British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Recommend me a bar (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/recommend-me-bar-703217/)

weasel central Feb 1st 2011 4:43 am

Recommend me a bar

Back in Dubai tonight for the first time in a while, I'll be staying close to the trade centre.
Suggestions for a Wednesday night food and drink evening(casual) close to the area,
and a Thursday night full on the lash session.

I don't fancy the Irish Village thats about my only requirement, just a good lively bar.

MataHari Feb 1st 2011 4:49 am

Re: Recommend me a bar

you seem a Barasti type of guy to me...

Blue Cat Feb 1st 2011 5:26 am

Originally Posted by weasel central (Post 9143055)
Back in Dubai tonight for the first time in a while, I'll be staying close to the trade centre.
Suggestions for a Wednesday night food and drink evening(casual) close to the area,

I don't fancy the Irish Village thats about my only requirement, just a good lively bar.

Boston Bar in the Jumeirah Rotana, Al Diyafah Street :)

Madam Medusa Feb 1st 2011 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9143119)
Boston Bar in the Jumeirah Rotana, Al Diyafah Street :)

does anyone actually go to the boston bar now...i don't ever hear anything about it...

loca at dubai marine and beach resort is really good and will be busy on a thursday...it has fab mexican food as well...

MM, xx

weasel central Feb 1st 2011 5:52 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 9143059)
you seem a Barasti type of guy to me...

whats a barasti type of guy?:confused:

Blue Cat Feb 1st 2011 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9143160)
does anyone actually go to the boston bar now...i don't ever hear anything about it...

loca at dubai marine and beach resort is really good and will be busy on a thursday...it has fab mexican food as well...

MM, xx

yeah it's still pretty busy, popular in that area. Billy Blues and Cactus Cantina are quiet these days. He could try Ozzie Legends

co durham boy Feb 1st 2011 6:28 am

Originally Posted by weasel central (Post 9143171)
whats a barasti type of guy?:confused:

A 22 yr old senior buisiness development manager or recruiter who stands at the bar and talks about how much money he's earning and how Dubai's going to rocket in Q2....

Basically a twat...

co durham boy Feb 1st 2011 6:31 am

Wednesday - Longs Bar / Towers Rotana - Busy Casual bar

Thursday - Souk Al bahar / Old Town - everything you need in one place

MataHari Feb 1st 2011 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9143209)
yeah it's still pretty busy, popular in that area. Billy Blues and Cactus Cantina are quiet these days. He could try Ozzie Legends

hahahahaha...ozzie legends...nice one.

Millhouse Feb 1st 2011 6:37 am

weasel - I think you will be at home in the York.

Jim Smith Feb 1st 2011 7:19 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 9143268)
weasel - I think you will be at home in the York.

Maybe he doesn't need his pole polished!!!!!!!!!

weasel central Feb 1st 2011 7:37 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9143257)
A 22 yr old senior buisiness development manager or recruiter who stands at the bar and talks about how much money he's earning and how Dubai's going to rocket in Q2....

Basically a twat...

aha thanks I had a feeling it wasn't a good thing :)

well i don't fit that profile fortunately.

Ethos83 Feb 1st 2011 7:41 am

Every bar in Dubai has its pretentious twats.

Barasti is ok. Good if you want to sit around outdoors with views of the sea and Palm and skimpily dressed girls. In its own way it's less pretentious than many of the fancier hotel bars.

If you only want a quiet place to drink then consider Belgian Beer in Tecom. The rooftop terrace isn't half bad and the choice of beer is excellent. They do regular happy hour specials.

Originally Posted by weasel central (Post 9143339)
aha thanks I had a feeling it wasn't a good thing :)

well i don't fit that profile fortunately.

weasel central Feb 1st 2011 7:43 am

Well looks like I am being steered to either bars full of suit type idiots talking a big game.
Stripper/hooker hangouts.
has anyone suggested a gay bar yet :p

I might just have to wing it but I am thinking the old town is best, plus I am not on some kind of pulling mission. :thumbup:

Blue Cat Feb 1st 2011 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9143349)
Every bar in Dubai has its pretentious twats.

Barasti is ok. Good if you want to sit around outdoors with views of the sea and Palm and skimpily dressed girls. In its own way it's less pretentious than many of the fancier hotel bars.

If you only want a quiet place to drink then consider Belgian Beer in Tecom. The rooftop terrace isn't half bad and the choice of beer is excellent. They do regular happy hour specials.

he is staying in Satwa, why come all that way out of town?