Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So, What have you got to hide ?

Wikiposts

So, What have you got to hide ?

Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:16 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So, What have you got to hide ?

I can hardly babysit from the pub mate...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
not sure...maybe it's the old 'clique' thing that keeps people away...
I do find that people that post a lot and also during the evening/weekend and then say oh I rather spend time with my family a bit annoying...if you can sit behind your pc and post you can surely tear yourself away for a few hours once a year...
Maybe for some people the fact that it is anonymous is the big attraction....in 'real life' they might not be that daring when giving their opinion...people like to hide behind their screens it seems...
I'd rather spend time with your family...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:20 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Maybe it because of me, true....

People do get a warm, friendly welcome, you wouldnt know, you have never been, so you can carry on sat behind a pc offering opionions on something you know nothing about ......sound familiar ?
Aaah, was that an appeal for sympathy?

Guess one of us has to be a grown up, rare for me!

BM, I have nothing against night outs, nor you. However, BE is an online escape. It's not a vehicle for meeting people for me. It may be for you and that is your choice. But don't have a go at others who use this as it was intended. ONLINE!

I have more than enough things to keep me busy in the real world. This is escapism, pure and simple. If you don't like that, fine; live with it but don't bring your judgements down on me. I don't, and won't attend a BE night out cause I don't need another reason to go out. Simple.

Enjoy the forum and chill, mate. Oh, I thought I was on ignore. That's the kid in me again!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Aaah, was that an appeal for sympathy?

Guess one of us has to be a grown up, rare for me!

BM, I have nothing against night outs, nor you. However, BE is an online escape. It's not a vehicle for meeting people for me. It may be for you and that is your choice. But don't have a go at others who use this as it was intended. ONLINE!

I have more than enough things to keep me busy in the real world. This is escapism, pure and simple. If you don't like that, fine; live with it but don't bring your judgements down on me. I don't, and won't attend a BE night out cause I don't need another reason to go out. Simple.

Enjoy the forum and chill, mate. Oh, I thought I was on ignore. That's the kid in me again!
I also subscribe to your point of view re: online,escapish...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Out of all the people who regularly attend the Nights Out, one wants me to go and one doesn't.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:03 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Out of all the people who regularly attend the Nights Out, one wants me to go and one doesn't.
I think you should go, then tell me all about it...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

I´m currently in Scandinavia so I´m excused I hope...

But as for the rest I always thought that a major attraction of forums like this is that you can be rather anon which tends to encourage people to talk about things that they would not discuss with people they know?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

A thought just crossed my mind. Maybe if we get some female strippers and chippendales alike we would get a good response on the night outs. I think people who regularly attend the night outs should get some sort of anonimity to attract the posters who don't go.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 12:59 pm
Banned

DangerousKitchen is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted this thread on the Drinks 13th March thread, but I reckon it deserves its own thread as would be interested to hear people's reasons / opinions....

++++

I reckon there are a lot of people on here who hide behind a avitar and a 'virtual' persona and are either posting on BE in secret from their other half's or are to scared or insecure for 'real people' to actually see what they look like / how they are in real life...

I fail to understand how many on here will spend many hours a week posting / commenting about all kinds of things, yet when a 'night out' is organised, they dont come along !

I accept that maybe last night wasnt convenient to some, but every time a night out is suggested, its the same people who come along, and the rest of you who could come, shy away...

What I dont understand is that those people who will gladly comment on other members lives, problems, issues sat on their arse behind a pc, dont have the balls to actually come out in Public and meet their 'virtual' friends

SO COME ON, THOSE OF YOU WHO NEVER ATTEND A NIGHT OUT.....WHY NOT ? WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO HIDE ????
I'm new here so maybe I should'nt say nothin but did you ever consider that it does'nt sound like much fun? And since it takes 2 hours to go ten miles in this city you might need to come up with something better if you want people to show up. I mean if you want to play tiddlywinks or little games designed to get people to talk to eachother then have at it but don't act like you're captain courageous for doing it. You're a regular social butterfly aren't you Bagelman?

Get a poker game going and invite a few girls and i'm there- and lets leave the wifes at home, ok? They ruin everything
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:38 pm
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to attend these nights out...until I found out that I wasn't welcome
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:43 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DangerousKitchen
I'm new here so maybe I should'nt say nothin but did you ever consider that it does'nt sound like much fun? And since it takes 2 hours to go ten miles in this city you might need to come up with something better if you want people to show up. I mean if you want to play tiddlywinks or little games designed to get people to talk to eachother then have at it but don't act like you're captain courageous for doing it. You're a regular social butterfly aren't you Bagelman?

Get a poker game going and invite a few girls and i'm there- and lets leave the wifes at home, ok? They ruin everything
I simply asked some questions as to people's reasons why they wouldnt come to a night out to meet the people who they regularly converse with on a whole range of topics throughout the year.....how is that acting like Captain Courageous ??

The poker game could be popular which I guess will be at your place seeing as you cant travel
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:52 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
I used to attend these nights out...until I found out that I wasn't welcome
Why did you feel like that ?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Why did you feel like that ?
I'd rather not say Doctor.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:57 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
I'd rather not say Doctor.
Come to my surgery and we can discuss it
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:02 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Come to my surgery and we can discuss it
please EE, don't fall for it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.