Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Tailor - Riyadh, KSA - trying again

Tailor - Riyadh, KSA - trying again

Old Jun 21st 2015, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tailor - Riyadh, KSA - trying again

Keep his contact details. If he is like Modern Tailors in Khobar he will have his order books dating back for years. He can make something up for you and post it !

I should have done that with my tailor in Eastern Province !
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

rosario will become famous soon enough

I loved the tailors shops in Riyadh when I was there. I used one in Olaya which was part of laundry for shirts etc. When I was going on cruise I just bought material from the many and fantastic material shops and gave the tailor items to copy. Result lovely outfits at a good price. I was fortunate that I was invited to quite a few Arab ladies parties and quickly realized that my outfits were too dull and plain so had a few more suitable outfits made up.

When I was there ladies shops were few and far between it was case of going down lanes and knocking on secret doors etc. Much like finding ladies hairdressers!
Old Jun 25th 2015, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

cherrick is an unknown quantity at this point

And a second tailor - Riyadh, again in Al Batha Commercial Center, Al Deira district, walkable from the Four Points Sheraton:
Bangalore Mens Wear
1st floor (so upstairs)
Shop # 232
Mobile #: 0507050978

I got the last 4 yards of some suit-grade Glen Plaid for 50 sr and the labor, lining, parts for the suit came to 350 sr. Figure 3.7 sr to the USD.

Figure 10 days. I'm heading back to prompt the tailor to do a button-fly instead of a zipper.
Old Jul 4th 2015, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

cherrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Follow up:
If you're interested in shirts, I prefer Indian Tailors

(see contact info on 1st page of this thread/convo or click here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-.../#post11673834 ).

I asked him to build my shirts on the loose side and he did. Once the shirts went through the cleaners here (think: hot water and hot dryer and then a press) the material shrank a bit and the shirts fit perfectly. I've seen other tailors here build shirts to fit right away and I know they are going to shrink too small.

My guess is that the 100% cotton being sold in the souqs/bazarr here are not pre-shrunk.

Indian Tailor is the go-to shop for bespoke/hand-made shirts.