Stalkers and security for women

Stalkers and security for women

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:16 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stalkers and security for women

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
get a small can of hairspray to spray in his face just in case
Good idea - although I wonder if it's illegal - I would be scared of getting arrested!

Originally Posted by seraphnina
Oh he is a wanker for sure..

Always be aware of whats going on around you, Emerald_Eyes.
Yep - I need to be more vigilant!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:20 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Good idea - although I wonder if it's illegal - I would be scared of getting arrested!

Yep - I need to be more vigilant!
you wont get arrested for defending yourself
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:25 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
thing is you hear bad stories over here sometimes, if you challenge him he may becaome angry and do something, if he's backed into a corner so to speak.

Just be very careful and yeah, why not ring the police? I would. If it was mrs spugsy I'd make sure we rang the police.
yeah, he may...but then again he may just back off when you tell him you are not interested...I don't think that not saying anything 'just in case he gets agressive' is the way to go...
Telling someone, listen, I am not interested so will you just go isn't backing him into a corner...and if he still persists then the next step is to call the police...he still will have plenty of time to walk away from it all...

Thing is...this guy is probably trying his luck...and so far things are going well for him, cause EE has talked to him, given him her name even (false but he doesn't know that) and she has not told him to fck off...so as far as he is concerned, there is nothing wrong...
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:27 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
get a small can of hairspray to spray in his face just in case
Good idea.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:33 am
Account Closed

That's what I'm worried about. It was almost as if he expected me to remember him, he was so forward the second time he approached me in the lift lobby. You're right MH, he probably thinks it's all going very well!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shadya
Good idea.
I think you might be able to get a personal alarm at ace in dubai. Ebay do them really cheap too but not sure if that works out here.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:44 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
you can call a special branch of the Dubai police for this type of thing, called Al Ameen, 8004888.

In general, I think women are too polite when things like this happen, you feel threatend by this guy so there is no reason for you to stay polite. Just tell him to go and leave you alone and let him know you will call the police if you see him again.
Also, why give him a name...even if it's false, he doesn't know that, so he thinks he now knows your name...you should have just told him that you are not interested.
good advice.

EE I'd call the cops and explain what happened, at the very least you have given them a heads up about a potential nutter, at best you have told them you have a problem and if it persists they are more likely take it seriously.

Men like this nutter prey on what they perceive to be easy targets, make him aware that you are NOT an easy target. If you see him again make a scene, tell him to **** off and that you are calling the police. (put them on speed dial and call when you see him)
Unfortunately you established contact and he may now see this as a good sign, stop that dead.

If it continues I'd get a bloke to come with you for the day, if you see said stalker get the bloke to go have a polite word with him.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
good advice.

EE I'd call the cops and explain what happened, at the very least you have given them a heads up about a potential nutter, at best you have told them you have a problem and if it persists they are more likely take it seriously.

Men like this nutter prey on what they perceive to be easy targets, make him aware that you are NOT an easy target. If you see him again make a scene, tell him to **** off and that you are calling the police. (put them on speed dial and call when you see him)
Unfortunately you established contact and he may now see this as a good sign, stop that dead.

If it continues I'd get a bloke to come with you for the day, if you see said stalker get the bloke to go have a polite word with him.
yeah I'll have a word if you need EE.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:48 am
Account Closed

good advice.

Thanks will do. I will also look into getting one of these personal alarms.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:50 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks will do. I will also look into getting one of these personal alarms.
if you do, dont keep it at the bottom of your handbag. its **** all use if it takes 10 minutes to find!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

if you do, dont keep it at the bottom of your handbag. its **** all use if it takes 10 minutes to find!
You been speaking to my husband!!! It is his major gripe that I can never find anything in my handbag. He says all handbags should have a zip at the bottom.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:56 am
Account Closed

Lol You can get them on a key ring, which would be great because I always carry my keys in my hand to and from my car, and I very rarely walk anywhere in this town. Point taken on the handbag thing, I can never find a damn thing in there when I need it!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Lol You can get them on a key ring, which would be great because I always carry my keys in my hand to and from my car, and I very rarely walk anywhere in this town. Point taken on the handbag thing, I can never find a damn thing in there when I need it!
If you cannot get one here then I am going home from 2nd to 9th and could pick one up there for you and send it on from here when I get back.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

This type of thing happens more often in the UAE than Australia from my personal experiences.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl
If you cannot get one here then I am going home from 2nd to 9th and could pick one up there for you and send it on from here when I get back.
Thanks very much. That's actually a good idea - I'm meeting up with my family for a holiday soon so I'll get them to bring one with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.