British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Someone on here will be disappointed!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/someone-here-will-disappointed-496919/)

Inselaffen Nov 29th 2007 12:54 pm

Re: Someone on here will be disappointed!!

Originally Posted by Barrie (Post 5614198)
I am sensing a serious Morrissey fan.

I wasn't being nasty when I said I didn't like him earlier!!!!!

Dig, Dig, Dig!!!!

Is this hole I am standing in getting bigger?

As the resident BE ME hole digger I note that you're an amateur when it comes to hole digging! still plenty of depth to go on that one :)

Barrie Nov 29th 2007 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5614239)
As the resident BE ME hole digger I note that you're an amateur when it comes to hole digging! still plenty of depth to go on that one :)

I accept my title of Amateur hole digger and I bow to you oh might BE ME Digger.

I will study your digger form a far and hope to learn many things!!!!

lionheart Nov 29th 2007 1:41 pm

As a performer, I rate Morrissey as a true icon...but much like Amy Winehouse whose music I also love, his personality doesn't concern me. Often the great musical talents are complete idiots outside the auditorium.

Sam FTQ Nov 29th 2007 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5613947)
Smiths Star Morrissey Embroiled In 'Racism' Row you have to say goodbye to the Britain you once knew.

What, Alf Garnet's England? What a tosser. And I really used to like Morrissey.

Sam x

PS: Hi everyone, I'm back!

Grace O Malley Nov 29th 2007 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ (Post 5614566)
What, Alf Garnet's England? What a tosser. And I really used to like Morrissey.

Sam x

PS: Hi everyone, I'm back!

Are you in AD now?

Is Mr. FTQ with you and your kid, sorry how old is he/she and have you sorted out a school yet

Sam FTQ Nov 29th 2007 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 5614658)
Are you in AD now?

Is Mr. FTQ with you and your kid, sorry how old is he/she and have you sorted out a school yet

No, I'm on my own for now (until end Jan). School is sorted though, which is a relief. I heard they were all oversubscribed, but we had no problems.

Grace O Malley Nov 29th 2007 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ (Post 5614664)
No, I'm on my own for now (until end Jan). School is sorted though, which is a relief. I heard they were all oversubscribed, but we had no problems.

How old is he/she and which school did u opt for?

So has yr company put u up in a hotel while you look for an appt here. I suppose you have heard that finding an appt here will be tough

Sam FTQ Nov 29th 2007 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 5614678)
How old is he/she and which school did u opt for?

So has yr company put u up in a hotel while you look for an appt here. I suppose you have heard that finding an appt here will be tough

I've PM'd you.

Grace O Malley Nov 29th 2007 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ (Post 5614694)
I've PM'd you.

OK r u gonna come to the meet up on weds

Sam FTQ Nov 29th 2007 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 5614710)
OK r u gonna come to the meet up on weds

Yeah, maybe - let's see how it goes. Thanks for the invitation.

shakh your bootie Nov 29th 2007 11:57 pm

Actually, if you read Mozzer's comments carefully there is nothing overtly racist in there. He has always had a fond reminiscence for everything quintisentially English from Carry on Movies to Moira Hindley....

Just another case of sensationalist tabloid journalism if you ask me - I would not praise Mozzer unreservedly, but nothing that has been posted here revises my regard for him.

shakh your bootie Nov 29th 2007 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ (Post 5614730)
Yeah, maybe - let's see how it goes. Thanks for the invitation.

I for one would be honored to see you there.....

Madam Medusa Nov 30th 2007 6:26 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5616066)
Actually, if you read Mozzer's comments carefully there is nothing overtly racist in there. He has always had a fond reminiscence for everything quintisentially English from Carry on Movies to Moira Hindley....

Just another case of sensationalist tabloid journalism if you ask me - I would not praise Mozzer unreservedly, but nothing that has been posted here revises my regard for him.

exactly syb...and you should praise him unreservedly, lol...

MM, xx

Sam FTQ Nov 30th 2007 8:01 am

I think what annoys me the most about people like him, is they say they are leaving England because of the 'immigration problems' but then create their own 'immigration problems' in the countries they emigrate to, eg. increased house prices and holiday homes that are empty most of the time, both of which impact quite badly on the local community.

Have you looked at house prices in Bulgaria or rural Italy these days?

Oh, and thanks Shakh Your Bootie, let's see what the day brings. Actually, there is a bar by the same name in my hotel. I wonder if it's the same place? Can you PM me the details? Ta.

shakh your bootie Nov 30th 2007 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ (Post 5616979)
I think what annoys me the most about people like him, is they say they are leaving England because of the 'immigration problems' but then create their own 'immigration problems' in the countries they emigrate to, eg. increased house prices and holiday homes that are empty most of the time, both of which impact quite badly on the local community.

Have you looked at house prices in Bulgaria or rural Italy these days?

Oh, and thanks Shakh Your Bootie, let's see what the day brings. Actually, there is a bar by the same name in my hotel. I wonder if it's the same place? Can you PM me the details? Ta.

Oceans is in Le Meridien on Khalifah Street.... there is only one Oceans in Abu Dhabi. If that is where you are staying stick your head out of the window and wave.... i can see the hotel from my window.