Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So, What have you got to hide ?

Wikiposts

So, What have you got to hide ?

Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:46 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So, What have you got to hide ?

Originally Posted by MataHari
not sure...maybe it's the old 'clique' thing that keeps people away...
I do find that people that post a lot and also during the evening/weekend and then say oh I rather spend time with my family a bit annoying...if you can sit behind your pc and post you can surely tear yourself away for a few hours once a year...
Maybe for some people the fact that it is anonymous is the big attraction....in 'real life' they might not be that daring when giving their opinion...people like to hide behind their screens it seems...
I dont get the whole 'clique' thing.....When I first arrived in Dubai and posted on here, I was invited to the quiz, and walked in there not knowing what those attending looked like, but I did it because I wanted to meet the people who had helped me on here, and commented on stuff.....Ok, it was a bit daunting for 5 mins but I was made to feel very welcome

Isnt that the same in any new environment in any walk of life. ? Sometimes you have to walk into a situation you dont feel 100% comfortable about, but you do it !

If people are scared to do something very simple like that, then I feel sorry for those people
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:48 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
That still doesn't confirm you were there. You criticise others for not being there but don't actually say you were there yourself. Got something to hide?
Watch my lips....YES, I WAS THERE and I usually go to these things, especially if someone who you talk to on BE day in day out about a host of issues, goes to the trouble of arranging something

Its a few hours a year, and you spend more time than a few hours a year on here posting, so thats what I dont understand

Even if people came along once, decided the people there werent for them, or they didnt enjoy it, at least they had the balls to come along
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:49 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I dont get the whole 'clique' thing.....When I first arrived in Dubai and posted on here, I was invited to the quiz, and walked in there not knowing what those attending looked like, but I did it because I wanted to meet the people who had helped me on here, and commented on stuff.....Ok, it was a bit daunting for 5 mins but I was made to feel very welcome

Isnt that the same in any new environment in any walk of life. ? Sometimes you have to walk into a situation you dont feel 100% comfortable about, but you do it !

If people are scared to do something very simple like that, then I feel sorry for those people
hey...if you can do it, anyone can....
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:51 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Watch my lips....YES, I WAS THERE and I usually go to these things, especially if someone who you talk to on BE day in day out about a host of issues, goes to the trouble of arranging something

Its a few hours a year, and you spend more time than a few hours a year on here posting, so thats what I dont understand

Even if people came along once, decided the people there werent for them, or they didnt enjoy it, at least they had the balls to come along
Aaaha, a definitive answer, at last.

It could also be the answer to your question.

Why would I want to spend an evening with a vague, judgemental, opinionated, naah....let's not go there. Hope you had a good night.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:54 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

.....Even if people came along once, decided the people there werent for them, or they didnt enjoy it....
Haha...but that also works in reverse you know...as I said in your other thread

"As for myself, there was a birthday night out thread in the Sandpit (open to all ME BEs to read) so I asked a member of the Cloggies group (seeing most of them were going) if I could come along and the response was just a big NO !

Once bitten, twice shy..."
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:54 am
Hammer for Life

Aaaha, a definitive answer, at last.

It could also be the answer to your question.

Why would I want to spend an evening with a vague, judgemental, opinionated, naah....let's not go there. Hope you had a good night.
Then why would you want to answer anything I post on here then ?

Oooh good, you can be my first person on my 'ignore list'....see ya
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:55 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by MacScot
Haha...but that also works in reverse you know...as I said in your other thread

"As for myself, there was a birthday night out thread in the Sandpit (open to all ME BEs to read) so I asked a member of the Cloggies group (seeing most of them were going) if I could come along and the response was just a big NO !

Once bitten, twice shy..."
I dont know anything about the 'birthday' thing so will leave others who apparently said 'No' to comment
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:56 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Serious head on;

If I was here as a singleton I would spend some of my social time at BE events.

However I work bloody long hours and every minute I have is either spent with my wife and young daughter or on my bike.

There is nothing more to it than that. I mentioned on the thread about the drinks that I am available for a drink in July.

That is because my wife and daughter are away and ill have a spare evening..

I'm not shy, not scared of cliques and enjoy meeting people.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:58 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by commander
Serious head on;

If I was here as a singleton I would spend some of my social time at BE events.

However I work bloody long hours and every minute I have is either spent with my wife and young daughter or on my bike.
There is nothing more to it than that. I mentioned on the thread about the drinks that I am available for a drink in July.

That is because my wife and daughter are away and ill have a spare evening..

I'm not shy, not scared of cliques and enjoy meeting people.
Or spending time on here posting regularly.....a flimsy excuse Im afraid
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:59 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Then why would you want to answer anything I post on here then ?

Oooh good, you can be my first person on my 'ignore list'....see ya
Oh, forgot to add childish to the list.

He doesn't like me, mom. Tell him, tell him. Boohooo! OK, I'm not playing and will take my ball home. Sniff, sniff.

Aww, diddums.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:00 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want your sympathy B/man but I find it daunting walking into a group of people I 'virtually' know as opposed to a whole new (and bigger) group of complete strangers.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:01 am
Hammer for Life

Oh, forgot to add childish to the list.

He doesn't like me, mom. Tell him, tell him. Boohooo! OK, I'm not playing and will take my ball home. Sniff, sniff.

Aww, diddums.
You dont know me at all, so you cannot comment on what I am like, I on the other hand know you are a twat !
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:02 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Eva
I don't want your sympathy B/man but I find it daunting walking into a group of people I 'virtually' know as opposed to a whole new (and bigger) group of complete strangers.
I would make you welcome Eva..
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:06 am
If I have to explain...

You dont know me at all, so you cannot comment on what I am like, I on the other hand know you are a twat !
Good retort and cuts me to the heart. oh, how will I ever go on knowing that BM thinks I'm, sorry what was the imaginative insult, ooh yes "twat".

Sorry, have to go now and sob into my pillow.

Thought; ever wonder why people don't come to BE night outs? Could it be the lack of warm friendly welcome, the non-existent banter or just the fact that BM is there!

Hmmm, let me think.................
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:09 am
Hammer for Life

Good retort and cuts me to the heart. oh, how will I ever go on knowing that BM thinks I'm, sorry what was the imaginative insult, ooh yes "twat".

Sorry, have to go now and sob into my pillow.

Thought; ever wonder why people don't come to BE night outs? Could it be the lack of warm friendly welcome, the non-existent banter or just the fact that BM is there!

Hmmm, let me think.................
Maybe it because of me, true....

People do get a warm, friendly welcome, you wouldnt know, you have never been, so you can carry on sat behind a pc offering opionions on something you know nothing about ......sound familiar ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.