Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Tailor - Riyadh, KSA - trying again

Tailor - Riyadh, KSA - trying again

Old May 14th 2015, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

cherrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tailor - Riyadh, KSA - trying again

Is there a good tailor in Riyadh who can bespoke/make mens shirts, please?
Old May 15th 2015, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tailor - Riyadh, KSA - trying again

Hundreds of them. Ask any Indian or Pakistani taxi-driver. It is curious that bespoke shirts are cheaper than off the peg. In UK it is the opposite.
Old May 15th 2015, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

Just go to the clothing souk
Old Jun 11th 2015, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Me, back again ... I tried the local taxi guy and he knows nothing.

Anyone? Based on personal experience, did you find a great tailor in Riyadh?
Old Jun 11th 2015, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Go to Batha. Walk around.

Get out of that "Expat Bubble"

http://www.daleeli.com/en/category/R...-Men%27s/24975

Last edited by scot47; Jun 11th 2015 at 7:31 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scot47
Go to Batha. Walk around.

Get out of that "Expat Bubble"

Tailors - Men's in Riyadh – KSA – Online Business Directory
Thanks for the great list.

I don't mind out-of-the-bubble but there are tailors (set cuffs in a pair of pants) and there are tailors (bespoke a man's suit from fabric). One would like to find the latter tailor.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Next time you spot a smartly-dressed 'Khawaja', ask him "Who is your tailor ?" Dodgy Lebanese are also a good source of information.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Success - so far. I've got my first bespoke shirt in process.

The tailor is Indian Tailors
Batha Commercial Center
1st floor (which means 2nd story as the physically first floor is called the ground floor in KSA, much like France).
Mobile: 0502961686
Not far from the Four Points Sheraton Hotel.

I will have the name of the fabric shop soon. I selected 2 meters of Italian Cotton.

I then carried it back to the tailor shop, where he measured me up and down, asked if I wanted loose (yes) or tight; pocket (yes). He wanted 10 days and I asked for and got 7.

I'm pretty excited. It's my first bespoke shirt and if it's well made and fits well, I will order several more and possibly a suit.

I'll keep you up on how this adventure ends.
Old Jun 13th 2015, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

Thats good news. Well done, wait to hear the rest of the story now.
Old Jun 13th 2015, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Now back in the UK, I regret that I cannot afford bespoke shirts at local prices. Going to the tailor was one of the delights of living in KSA.

Not all is negative - despite the rantings of those who find nothing nice to say about the "Magic Kingdom".

One of my other pleasure there was a regular "wet shave" from a barber.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

I got the shirt. Fabulous.

Needless to say, I'm going back for more shirts and a couple of suits and a refit of a ready-made.

Indian Tailors
in the Batha Commercial Center
Al Deira district
short walk from the Four Points Sheraton.

There are loads of fabric vendors around and in the Center. You buy your fabric and bring it up to Indian Tailors - done in 7 to 19 days.

It's really a revelation to have a piece of clothing that fits perfectly at every point on the body. I recommend it.

Originally Posted by cherrick
Success - so far. I've got my first bespoke shirt in process.

The tailor is Indian Tailors
Batha Commercial Center
1st floor (which means 2nd story as the physically first floor is called the ground floor in KSA, much like France).
Mobile: 0502961686
Not far from the Four Points Sheraton Hotel.

I will have the name of the fabric shop soon. I selected 2 meters of Italian Cotton.

I then carried it back to the tailor shop, where he measured me up and down, asked if I wanted loose (yes) or tight; pocket (yes). He wanted 10 days and I asked for and got 7.

I'm pretty excited. It's my first bespoke shirt and if it's well made and fits well, I will order several more and possibly a suit.

I'll keep you up on how this adventure ends.
Old Jun 20th 2015, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have problems getting shirts that fit "off the peg". Bespoke shirts are ace. Here in post-imperial Britain you have to be the Duke of Devonshire or a Merchant Banker to pay for one.

What went wrong ?
Old Jun 20th 2015, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

capitalism?
Old Jun 20th 2015, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tell your tailor that you have been publicising his services and that you expect a discount !
Old Jun 20th 2015, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Frankly, the price he charged and the work he did constituted a discount. Needless to say, when I paid I paid over his quoted price. His work is that good.

The trick is going to be when I leave Riyadh. How to be able to continue to get his work shipped back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.