Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Oh No!!! They've killed Netflix

Oh No!!! They've killed Netflix

Old Mar 8th 2016, 11:35 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oh No!!! They've killed Netflix

I know its not just me as a number of my friends are experiencing the same thing.

Netflix UK and US now detects VeePeeNs and Ghost DNS addresses and won't play.

How will I survive without House of Cards.
Old Mar 8th 2016, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh No!!! They've killed Netflix

just a suggestion, but why not sign up for Netflix UAE... I'm 9.99 USD a month, and I get it on 2 devices at the same time. House of Cards was added last week...
Old Mar 8th 2016, 1:06 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I miss the days when we only had 1 TV channel and no internet and no mobiles.
We only got movies on tape (VHS) and my dad had to watch them the night before to make sure they were clean for us.
I remember going to a drive-in cinema and watching films in our car.
Heres a brilliant business idea, why dont I open a drive-in cinema?? answer, because 8 months of the year no one would come to watch the movies
Well the customers can leave their car ACs on and we do a bluetooth connectivity thing for sound etc but I doubt its really that 'green' to leave the car running for 2-3 hours in one go. Ok Im rambling, I need to get dehydrated soon!
Old Mar 8th 2016, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I miss the days when we only had 1 TV channel and no internet and no mobiles.
We only got movies on tape (VHS) and my dad had to watch them the night before to make sure they were clean for us.
I remember going to a drive-in cinema and watching films in our car.
Heres a brilliant business idea, why dont I open a drive-in cinema?? answer, because 8 months of the year no one would come to watch the movies
Well the customers can leave their car ACs on and we do a bluetooth connectivity thing for sound etc but I doubt its really that 'green' to leave the car running for 2-3 hours in one go. Ok Im rambling, I need to get dehydrated soon!

Wow you are showing your age! I'm also sure someone out there has or is making a device where you can stream movies onto the dvd players in the cars, therefore not needing to do to a drive through cinema. Although I'm not quite sure why a sofa doesn't suffice
Old Mar 8th 2016, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
I know its not just me as a number of my friends are experiencing the same thing.

Netflix UK and US now detects VeePeeNs and Ghost DNS addresses and won't play.

How will I survive without House of Cards.
Netflix said they were going to crack down on VPN and DNS.

Don't worry, for every fix, there is a work-around. Give it a week or so.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 4:04 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

Don't worry, for every fix, there is a work-around. Give it a week or so.
this.

go to the winchester have a pint and wait a month.

there will be inumerable solution soon
Old Mar 9th 2016, 6:48 am

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rubydo
Wow you are showing your age! I'm also sure someone out there has or is making a device where you can stream movies onto the dvd players in the cars, therefore not needing to do to a drive through cinema. Although I'm not quite sure why a sofa doesn't suffice
You obviously havent been to a drive-in cinema my dear. It was the shinzzle!
Neway, its raining and im stuck at work
I want to go to the beach and just get drenched but traffic is going to be HORRENDOUS today so please pack all you swear words and middle fingers carefully!
Old Mar 9th 2016, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously havent been to a drive-in cinema my dear. It was the shinzzle!
Neway, its raining and im stuck at work
I want to go to the beach and just get drenched but traffic is going to be HORRENDOUS today so please pack all you swear words and middle fingers carefully!
Nope I can honestly say I have never been to a drive in cinema.
Enjoy work n then the horrendous drive home but be careful it brings out idiots!
Old Mar 9th 2016, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Rubydo
Nope I can honestly say I have never been to a drive in cinema.
Enjoy work n then the horrendous drive home but be careful it brings out idiots!
Thats not the rain that does that, its a geographical thing
Old Mar 9th 2016, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Thats not the rain that does that, its a geographical thing
Yes that's very true but the weather seems to bring it out more too
Old Mar 9th 2016, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

UK Netflix still works for me
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:18 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Rubydo, wanna netflix and chill tonight?

Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iggle
Rubydo, wanna netflix and chill tonight?

I'd be shit company as last night I netflix'd and ....... Fell asleep! 😳
And yup my Netflix still works too
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:59 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flood2
UK Netflix still works for me
US Netflix works for me as of today. I am getting a message from time to time locking it down which says I am using VPN or whatever, but a simple reboot of my amazon box unlocks it again.