And So It Begins....

Old Dec 5th 2014, 8:17 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And So It Begins....

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Seems that the thread title wasnt so much scaremongering after all
One woman, apparently acting alone (they didn't even arrest the man they found in the house with her), still doesn't justify the thread title.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

considering that the American Embassy had given out warnings, yes. We are no more in danger here from these events than we would be in London. But also we cannot think that such things won't happen.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 12:13 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
considering that the American Embassy had given out warnings, yes. We are no more in danger here from these events than we would be in London. But also we cannot think that such things won't happen.
We are probably at lower risk here if for no other reason than its a police state so surveillance of suspects is far more likely and it's generally easier to track them in a smaller population with zero concern for rights etc

There is no doubt that there are disgruntled elements of society here but they are closely monitored and brutally subdued on a regular basis. No need for court orders and no right to appeal here. London is a far easier target and a far easier place to preach hate and go unfollowed for months.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I was there at the time, with my 2 & 4 year old. We left at 2pm. I have to say that this incident has made me very nervous (no doubt the intention). Schools are being lobbied to tighten security and we are campaigning for a female security officer to identify veiled women. I hate to be so reactionary but it has certainly given me the fear.

The video is certainly a message. The music is very odd to me but it is slick propaganda. I wonder what they will do with her.

A google doesn't reveal much about her family name in modern day but they seem very important in history.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

I used to be very surprised that Jihadi groups never mounted a major attack against Western expats in the UAE, considering how many there are out and about . Plus Dubai and Abu Dhabi are liberal in their tolerance of dress and behavior by expats relative to Saudi.

I chalked it down to the Jihadis not wanting to upset the apple cart and inviting opposition from Locals who otherwise would be inclined to sympathize with Jihadi interests outside of the UAE. Lot of money laundering that benefits Islamists and Jihadis in the UAE; don't want to mess that up.

Last edited by Boomhauer; Dec 6th 2014 at 7:28 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
The Sand Pit seems to be getting back to normal. A thread about a very serious event but with a scaremongering title elevated itself (a bit) with some reasoned views only to plummet by page 2 into comments on the size of a cartoon character's boobs.
Sorry...

Arrest video is quite compelling. Just a great amount of editing effort etc to go to...for what? To convince people they're not just making up an arrest?
Old Dec 7th 2014, 8:54 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
I used to be very surprised that Jihadi groups never mounted a major attack against Western expats in the UAE, considering how many there are out and about . Plus Dubai and Abu Dhabi are liberal in their tolerance of dress and behavior by expats relative to Saudi.

I chalked it down to the Jihadis not wanting to upset the apple cart and inviting opposition from Locals who otherwise would be inclined to sympathize with Jihadi interests outside of the UAE. Lot of money laundering that benefits Islamists and Jihadis in the UAE; don't want to mess that up.
Although I agree the apple cart theory is a plausible one it would be a ridiculously risky strategy to base your security policy on such thinking and I consider it more to be something expats use to justify their continued stay. I don't believe for a second that the UAE government believe the theory, especially when you look at the actions they have taken over the last year. Bombing extremists in Libya, bombing ISIL in Syria/Iraq, condemning Qatar in public for their questionable support to the brotherhood and so on.

I'm pretty sure the UAE government are seriously concerned that they have citizens willing to kill expats in their country for no other reason than that they are westerners (and probably even more concerned that they weren't already keeping an eye on these people).

Right now the UAE functions like an oasis in a region full of conflict and they benefit greatly from this, but they know full well if this situation escalates it could topple their world. Forever possibly....
Old Dec 7th 2014, 9:26 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk

Right now the UAE functions like an oasis in a region full of conflict and they benefit greatly from this, but they know full well if this situation escalates it could topple their world. Forever possibly....
as would democracy.

The powers that be have zero interest in change of any kind.

