Recommend me a bar

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:01 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommend me a bar

Originally Posted by Spugsy
head up satwa to jumeirah and get yourself into Loca at dubai marine resort.

Quality bar, footy on tv, great selection of beers and damn good food.
Seen the Marina Beach Resort advertised where exactly is it?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:04 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Seen the Marina Beach Resort advertised where exactly is it?
its Marine Beach Resort...
Beach Road, opposite the One and the Grand Mosque...where Boudoir is, surely you must know that one...
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:11 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
its Marine Beach Resort...
Beach Road, opposite the One and the Grand Mosque...where Boudoir is, surely you must know that one...
No I don't, never been but will give it ago, thanks MH
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:44 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
No I don't, never been but will give it ago, thanks MH
yep opposite the big mosqie and spinneys, easy to find and a really cool little hidden away place.

There's a nice beach bar as well open til about 8.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 10:29 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Well back in the republic and I have to say a rather underwhelming trip to Dubai.

Tried out a few spots but the hedonism I remember is severely reduced in scale, if I can recommend one place not to go to its that Harvester Bar in Crowne Plaza. Unless you like a bulgarian saxophone player/singer murdering the classics, its not for you. Uncaracteristically turned down a mid 40's lady which describes the mood I was in.

Rounded out a bad trip with a drinking session which ended 4 hours before my flight, so needless to say my humour for flights back to Sana'a was low. Qatari first class terminal was a nice calming influence though.

Anyhow I will accept comedy replies and commiserations
Old Feb 5th 2011, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
Well back in the republic and I have to say a rather underwhelming trip to Dubai.

Tried out a few spots but the hedonism I remember is severely reduced in scale, if I can recommend one place not to go to its that Harvester Bar in Crowne Plaza. Unless you like a bulgarian saxophone player/singer murdering the classics, its not for you. Uncaracteristically turned down a mid 40's lady which describes the mood I was in.

Rounded out a bad trip with a drinking session which ended 4 hours before my flight, so needless to say my humour for flights back to Sana'a was low. Qatari first class terminal was a nice calming influence though.

Anyhow I will accept comedy replies and commiserations
If I know Harvester, that mid-40s lady was a prostitute............ it's a dreadful place.

Not sure why Spugsy is so anti-Longs - not the best by any means but there's usually a good business-and-sport mix...........

And well done on avoiding Barasti - the last (ever) two times I was there, footy fans broke into a fight............ worse than Fibber McGee's (which by the way is walkable from Harvester, and would have been a better bet).
Old Feb 5th 2011, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
If I know Harvester, that mid-40s lady was a prostitute...........
really? wow she struck me as either a woman on some kind of business trip or terrible holiday gone wrong.
I had considered letting her pay me for sex, but the other way round hmm is there some sort of niche market for mumsy/dowdy/left on the shelf type hookers?
curiouser and curiouser...
Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

If I know Harvester, that mid-40s lady was a prostitute............ it's a dreadful place.

Not sure why Spugsy is so anti-Longs - not the best by any means but there's usually a good business-and-sport mix...........

And well done on avoiding Barasti - the last (ever) two times I was there, footy fans broke into a fight............ worse than Fibber McGee's (which by the way is walkable from Harvester, and would have been a better bet).
Nothing wrong with Longs , pretty cheap beer , good sport and a decent bar meal....

Barasti.....everything that's wrong about Dubai you can find in there....it's a Wankers Flytrap...was a good bar until they extended it .

Anyone remember the Cyclone ?
Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, don't be hating Barasti. It is a great place for a chill drink with your friends from the afternoon to early evening.

The mood does change after nine, admittedly so, when the night crowd comes in. But I'm usually gone by then.

All in all, Barasti is a place where all expats pass through every now and then and its always a mix of people in there, moreso than at any pub or club in the UK. I prefer it to the sad bars in the Sheikh Zayed hotels.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:09 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Only been to Longs once, thought it was dreadful.

And spent from 2- 10pm last week at Barasti, and also this Friday night - band were great, loads of people drunk, happy and having fun - not sure why people slag it off so much, it's a good bar.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:10 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Hey, don't be hating Barasti. It is a great place for a chill drink with your friends from the afternoon to early evening.

The mood does change after nine, admittedly so, when the night crowd comes in. But I'm usually gone by then.

All in all, Barasti is a place where all expats pass through every now and then and its always a mix of people in there, moreso than at any pub or club in the UK. I prefer it to the sad bars in the Sheikh Zayed hotels.
Yup it's a decent place.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83

Iv had the odd decent afternoon in there but that's about it , also i hate paying for beer that i have to drink from plastic glasses , especially when they don't wash them right and they stink like an outside bog.

It might be a lot better now , last time i was there was September and it was really quiet.

As i said the Bar was better before the extension , when it got bigger it turned into Twat central but now that there's been a cull it might be ok again.