Shape Up in 2011

Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:14 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shape Up in 2011

Originally Posted by rowell
A little lifestyle reminder as the NEW Year Guilt Trip sets in

There are two women attached one is a 51 year old health Garu the other a TV Cook

She is a TV “health guru” advocating a holistic approach to nutrition and ill health, promoting exercise, a pescetarian diet high in organic fruits and vegetables. She recommends detox diets colonic irrigation and supplements, also making statements that yeast is harmful, that the colour of food is nutritionally significant, and about the utility of lingual and faecal examination.

She is a TV cook, who eats nothing but meat, butter and deserts.
I'd love to get my hands on Nigellas floury baps.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:15 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

I'm planning on losing weight next year. Step one will be joining the gym. Seeing as how Bodyworx Rimal seems to be on hold, I'll just bite the bullet for the time being and join the gym at Sofitel.

It's going to be around Dhs700 a month, but it's usually quiet and by the time you factor in taxis to the 'cheaper' Fitness First at Ibn Battuta, it's actually about Dhs100 cheaper a month if I end up going four times a week (which is what I'm planning).

Healthwise, I think it's just going to be being much more rigorous with planning what I eat. At the moment, I sort of leave it to chance and see what I have in. I think it may well be salads with light meats like tuna or chicken for lunch and proper meals for tea (rather than getting in, and instead of going the shop and buying stuff in, just ordering take away).

I think a combination of 20-30min gym visits four times a week, and a much healthier diet should do the trick. Nothing extreme. Just getting my life in order.

Plus I feel the healthier environment is conducive to it too. I'm not planning on dropping weight off stupidly fast, and I'm not out to become some muscle-manic. I'm just uncomfortable with being 5ft 8 and pushing 38-inch around the waist.

If I can hit 34-inches by the time it's getting hot again (say, June/July) and I go back to the UK for a shopping trip, I'll be more than happy.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:17 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
when I was seeingmy personal trainer and eating well I lost one kg a week for 10 weeks, so it's certainly doable.

You'll need to cut the booze out though.
yeah I am going to too many hidden calories, it is easier just to cut it out completely
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:18 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
my tuppence worth..

concentrate more on lifestyle rather than diet.
eating less, but sitting around on your arse all day may shed a few pounds but your heart is not getting the exercise it needs to remain healthy.

My goals: well i have an Ironman in April. That is why i have had to spend the christmas holidays (against my hungover body's will) swimming and running for 2-3 hours daily.

Im not a fan of multivits, although i appreciate that sometimes its hard to get all the correct vitimins in our everyday diet. (especially when my wife is away and im cooking pot noodles for 1)

Good luck everyone.

Point of note, i am 6ft 2 and 2 years ago topped at 100-101Kg. Im vary from 86-69KG and with my last push on the training expect to be 84KG by April.

I didnt get this loss by brunches, boozing and sitting around. It is through hard training.

My advice, join a group whether its cycling, swimming, weightlifting, running. whatever, group sessions are a lot better for motivation and a sense of long term "belonging"

good luck former fatties
yep, it's hard to push yourself - I have a personal trainer who hammers me, and I play 5 a side twice a week - I'm still overweight and a biggish lad, but I'd hate to think how big I'd be without the regular exercise I do.

I also walk from the top of satwa where I work to trade centre metro now after work, which is just the right sort of walkm, not too far and whack my ipod on and I'm there, I miss walking.
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
thanks I have been out and bought a load of veggies, fish and eggs etc, you are right it is not about diet but about lifestyle. Cutting down on carbs as well. I am planning to exercise more, the only way to get shot of the fat is to work it off Hope you have a great New Year x
You've got that gym place where you go to teh pool, why not do 30 mins of cardio before the pool?
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I'm planning on losing weight next year. Step one will be joining the gym. Seeing as how Bodyworx Rimal seems to be on hold, I'll just bite the bullet for the time being and join the gym at Sofitel.

It's going to be around Dhs700 a month, but it's usually quiet and by the time you factor in taxis to the 'cheaper' Fitness First at Ibn Battuta, it's actually about Dhs100 cheaper a month if I end up going four times a week (which is what I'm planning).

Healthwise, I think it's just going to be being much more rigorous with planning what I eat. At the moment, I sort of leave it to chance and see what I have in. I think it may well be salads with light meats like tuna or chicken for lunch and proper meals for tea (rather than getting in, and instead of going the shop and buying stuff in, just ordering take away).

