British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   for the sake of the children... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/sake-children-599011/)

Madam Medusa Mar 21st 2009 3:33 pm

for the sake of the children...

...is it better to stay in a loveless/sexless marriage...or leave and try to keep things amicable...?

MM, xx

Confucius Mar 21st 2009 3:34 pm

Re: for the sake of the children...

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7404431)
...is it better to stay in a loveless/sexless marriage...or leave and try to keep things amicable...?

MM, xx

Depends...Is it a woman asking or a man asking???

Madam Medusa Mar 21st 2009 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7404438)
Depends...Is it a woman asking or a man asking???

i don't follow...??

MM, xx

Confucius Mar 21st 2009 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7404444)
i don't follow...??

MM, xx

Who is the person wanting to stay for the sake of the children? The man or the woman???

Blue Cat Mar 21st 2009 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7404431)

MM, xx

the latter MM, for sure.

Madam Medusa Mar 21st 2009 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7404447)
Who is the person wanting to stay for the sake of the children? The man or the woman???

oh, i'm asking in general what you would do...same applies for both men or women i guess...

MM, xx

Confucius Mar 21st 2009 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7404448)
the latter MM, for sure.

Well...Others prefer to sleep around and be merry...As judgemental as my comment may seem...

Blue Cat Mar 21st 2009 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7404451)
Well...Others prefer to sleep around and be merry...As judgemental as my comment may seem...

no point in doing that, if my marriage wasn't working out then we would discuss things and then move on amicably for the sake of our daughter. Messing around doesn't solve anything. End it, move on.

Confucius Mar 21st 2009 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7404450)
oh, i'm asking in general what you would do...same applies for both men or women i guess...

MM, xx

Each relationship has it's own intricacies and it's own set of inner balance...
I know I'm not very helpful in this comment, but, one should delve deeper and get more information about the dynamics of a particular couple to judge accordingly...
Not all couples are the same...

Madam Medusa Mar 21st 2009 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7404448)
the latter MM, for sure.

well that's what i think, but i'm watching mistresses and this one couple haven't had sex for 18 months, so she's out shagging everyone and anyone...then when they are both at home, it's like the big unspoken secret, which they both hate, so they both tiptoe round each other, i just can't imagine living like that and just wondered whether it really is the best option...

MM, xx

Confucius Mar 21st 2009 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7404455)
no point in doing that, if my marriage wasn't working out then we would discuss things and then move on amicably for the sake of our daughter. Messing around doesn't solve anything. End it, move on.

There you go...There is no one universal answer...Each person is different...

Blue Cat Mar 21st 2009 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7404458)
well that's what i think, but i'm watching mistresses and this one couple haven't had sex for 18 months, so she's out shagging everyone and anyone...then when they are both at home, it's like the big unspoken secret, which they both hate, so they both tiptoe round each other, i just can't imagine living like that and just wondered whether it really is the best option...

MM, xx

well for me I would just end it and move on, but everyone is different. You reminded me to download Mistresses :thumbup:

Confucius Mar 21st 2009 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7404458)

MM, xx

The Emanuelle lifestyle was big in late 70s early 80s...

Confucius Mar 21st 2009 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7404460)
well for me I would just end it and move on, but everyone is different. You reminded me to download Mistresses :thumbup:

Is there an arabic version???

Madam Medusa Mar 21st 2009 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7404461)
The Emanuelle lifestyle was big in late 70s early 80s...

it's having a revival, didn't you know...

MM, xx