Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Sad accident, but I don't get one thing.

Sad accident, but I don't get one thing.

Old Mar 9th 2016, 3:53 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sad accident, but I don't get one thing.

More gruesome detail in other reports. Male in driving seat, taken to hospital but died, male in between seats thrown 200 metres, both females in passenger seat, one thrown 150 metres, the other hit a lamppost and was ripped in half.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 12:01 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
More gruesome detail in other reports. Male in driving seat, taken to hospital but died, male in between seats thrown 200 metres, both females in passenger seat, one thrown 150 metres, the other hit a lamppost and was ripped in half.
It was was never going to be pretty.

I passed a wreck nine years ago just moments after it had happened (no emergency services had arrived, though a passing nurse had already stopped) and the image is still burned into my memory. Someone had driven a small passenger van, a Chevy Astro, under an artic trailer. The driver had decapitated himself as his side was furtherest under, his wife in the passenger seat had her head trapped in the door window frame because the A pillar had been pushed almost all the way back to the B pillar - her face was trapped and squashed from the sides, and I assumed she was dead or dying, though she did survive.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Video on social media now from very soon after the crash. Looks like building security using handheld extinguishers to put out the flames, can hear civil defence sirens but no sign of them. Civilians carry the boxer out of the remains and think about CPR but waste of time.