Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

predictions for tonights game

predictions for tonights game

Old Jun 24th 2010, 5:46 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: predictions for tonights game

Originally Posted by lionheart
Great atmosphere at Irish Village. Clever idea having terraces as it made you feel you were actually at the match. Plenty of singing and chanting...and some nail-biting towards the end, but England deserved their victory. Should have scored 2-3 more. Bring on the Germans, perhaps.
We must have been watching different matches last night.. Deserved victory??

Ah well, I actually had England placing 2nd and meeting Germany in the last 16, so at least I am better off.....

Convincing 1-0 thrashing.... The only true part of that statement is the 1-0 bit,,,
Old Jun 24th 2010, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
We must have been watching different matches last night.. Deserved victory??

Convincing 1-0 thrashing.... The only true part of that statement is the 1-0 bit,,,
Aw bless!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 6:35 am
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Great atmosphere at Irish Village. Clever idea having terraces as it made you feel you were actually at the match. Plenty of singing and chanting...and some nail-biting towards the end, but England deserved their victory. Should have scored 2-3 more. Bring on the Germans, perhaps.
I was in Paddy village and thought the atmosphere was a bit flat to be honest. It will be better on sunday tho, unlucky for me I am heading to Jeddah again today grrr.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 6:54 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glynster
I was in Paddy village and thought the atmosphere was a bit flat to be honest. It will be better on sunday tho, unlucky for me I am heading to Jeddah again today grrr.
What? Were you not in the big tent when we scored and at the final whistle? Yes, it was tense much of the time but that was to be expected. As for our Scottish friends implying that we didn't deserve to win, that's just nonsense. We had more than 60% possession and many more clear-cut chances than them. Other than some action near the end, Slovenia were restricted to 30 yard shots which DJ claimed comfortably. We also had a good goal disallowed, Rooney hit the post and Defoe missed a sitter. Come on!
p.s. but we will still lose to the Germans.

Last edited by lionheart; Jun 24th 2010 at 7:00 am.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 7:11 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

What? Were you not in the big tent when we scored and at the final whistle? Yes, it was tense much of the time but that was to be expected. As for our Scottish friends implying that we didn't deserve to win, that's just nonsense. We had more than 60% possession and many more clear-cut chances than them. Other than some action near the end, Slovenia were restricted to 30 yard shots which DJ claimed comfortably. We also had a good goal disallowed, Rooney hit the post and Defoe missed a sitter. Come on!
p.s. but we will still lose to the Germans.
Ive got nothing wrong with you winning, I AM saying that you did not deserve to qualify....
Old Jun 24th 2010, 7:57 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Ive got nothing wrong with you winning, I AM saying that you did not deserve to qualify....
How so? We got 5 points, Slovenia and Algeria got less. The performances are immaterial.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:03 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

If it hadn't been for one moment of utter madness by Robert Green, we would have finished comfortably top of our group and likely to reach the QF's, where only Uruguay would have stood in our way.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

The last 15 minutes or so i thought England started to be sloppy again,
may be a fitness thing or maybe they were too cocky !!! who knows.
I think they will be lucky if they beat Germany at the weekend.

But who knows stranger things have happened before!!!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:17 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coffindodger
The last 15 minutes or so i thought England started to be sloppy again,
may be a fitness thing or maybe they were too cocky !!! who knows.
I think they will be lucky if they beat Germany at the weekend.

But who knows stranger things have happened before!!!
It was nerves, I think. John Terry was immense, though, and Upson made a fantastic tackle at the end.

I think we stand a chance against the Germans. They don't look too good defensively and will play a much more open game than other teams we've faced. But if we get past them I can't see us beating Argentina. We ballsed up the route to the final. I'd say we deserved to qualify, but we didn't earn the right to the easier route by winning the group.