Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Sep 3rd 2011, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

BinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Thanks for all the Hello's and Welcomes
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
great mantra! You're either very cool or a complete twat- im undecided as yet
your 2nd guess is the right 1 darling!
Old Sep 11th 2011, 12:02 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

ooh so many introduction threads..

erm Hi....
Old Sep 11th 2011, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

dagryn is a jewel in the roughdagryn is a jewel in the roughdagryn is a jewel in the roughdagryn is a jewel in the rough

i am totally new to this site & would love for someone to explain to me how it work as i am confused
Old Sep 11th 2011, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

dagryn is a jewel in the roughdagryn is a jewel in the roughdagryn is a jewel in the roughdagryn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Poshy
ooh so many introduction threads..

erm Hi....
pressed the wrong button - all new to me - totally confused as to how this all works - would love it if u can shed some light
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:05 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

Just go with it and click every button to see what it does, these forums are easy once you get used to them,
if you get anything wrong we can all point and laugh at you then
you learn from your mistakes...*shrug* dont worry
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:10 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dagryn
pressed the wrong button - all new to me - totally confused as to how this all works - would love it if u can shed some light
We've been here for ever. You think we know?

Welcome! Apart from that, all I know is jump in and enjoy.

OK, maybe this might help: Its the same as those rules you get taught in kindergarten (which are, basically, all you need to know in life--the rest is just refinement of the basic principles):
  • Share everything.
  • Play fair.
  • Don't hit people.
  • Put things back where you found them.
  • Clean up your own mess.
  • Don't take things that aren't yours.
  • Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
  • Wash your hands before you eat.
  • Flush.
  • Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
  • Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
  • Take a nap every afternoon.
  • When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
  • Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
  • Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
  • And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.

With thanks and credit to Robert Fulghum
Old Sep 11th 2011, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go Dagryn. lol Oh I am a comic genius

(thats me shedding some light btw)

Anyway welcome, basically the more you give the more you get back, be open, make banter and give as good as you get it the general rule. AND start the odd fight every now and again as thats entertaining :-) If you can't think of anything deep and meaningful to say then just write bollox- but try and make it funny

And don't run away if someone is mean! stand up for yourself- its mostly said in jest! and laugh at my jokes.... and post pictures of hot men in pants every so often
Old Sep 11th 2011, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

greg ross is an unknown quantity at this point

i see kitty is throwing hints for tight pants lol, you go girl
Old Sep 11th 2011, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Bahtatboy! Do you hum in the same tune as your fridge?

(i hum in the same tone as an RB211 - noisy, polluting and prone to the odd unexplained explosion!)

Umm, sorry-if you haven't read the books, then this is all wobblers.....
Old Sep 11th 2011, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

LivelyLady is a jewel in the roughLivelyLady is a jewel in the roughLivelyLady is a jewel in the roughLivelyLady is a jewel in the roughLivelyLady is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,
Just about to move to Riyadh for the 1st time in the ME, am really looking forward to all new challenges and total change of life.

I will be teaching in the Princess Nora uni, anyone have any knowledge or views, I would like to know. Does anyone belong to Toastmasters International?

Counting the days......

Regards
Linda
Old Sep 14th 2011, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

Hello everybody.

Back in Riyadh after my 2 month stint earlier in the year. Finally got round to signing up for this site. I'm here as a tutor.

S
Old Sep 18th 2011, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

SSBOTS is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Hi all,

This is my first time on any forum so go easy on me My hubby has just been offered a job in Abu Dhabi and we are looking at moving with our 4 children (17, 14, 9 & 6) & maybe our dog (a labradoodle) in the next few months.

Since we found out last Thursday I am in a complete panic about the usual things house, schools, car, where to live, eat, shop just the usual things I am sure.

I am looking forward to searching the forum for answers but any help & advice would greatly accepted.

Thank you all in anticipation
Old Sep 19th 2011, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome SSbots,

Theres lots of helpful stuff on here- the search button is fab. Is your eldest male or female? as if it is male you may have a problem with the sposorship when he turns 18- I believe femaels are fien to be sponsored by the family past 18- I am sure some of thsoe with kids on here can advise you.

AD is expensive so I hope your hubby has a good deal sorted.

You can always let him come out here, find his feet and get everything sorted and you and family follow later once he knows the job is everything it promises to be- you don't want to uphaul your entire brood if you get here and find out the job isn't secure or not quite what you were expecting.

Anyway best of luck and ask any questions you need- you may get some ridiculous answers but you may also get some helpful ones.

Kittycat
xxx
Old Sep 19th 2011, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi and welcome SSbots,

Theres lots of helpful stuff on here- the search button is fab. Is your eldest male or female? as if it is male you may have a problem with the sposorship when he turns 18- I believe femaels are fien to be sponsored by the family past 18- I am sure some of thsoe with kids on here can advise you.

AD is expensive so I hope your hubby has a good deal sorted.

You can always let him come out here, find his feet and get everything sorted and you and family follow later once he knows the job is everything it promises to be- you don't want to uphaul your entire brood if you get here and find out the job isn't secure or not quite what you were expecting.

Anyway best of luck and ask any questions you need- you may get some ridiculous answers but you may also get some helpful ones.

Kittycat
xxx
If the eldest is male, then sponsorship will be fine so long as he is in full-time education

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.