As for UAE based extremists, 2 of the 9/11 hijackers were from the UAE a fact I'm pretty sure gives them an automatic pass from the US State department on how they handle domestic threats in the UAE
Old Dec 7th 2014, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Although I agree the apple cart theory is a plausible one it would be a ridiculously risky strategy to base your security policy on such thinking and I consider it more to be something expats use to justify their continued stay. I don't believe for a second that the UAE government believe the theory, especially when you look at the actions they have taken over the last year. Bombing extremists in Libya, bombing ISIL in Syria/Iraq, condemning Qatar in public for their questionable support to the brotherhood and so on.
They bombed Islamists in Libya because they (Islamists) are seen as a threat to El Sisi's rule of Egypt and suppression of the Brotherhood. The UAE,Saudi and Kuwait support El Sisi because the sort of political Islam espoused by the Brotherhood is seen as a threat to the Autocratic Sheiks in these GCC countries. Since Qatar supports the Brotherhood, they put pressure on Qatar.

It is simply a case of the Emiratis moving against the Brotherhood and their allies because they pose a direct threat to Sheiks who run the Emirates. I do not believe the Emiratis would have moved against the Islamists in Libya or the Brotherhood if these entities were NOT perceived to be threats to UAE Sheiks. With the case of Jihadi/Al Qaeda and Taleban support and money laundering, the UAE allows it because the aforementioned groups are concerned elsewhere and not focusing on the UAE.
Old Dec 8th 2014, 2:10 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by River Euphrates
I still have to wonder if her ex husband or his new girlfriend had something to do with it.

http://diplomat.so/wp-content/upload...7698044946.jpg
and your name is Rick, with a silent 'P'
Old Dec 8th 2014, 5:23 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
They bombed Islamists in Libya because they (Islamists) are seen as a threat to El Sisi's rule of Egypt and suppression of the Brotherhood. The UAE,Saudi and Kuwait support El Sisi because the sort of political Islam espoused by the Brotherhood is seen as a threat to the Autocratic Sheiks in these GCC countries. Since Qatar supports the Brotherhood, they put pressure on Qatar.

It is simply a case of the Emiratis moving against the Brotherhood and their allies because they pose a direct threat to Sheiks who run the Emirates. I do not believe the Emiratis would have moved against the Islamists in Libya or the Brotherhood if these entities were NOT perceived to be threats to UAE Sheiks. With the case of Jihadi/Al Qaeda and Taleban support and money laundering, the UAE allows it because the aforementioned groups are concerned elsewhere and not focusing on the UAE.
Or perhaps it is just old fashioned greed?

I still think it is foolish and naive to believe that the UAE is safe because of money laundering activities by certain groups of people. The government here certainly do not think they are safe hence all the covert monitoring and secret operations happening all the time.
Old Dec 8th 2014, 5:50 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Sorry...

Arrest video is quite compelling. Just a great amount of editing effort etc to go to...for what? To convince people they're not just making up an arrest?
It wasn't a criticism
Old Dec 8th 2014, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

NewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to behold

The video is a joke.

I miss the "filmed by the NYU AD Film School".
Old Dec 8th 2014, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

still doesn't top the investigation/video by DubaiPD into the Hamas dude who got bumped off my Mossad's Federer and Nadal
Old Dec 8th 2014, 3:14 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by River Euphrates
When solving any crime the first question that must be asked is "who has the motive". I'd be willing to wager that her ex husband was required to send 65% of his paycheck to Dubai every month. That can get old fast
ok mate, ill play along, ive made the daily million anyway

so when compiling this list of suspects with motives, who do you think will be the first suspect? a husband living thousands of miles away who would stand out like a sore thumb if he came down here to make all the necessary connections to get to this crazy local lady, and then supposedly paid her to do the deed?

or

a crazy local lady who probably (atelast in my opinion) was not acting on her own initiative?

too many variables in the first scenario had to change at the right time to a constant for the husband to have had pull this off, so many infact that it becomes more of an impossibility rather than a suspect probability. Quiet frankly in my opinion is downright horrid to accuse someone who has lost someone that close without having any proof whatsoever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.