Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Shariah Law in the UK is "unavoidable"....

Shariah Law in the UK is "unavoidable"....

Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shariah Law in the UK is "unavoidable"....

Originally Posted by Eva
Come up to Windsor and show me your withered bits?
Only if you promise to be a merry wife.....
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
So funny......
I love fav stories and telling fav cases....crass I know.What was yours?
Favourite case?

Moses v London Borough of Barnet......... very profitable for me.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

the bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
it's not even C of E insanity...just the views of one archbishop who tends to go for news-grabbing policies as far as i recall...

i just don't see how it would be practical...as far as i'm concerned, i know that in the ME i have to abide by the laws here...so anyone in the uk needs to do likewise, whatever their religion...

MM, xx
so true, if people want to live in another country, they should embrace the laws and tradition's of that country, and if they don't want to embrace, an airport is alway's close at hand.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the bat
so true, if people want to live in another country, they should embrace the laws and tradition's of that country, and if they don't want to embrace, an airport is alway's close at hand.
laws need to be secular around the world these days!
This is not a Muslim country. The UK is not a Christian country.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the bat
Well, the AB has certainly caused a stir - there was a great deal of debate on question time last night about the issue. Of course, he has neither the influence nor the credibility to do more than make noises off - thanks to Locke the separation of church & state is an effective gulf in this country (although there remains a bias in the law to Christian values) and from that perspective enshrining Islamic principles in law would indeed be a retrogressive step. The reality is that the "society within a society" will remain, which is the very real issue that our well-intentioned friend was attempting to address - albeit with a suggestion that is as impractical as it is philosophically flawed. Quite how British society does adapt itself to its modern day make-up will, I'm sure, remain a source of constipation to hand-wringing liberals and consternation to those of a more retro persuasion...
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
laws need to be secular around the world these days!
This is not a Muslim country. The UK is not a Christian country.
I agree, beyond offering protection from persecution and the freedom to worship in a peaceful manner the Law should not touch religion with a barge pole....
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:23 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Only if you promise to be a merry wife.....

Aaaaaaaaaaaa! my allergy!!!Tried it once and didn't like it -the wife bit.
Always merry.

Organic societies congregate on the premise of 'common faith' ergo laws are intextricably linked with religion.

I am currently praying my mini-bar bill fom last night is wrong!

Your fault Medusa!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva

Your fault Medusa!
err...you're not even in the same country as me, so how could i be guilty, lmao...!!!!

MM, xx
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Aaaaaaaaaaaa! my allergy!!!Tried it once and didn't like it -the wife bit.
Always merry.

Organic societies congregate on the premise of 'common faith' ergo laws are intextricably linked with religion.

Your fault Medusa!
The extent of your hangover is evident in your typos, m'dear....

The Law is a blunt instrument, one of the Law Lords (even the honorifics are archaic, tee hee) when talking about family law claimed a time lapse of approx 50 years between changes in societal practice and mores and commensurate changes being enshrined by law (e.g. paternal access rights, gay marriage yada yada)...

Organic societies. Nice term... Was reading today that we are no longer striving to be a"multi-cultural" community and instead Community Cohesion is the goal. I am sure it will work, the Govmt has created an on-line toolkit...
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:43 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=shakh your bootie;5904061]The extent of your hangover is evident in your typos, m'dear....

Believe me my hangover is much worse that 2 typos.................erm-what's your excuse?

Hope the fruit was well squeezed last night in the shape of lotsa cuddles
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:44 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
err...you're not even in the same country as me, so how could i be guilty, lmao...!!!!

MM, xx
You work in mysterious ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:47 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Organic societies. Nice term... Was reading today that we are no longer striving to be a"multi-cultural" community and instead Community Cohesion is the goal. I am sure it will work, the Govmt has created an on-line toolkit...
Believe we are.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Eva;5904084]

Believe me my hangover is much worse that 2 typos.................erm-what's your excuse?

so the 36E's won't be quite so pert today then
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:54 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Inselaffen;5904110]
Originally Posted by Eva

so the 36E's won't be quite so pert today then

Always a good test Ins.............crashed out flat on your back after too much mini bar.Fine still towards North!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Eva;5904084]

At least I can use the quote function properly my dispraxic darling.....

The fruit was squeezed to a cuddle presse, thanks for asking. Don't offer further temptation for me to succumb to paternal pride and sing odes of praise to the progeny. Nothing so irritating as braying parents, of which there are far too many in this graveyard of ambition.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.