Wikiposts

Rent Renewal

Old Nov 15th 2012, 2:43 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rent Renewal

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
No, your LL MUST give you 1 years notice to quit if he wants to sell the property. If they want a quick sell and you don't mind leaving then maybe you can negotiate him paying you a years rent + removal expenses.
Boot on the other foot type question. Friends are LL and were selling, expecting the new owners to be content with tenants who were 3 months into a new contract. Anyway sale came quickly but new owner wants tenants out. Tenants agreed for rent refund plus compo and signed to that effect. So seller and buyer sign off the MOU on that basis. Now the tenants say they're not moving out in January, as agreed. Job for RERA?
Old Nov 16th 2012, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Boot on the other foot type question. Friends are LL and were selling, expecting the new owners to be content with tenants who were 3 months into a new contract. Anyway sale came quickly but new owner wants tenants out. Tenants agreed for rent refund plus compo and signed to that effect. So seller and buyer sign off the MOU on that basis. Now the tenants say they're not moving out in January, as agreed. Job for RERA?
If the tenants signed an agreement saying that they would leave then that is binding. They won't win an appeal.

http://www.dubailand.gov.ae/english/...landlords.aspx

"For example, if a tenant is occupying a property on a lease for 120,000 p.a and there is 9 months to complete the tenancy, then the tenant would have to be given 3 months notice prior to the end of their lease to vacate. This would mean that the tenant not only goes through the stress and expense of relocation, but also must take on a new lease in another property anyway gaining nothing other than knowing they can stay for 9 months to the end of their lease. The new Owner would automatically give the required 3 months notice as the new Landlord. If, during a negotiation, a tenant was offered 80,000 to relocate, this would be appealing for a tenant as they would have their new lease potentially subsidized (being offset by up to say 80,000 AED compensation), the cost could be split between the new Owner and the Seller. "
Old Nov 16th 2012, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Scamp, I was a few years older than you when I first came to Dubai but I never hesitated to find a villa share. It was great. There were four of us in a decent villa in Umm Suqeim. We respected each others' privacy and were quiet during the week and actually rarely saw each other Sunday-Wednesday, and on the weekends we had barbecue parties or went out together. I did this for two years and paid my rent monthly which A) allowed me to avoid having a lease in my name and B) allowed me to save a great deal of money as I never had to take out a loan for anything. When the time came for me to move into my own flat I had no problems forking over the rent in two cheques as I had plenty of savings.

I'm sure it will be a pain to move into a villa/flat share but you're young enough and you have a girlfriend with her own flat, so you'd only be using the place as somewhere to crash every night during the week. The bigger and older villas have enormous bedrooms that can be fitted out quasi-studio style. It won't have the glamour or satisfaction of having your own flat but if you're looking at establishing long term economic security you need to suffer a few inconveniences for a while. This is true not just in Dubai but in the UK too. When I was younger and poorer I was very frugal but the end result is that I was eventually able to buy a flat in London. Hint, it's easier to be frugal when you're younger than it is when you start hitting 30.
However............. It is illegal to villa share
Old Nov 17th 2012, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Seeing as the thread is already derailed, could I jump in with my lazy question?

What's a decent 3B villa with a pool in either Dubai or Abu Dhabi going to cost (per month).
3b villa with pool in abu well that will be on a compound 180 sas al nakheel or a 5 bed on al reef for 160
Old Nov 17th 2012, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
However............. It is illegal to villa share
but in dubai it happens a lot... not so much in abu.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 1:31 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ditzy
mikewot, i know someone who will be receiving their one bed (ground floor/garden) in december, they will be renting it for about 40k but it's in JVC
Hi, rumour on our side of the Al Khail is that the JVC property handovers have all been delayed a year because of 'DEWA connection' problems. Maybe I'm being cynical (of course DEWA couldn't plan for this massive new estate) but there are a large number of villa estates newly built and empty (Jumeirah Park for example), trying to pump prices up rather than flood the market?
Old Nov 17th 2012, 1:37 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Hi, rumour on our side of the Al Khail is that the JVC property handovers have all been delayed a year because of 'DEWA connection' problems. Maybe I'm being cynical (of course DEWA couldn't plan for this massive new estate) but there are a large number of villa estates newly built and empty (Jumeirah Park for example), trying to pump prices up rather than flood the market?
No idea. It might be worth asking on Skyscrapercity forums. They'll have a much better idea.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 1:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
It might be worth asking on Skyscrapercity forums. They'll have a much better idea.
Hadn't seen that site, interesting :-) Thanks.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

All sorted. Forgot to mention.

Gave the landlord a cheque for 65,000 dizzee rascals a week ago. He's happy, I'm happy, it's sorted.

To celebrate I was taken to Ikea and given the most terrific job of pushing the trolley and was even allowed to pick curtains (from a choice of one).

THEN THE BEST BIT: I paid for the ****ing lot.

Scampstillhasanincredibleapartment.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp

Gave the landlord a cheque for 65,000 dizzee rascals a week ago. He's happy, I'm happy, it's sorted.

To celebrate I was taken to Ikea and given the most terrific job of pushing the trolley and was even allowed to pick curtains (from a choice of one).

Good news, glad it worked out for you darling xxx
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:52 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Well done
Old Nov 25th 2012, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

who bailed you out?

isn't it the same apartment? did you not have curtains before? or are you like Ethos who never had any and would walk around naked in some twisted fetish.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 11:35 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
who bailed you out?

isn't it the same apartment? did you not have curtains before? or are you like Ethos who never had any and would walk around naked in some twisted fetish.
Did you have to post that? I feel the need to bleach my eyes and brain now.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 2:18 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

The windows were tinted.

I was too high up for anyone to see into the apartment from the ground.

There were no other buildings in close proximity. The nearest high rises that could possibly look directly into my flat were in TECOM, quite some distance away. I had the entire Greens in between.

I didn't walk around naked. It was having sex without the need to draw any curtains.

Last but not least I'm in better shape that any of you except perhaps Commander. If someone did spy me naked there's no horrors to be seen.

Originally Posted by Millhouse
who bailed you out?

Old Nov 26th 2012, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Want a race?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.