Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

for the sake of the children...

for the sake of the children...

Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for the sake of the children...

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
it's having a revival, didn't you know...

MM, xx
And luckily I am prepared for it this time...I was underage in the 70s-80s...
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
And luckily I am prepared for it this time...I was underage in the 70s-80s...
watch out world, eh...

MM, xx
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

watch out world, eh...

MM, xx
Indeed...
I'm looking for someone who is an angel in the bedroom and a slut in the kitchen...
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed...
I'm looking for someone who is an angel in the bedroom and a slut in the kitchen...
eeuuww...you'll end up with salmonella if you're not careful...

MM, xx
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eeuuww...you'll end up with salmonella if you're not careful...

MM, xx
Small price price to pay for the shag of a lifetime...
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

let's hope for your sake that it is then...

MM, xx
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If only I was gay, I would come on to you and shag you...Bigtime and smalltime...
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

let's hope for your sake that it is then...

MM, xx
What???The salmonella or the shag???
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What???The salmonella or the shag???
the shag, muppet...

MM, xx
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the shag, muppet...

MM, xx
Oh baby...
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:23 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Your marriage is probably the marriage your kids will emulate. Are you setting a good example of how to behave? A question to anyone really!
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jmh
Your marriage is probably the marriage your kids will emulate. Are you setting a good example of how to behave? A question to anyone really!
but which is the good example in this question, i'm not convinced either is...?? do you want your kids to stay in a loveless marriage when they could go on and meet someone who is their perfect match, or do you want your kids to split up and leave their kids in a single parent family...

MM, xx
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:53 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

but which is the good example in this question, i'm not convinced either is...?? do you want your kids to stay in a loveless marriage when they could go on and meet someone who is their perfect match, or do you want your kids to split up and leave their kids in a single parent family...

MM, xx
That depends on your values. If you value happiness you would want your children to be happy, and if that meant leaving a loveless marriage fine. If you valued duty, then you would expect your children to stay in the marriage no matter how miserable they were.

The reason that I mentioned children is because often people will stay together for the sake of the children (the title of your thread), and not realise that the children are imprinting your unhappy marriage as normal, especially if they do not have a lot of alternative happy marriages to experience. They are not learning how a successful relationship works.

My own view is that if you truly think the children will suffer hardship you have to stay until they are old enough to be relatively independent. If you are staying because you want to keep the nice house, car, and lifestyle, then I would probably go. It wouldn't do the kids any harm to have to budget and do without the latest toy or fashionable clothes, and it might do them good to see mum take charge of her life.

Of course I don't have the full facts so I could have got that completely wrong!!
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jmh
That depends on your values. If you value happiness you would want your children to be happy, and if that meant leaving a loveless marriage fine. If you valued duty, then you would expect your children to stay in the marriage no matter how miserable they were.

The reason that I mentioned children is because often people will stay together for the sake of the children (the title of your thread), and not realise that the children are imprinting your unhappy marriage as normal, especially if they do not have a lot of alternative happy marriages to experience. They are not learning how a successful relationship works.

My own view is that if you truly think the children will suffer hardship you have to stay until they are old enough to be relatively independent. If you are staying because you want to keep the nice house, car, and lifestyle, then I would probably go. It wouldn't do the kids any harm to have to budget and do without the latest toy or fashionable clothes, and it might do them good to see mum take charge of her life.

Of course I don't have the full facts so I could have got that completely wrong!!
If I'm a kid, I'd rather have 2 parents then be limboing from one to the other...
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:58 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

If I'm a kid, I'd rather have 2 parents then be limboing from one to the other...
Couldn't agree more. Many parents sacrifice a lot to keep the family together but is can be a desperately miserable existence for some.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.