when it's not too hot. Apart from an increase in sq ft (which I don't need, frankly) the villas in Meadows and Lakes are not significantly better - I know because I am living in Meadows now. Great house, loads of space but in my view, a waste of money - I have plenty of money to subsidise a larger ego which will be better spent elsewhere.

Get over yourselves guys.

Cheers.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 9:54 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daniel Marsden
Cheers Ditzy. And as for the other comments they are symbolic of the things I do dislike about Dubai - misplaced snobbism and upmanship. I have other priorities outside of how big my house is. The area is walking distance to my son's school which means my wife doesn't need to drive (necessarily) when it's not too hot. Apart from an increase in sq ft (which I don't need, frankly) the villas in Meadows and Lakes are not significantly better - I know because I am living in Meadows now. Great house, loads of space but in my view, a waste of money - I have plenty of money to subsidise a larger ego which will be better spent elsewhere.

Cheers.
hohohoho dont bite, if you knew me, you would understand that i am not 'over myself' nor snobby...

I just think the springs are shit, and for the record, if i had to pay for my own accommodation, i wouldnt even be in this shithole. So to that end, i agree with binning the meadows and going to the springs..

anyway..good luck..living in the meadows you will already be aware of the substandard workmanship and build quality..
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:43 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Cow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really nice

Originally Posted by commander
hohohoho dont bite, if you knew me, you would understand that i am not 'over myself' nor snobby...

I just think the springs are shit, and for the record, if i had to pay for my own accommodation, i wouldnt even be in this shithole. So to that end, i agree with binning the meadows and going to the springs..

anyway..good luck..living in the meadows you will already be aware of the substandard workmanship and build quality..
Cheers commander - appreciate that. Yes, I do know exactly what you mean by the workmanship - only one building I have ever been involved with here where the product came first and delivery amazing and that is Le Reve by the marina. My mate in Meadows worked that scheme as developer and it still stands as the only true quality here - everything else will struggle in comparison. I work with what I have and that is a shite market in London which brought me here and to work in the Middle East. Have to make these life changes every now and then so swapped the West End for Dubai - at least here the sun is out every morning

Best

DM
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:53 am
banned

Cheers commander - appreciate that. Yes, I do know exactly what you mean by the workmanship - only one building I have ever been involved with here where the product came first and delivery amazing and that is Le Reve by the marina. My mate in Meadows worked that scheme as developer and it still stands as the only true quality here - everything else will struggle in comparison. I work with what I have and that is a shite market in London which brought me here and to work in the Middle East. Have to make these life changes every now and then so swapped the West End for Dubai - at least here the sun is out every morning

Best

DM
i just couldnt beleive all these people were getting suckered into paying hollywood prices for bollywood standards...
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:24 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.
it is pretty common knowledge that the villas on the Lakes are of superior quality to those on the Springs and the Meadows. The lakes was the first development built and it was Emaars jewel in the crown, which they used to market and sell the Springs. All the Lakes properties are Arabtec finished however only certain properties on the Springs were afforded the professionalism of Arabtec and were subjected to shoddy door fittings and kitchens etc. Emaar built the lakes to rent, and remember then they were are the back end of nowhere so they had to have something 'special' to rent them!
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:28 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

it is pretty common knowledge that the villas on the Lakes are of superior quality to those on the Springs and the Meadows. The lakes was the first development built and it was Emaars jewel in the crown, which they used to market and sell the Springs. All the Lakes properties are Arabtec finished however only certain properties on the Springs were afforded the professionalism of Arabtec and were subjected to shoddy door fittings and kitchens etc. Emaar built the lakes to rent, and remember then they were are the back end of nowhere so they had to have something 'special' to rent them!
But you have missed the point completely - only moving to Springs out of pure convenience. I did look at some villas on the Lakes but frankly (and I only speak about the ones I looked at) I didn't like the configuration and the spec felt tired. It is a lovely setting though and feels mature. Maybe once my wife is comfortable with Dubai (she hasn't arrived yet) we will consider another location which will offer us more but for now Springs is perfectly suitable. Hope that's OK.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

finishing on the springs is shocking, but I would say that arabtec finishing a la ranches isn't a lot better - just a bit better than 'really shit'.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

But you have missed the point completely - only moving to Springs out of pure convenience. I did look at some villas on the Lakes but frankly (and I only speak about the ones I looked at) I didn't like the configuration and the spec felt tired. It is a lovely setting though and feels mature. Maybe once my wife is comfortable with Dubai (she hasn't arrived yet) we will consider another location which will offer us more but for now Springs is perfectly suitable. Hope that's OK.
I was just pointing out what went on before that's all. The Springs suits plenty of people just not me, hope it all works out for you
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:32 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by admon
finishing on the springs is shocking, but I would say that arabtec finishing a la ranches isn't a lot better - just a bit better than 'really shit'.
the Ranches wasn't just Arabtec though?
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

the Ranches wasn't just Arabtec though?
arabtec through and through.

and lets be honest, the lakes finishing isn't anything spectacular either.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:34 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by admon
arabtec through and through.
yeah well regardless I wouldn't live at the Ranches either!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.