Old Sheets

Old Jul 1st 2015, 4:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Old Sheets

Morning,

Bit of a strange one here, we are about to chuck out 4 flat sheets, for queen/king size bed (they're all slightly different, but fit my bed which is king I think). Also some pillow cases to match.

Now, I wouldn't want second hand bedding, but someone else might. Is there anything anyone can suggest for this to be given away? Not sure I can just chuck stuff that's useful down the garbage chute.

Clothes bank? I've got one next door, reckon that's my best bet so far...
Old Jul 1st 2015, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Old Sheets

Toga party?
Old Jul 1st 2015, 5:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Pongo
Toga party?
Thought about keeping for fancy dress but we have enough stuff in that department.

It's a weird one though.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Ever slept in hotels, have you? Think of the hundreds, even thousands of people sleeping on those sheets before you....and doing all sorts on those sheets too.

Don't be squeamish. Man up, mate.

Originally Posted by Scamp
Morning,

Now, I wouldn't want second hand bedding
I don't know if clothes banks take sheets. Do you have a cleaner? I usually pass along unwanted things to her. It's amazing what they will take.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 6:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Ever slept in hotels, have you? Think of the hundreds, even thousands of people sleeping on those sheets before you....and doing all sorts on those sheets too.

Don't be squeamish. Man up, mate.

I don't know if clothes banks take sheets. Do you have a cleaner? I usually pass along unwanted things to her. It's amazing what they will take.
We don't have a regular cleaner. Will probably launch into clothes bank if the mrs can't find anywhere else to give them etc.

Hotel beds and sheets are clean enough and probably cleaned quite well - particularly the type of hotel I choose to stay in anyway. I wouldn't want yours or a mates second hand sheets after washing / dry cleaning though. Out of choice, I'd rather not have second hand bedding....
Old Jul 1st 2015, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I stay in corporate/business type hotels of the better calibre all the time.

Just don't assume the sheets are always as clean as you might think they are. In theory they should be but a theory is what it is, a theory.

But whatever makes your psychosis happy.

I don't think sheets are meant for clothes banks. It's not the same. I remember going to some volunteering event where we sorted through donated clothes and there were a few sheets and they were tossed.

Originally Posted by Scamp
We don't have a regular cleaner. Will probably launch into clothes bank if the mrs can't find anywhere else to give them etc.

Hotel beds and sheets are clean enough and probably cleaned quite well - particularly the type of hotel I choose to stay in anyway. I wouldn't want yours or a mates second hand sheets after washing / dry cleaning though. Out of choice, I'd rather not have second hand bedding....
Old Jul 1st 2015, 7:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I stay in corporate/business type hotels of the better calibre all the time.

Just don't assume the sheets are always as clean as you might think they are. In theory they should be but a theory is what it is, a theory.

But whatever makes your psychosis happy.

I don't think sheets are meant for clothes banks. It's not the same. I remember going to some volunteering event where we sorted through donated clothes and there were a few sheets and they were tossed.
Fair enough. I'll try and find something else, just seems a waste to throw away alright sheets just because we bought some new.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 7:05 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever we had such items to dispose of we just used to put them in a bag/parcel (with "FREE!" written in large letters on the outside) and put said bag/parcel on the wall in front of our villa. It never stayed there for long - think 30 minutes was the record
Old Jul 1st 2015, 7:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hnd
Whenever we had such items to dispose of we just used to put them in a bag/parcel (with "FREE!" written in large letters on the outside) and put said bag/parcel on the wall in front of our villa. It never stayed there for long - think 30 minutes was the record
Not a bad shout. I might ask our favourite security guard if he wants them.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 9:10 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd
Here you wouldn't have to go to such trouble. You might not even have to take them off your bed (although, admittedly, I haven't had sheets stolen, but the list of things which have disappeared grows ever longer).
Old Jul 1st 2015, 9:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Here you wouldn't have to go to such trouble. You might not even have to take them off your bed (although, admittedly, I haven't had sheets stolen, but the list of things which have disappeared grows ever longer).
Perfect chance for some booby traps. Stuff with permanent ink ready to explode on someone or something. Have some fun with it.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Always handy to have an extra Klan uniform.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

And your implication is?

What relevancy does it have to a forum of British expats in the Middle East?

From what I can tell you really do say the oddest things on here.

Originally Posted by scot47
Old Jul 1st 2015, 9:51 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
National dress here:

Old Sheets-moroccan-selhame-robe-01.jpg

Old Sheets-moroccan-selhame-robe-02.jpg

Old Sheets-nazareno-ceuta.jpg
Old Jul 1st 2015, 10:17 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You should see charity tents outside some supermarkets over Ramadan (esp Union Co-ops) where you can hand in all sorts of items. You should also see big charity "bins" outside some supermarkets and stores on a permanent basis where you can donate all types of things.

Also: Dubai Center for Special Needs

Like others we tend to leave things by the bins outside our villa and everything disappears very quickly. It's a good way of passing things on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.