I think a combination of 20-30min gym visits four times a week, and a much healthier diet should do the trick. Nothing extreme. Just getting my life in order.

Plus I feel the healthier environment is conducive to it too. I'm not planning on dropping weight off stupidly fast, and I'm not out to become some muscle-manic. I'm just uncomfortable with being 5ft 8 and pushing 38-inch around the waist.

If I can hit 34-inches by the time it's getting hot again (say, June/July) and I go back to the UK for a shopping trip, I'll be more than happy.
same here and I am 5ft 8 too! waist 36 at present
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:19 am
Concierge

You've got that gym place where you go to teh pool, why not do 30 mins of cardio before the pool?
can't get in anymore they keep asking for membership card and my mate moved out, got one in my building though so planning to use that
Old Dec 31st 2010, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
My plan is to see you down the trap bar for a massive session in week 6!

good luck - we have a reasonable amount of gym equipment at home. Last year, the plan was to buy it all - this year, I shall consider using it, next year I will use it.

you mustn't rush these things.
Sounds suspiciously familiar......
Old Dec 31st 2010, 11:50 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

10-12% is pretty good though isn;t it?
go big or go home as the yanks say
Old Dec 31st 2010, 1:53 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I'll eat what you don't.............

Seriously - which you clearly are - shouldn't "Measurable" refer to an amount of weight you intend to lose, not the time frame?

Still, I take your point about trouser sizes (although isn't that just a waist measurement?).

Me? I don't want to lose weight - I want to lose fat ............
The whole point about not saying anything about weight is that my primary goal is to lose fat, but at the same time build muscle. I'd be quite happy to stay the same weight, but get down to low-teens body fat. In fact my aspiration is a visible six-pack, because if I've got that then everything else will be in order (I like eating and weight training, so I'm never gonna be aneroxic).

And the ultimate goal is to come off my blood pressure and cholesterol medication, but--as I said--you never know how your body will react, so nobody can say for sure if that's achievable. If I do what I know is right for 18 weeks, then I'll have achieved something significant: the precise physical changes that will happen are not something I can control. And then I'll review and re-assess.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 2:44 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
........ by the way - why creatin?
Boosts energy levels for training, reduces recovery time.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 2:46 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I am in, will be following slimming world eating plan, as I find it easy to do and don't feel cheated of anything. Gym x 3 times a week, I have a personal trainer for first few weeks. I don't drink coffee but will be upping my water and cutting out alcohol for at least the first month. My aim is to drop at least 3 kg in the month of January. Writing this down makes me do it.
Go for it. Green tea (instead of coffee) is particularly beneficial pre-workout--aids fat metabolism, and has Vitamin C so protects from free radicals.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 2:48 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by rowell
A little lifestyle reminder as the NEW Year Guilt Trip sets in

There are two women attached one is a 51 year old health Garu the other a TV Cook

She is a TV “health guru” advocating a holistic approach to nutrition and ill health, promoting exercise, a pescetarian diet high in organic fruits and vegetables. She recommends detox diets colonic irrigation and supplements, also making statements that yeast is harmful, that the colour of food is nutritionally significant, and about the utility of lingual and faecal examination.

She is a TV cook, who eats nothing but meat, butter and deserts.
One's a nutter, the other is gorgeous to look at but I bet her liver is surrounded by as much fat as there is in one of her boobs.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 2:50 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by commander
my tuppence worth..

concentrate more on lifestyle rather than diet.
eating less, but sitting around on your arse all day may shed a few pounds but your heart is not getting the exercise it needs to remain healthy.

My goals: well i have an Ironman in April. That is why i have had to spend the christmas holidays (against my hungover body's will) swimming and running for 2-3 hours daily.

Im not a fan of multivits, although i appreciate that sometimes its hard to get all the correct vitimins in our everyday diet. (especially when my wife is away and im cooking pot noodles for 1)

Good luck everyone.

Point of note, i am 6ft 2 and 2 years ago topped at 100-101Kg. Im vary from 86-69KG and with my last push on the training expect to be 84KG by April.

I didnt get this loss by brunches, boozing and sitting around. It is through hard training.

My advice, join a group whether its cycling, swimming, weightlifting, running. whatever, group sessions are a lot better for motivation and a sense of long term "belonging"

good luck former fatties
Thanks for the encouragement. Are there any groups to join in AD? I can't run or cycle currently because of a knee injury.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 2:52 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Bahtatboy...looks like your account has been hacked mate
Yeah, some ugly bastard's put his photo there in place of mine. I'll have him, I tell you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.