Ryder Cup

Old Sep 26th 2012, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryder Cup

Originally Posted by The Dean
Ah - not the Ryder Cup at all then, which has been won by Europe on six of the last eight times it has been played.

What is the President's Cup, anyway???
Same as Ryder except USA versus everyone apart from europe.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 9:32 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Same as Ryder except USA versus everyone apart from europe.

So what relevance is that to a thread about the Ryder cup?
Old Sep 26th 2012, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
So what relevance is that to a thread about the Ryder cup?
Go read post no.5 and post no.6 of the thread and things will become clearer.

According to the BBC, and GMac, it looks as though the first pairings are going to be Luke Donald and Lee Westwood, Ian Poulter and Justin Rose, Rory McIlroy and Graeme McDowell, and Paul Lawrie and Sergio Garcia.

I like the first three, not so sure about the 4th, in that I'd switch out Garcia for Cosaerts or Molinari. I fancy Paul Lawrie to be bagging a few points, on career best form and has been totally focused on getting into the team for the last 2 years.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 10:17 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Go read post no.5 and post no.6 of the thread and things will become clearer.

According to the BBC, and GMac, it looks as though the first pairings are going to be Luke Donald and Lee Westwood, Ian Poulter and Justin Rose, Rory McIlroy and Graeme McDowell, and Paul Lawrie and Sergio Garcia.

I like the first three, not so sure about the 4th, in that I'd switch out Garcia for Cosaerts or Molinari. I fancy Paul Lawrie to be bagging a few points, on career best form and has been totally focused on getting into the team for the last 2 years.

Meh, I didn't see Bob had quoted the presidents cup message.............

Let the yanks win that one its as popular as Syphilis in a whore house.

Rory McIlroy and McDowell will be a great pairing.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 5:29 am
Banned

K Gun is an unknown quantity at this point

The USA is favored and if you look at the lineups it's easy to see why.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K Gun
The USA is favored and if you look at the lineups it's easy to see why.
No I don't see that - why? Europe has had the world's best players for several years now - look at how many US players have been in the top ten rankings over the last 2-3 years - then count the Europeans.......... far more Europeans.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 7:41 am
Shark Fisherman

No I don't see that - why? Europe has had the world's best players for several years now - look at how many US players have been in the top ten rankings over the last 2-3 years - then count the Europeans.......... far more Europeans.
Absolutely. I am feeling very confident this year (For the 1st time) which probably means we will lose
Old Sep 27th 2012, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely. I am feeling very confident this year (For the 1st time) which probably means we will lose
Likewise very confident this year. Europe has a stronger line-up, arguably the most strength and depth in many a Ryder Cup. While both sides will be playing down their chances, and claiming to to be the underdogs, I don't think that's a tag that sits well with or suits the Americans psychology.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 11:24 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

It's heating up....

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/...-2012092742775
Old Sep 27th 2012, 1:45 pm
Banned

Europe 13/10
USA 2/3

All the late or smart money is pouring in on the Yanks.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 2:01 pm
Shark Fisherman

Europe 13/10
USA 2/3

All the late or smart money is pouring in on the Yanks.
I think Europe are Value at that. Just checked, You can get 2.9 on Betfair
Old Sep 27th 2012, 2:08 pm
Banned

Careful, the odds makers know what they are doing.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 2:09 pm
Shark Fisherman

Careful, the odds makers know what they are doing.
Also depends on where the money is going. If the yanks are going berserk on themselves, It was betfair US I looked at.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 2:15 pm
Banned

Also depends on where the money is going. If the yanks are going berserk on themselves
This is a relatively minor event in the states and very little money is wagered on it there. I think the odds are right where they should be
Old Sep 28th 2012, 1:18 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The US win it 'all the time'?? Er, no they don't - not even at home.......
The Presidents Cup? Sure they do, they've only lost that once I think it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.