Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Sep 19th 2011, 2:38 am
Just Joined

SSBOTS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi and welcome SSbots,

Theres lots of helpful stuff on here- the search button is fab. Is your eldest male or female? as if it is male you may have a problem with the sposorship when he turns 18- I believe femaels are fien to be sponsored by the family past 18- I am sure some of thsoe with kids on here can advise you.

AD is expensive so I hope your hubby has a good deal sorted.

You can always let him come out here, find his feet and get everything sorted and you and family follow later once he knows the job is everything it promises to be- you don't want to uphaul your entire brood if you get here and find out the job isn't secure or not quite what you were expecting.

Anyway best of luck and ask any questions you need- you may get some ridiculous answers but you may also get some helpful ones.

Kittycat
xxx
Thanks for the welcome Kittycat1. Our eldest is a girl & hoping to finish her A Levels out there.

I am finding that AD is very expensive so we are also considering Dubai as an option with him commuting.

We are coming out on our own in October for a visit to try & make some big decisions. Had thought that maybe he should come out first but to honest the thought of staying home alone with the 4 of them is enough to have me reaching for a bottle!

Will certainly try out the 'search' button.

S x
Old Sep 20th 2011, 4:18 am
Just Joined

tighthead3 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI tightnead3 here again,
finally out in Qatar been here since the 11th now seems like a lifetime but its getting better as the days go on starting to fit in with the locals well driving like one anyway. i can walk to the office but i took the car first day took me 30 mins driving like i would at home, following day drove like a local took me 7 mins well thats all for the minute as its my time to chat to the kids and our lass of facebook chat later
Old Sep 20th 2011, 5:21 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SSBOTS
Thanks for the welcome Kittycat1. Our eldest is a girl & hoping to finish her A Levels out there.

I am finding that AD is very expensive so we are also considering Dubai as an option with him commuting.

We are coming out on our own in October for a visit to try & make some big decisions. Had thought that maybe he should come out first but to honest the thought of staying home alone with the 4 of them is enough to have me reaching for a bottle!

Will certainly try out the 'search' button.

S x
welcome, 4 kids, make sure you get a good package that includes education, as has been said before not cheap here
Old Sep 21st 2011, 2:24 am
Just Joined

tighthead3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Had EMail saying i have a reply clicked the link can not fond any reply something not working may be my heed
Old Sep 25th 2011, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Tamsin has a brilliant futureTamsin has a brilliant futureTamsin has a brilliant futureTamsin has a brilliant futureTamsin has a brilliant futureTamsin has a brilliant future

Hello! Looking at the previous posts, I think I should 'bring a bottle' but discreetly wrapped in a brown paper bag of course.

Just thought I would take the time to introduce myself to the Middle East forum although I understand from feedback that there are not so many members in my geographic location. Still, it's nice to feel somewhat unique and I can see there are plenty of members in the 'neighbourhood'

I am currently based in Damascus, Syria. Originally from London - moved here for a reason, but long story.

I can't wait to drive here I am an experienced driver but carefully observing at the moment and picking up good tips for confident driving from the many taxi journeys I have taken so far! Just have to remember not to close my eyes when I am the wheel in the event of (m)any near misses!

Love the chilled out atmosphere. Almost everyone is so relaxed and social and I love the simple way of life.

The very stylish shopping centre nearby has a rooftop terrace, open until midnight everyday and fantastic views, expecially at night with the backdrop of the mountains lit up by the many homes and restaurants. Really breathtaking.

Coming from London where it is rare to have a conversation with just anyone, unless closely acquainted, it's really nice to feel warmth from the majority of strangers. Takes a bit of getting used to but I am coming round to the idea!

Have a weakness of feeding the many cats who live near to my apartment. And don't they use it to their advantage! I am literally mobbed when I go out and they remind me they are there when I am sitting on the balcony by miowing loudly. Just have to pretend to the neighbours that it has nothing to do with me They just see them as pests!

Lebanon is only about two hours drive away so hoping to visit there soon for a couple of days when I get the chance. Can't wait!
Old Sep 25th 2011, 6:12 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tamsin
Hello! Looking at the previous posts, I think I should 'bring a bottle' but discreetly wrapped in a brown paper bag of course.

Just thought I would take the time to introduce myself to the Middle East forum although I understand from feedback that there are not so many members in my geographic location. Still, it's nice to feel somewhat unique and I can see there are plenty of members in the 'neighbourhood'

I am currently based in Damascus, Syria. Originally from London - moved here for a reason, but long story.

I can't wait to drive here I am an experienced driver but carefully observing at the moment and picking up good tips for confident driving from the many taxi journeys I have taken so far! Just have to remember not to close my eyes when I am the wheel in the event of (m)any near misses!
yup those tanks and troop carriers are deadly
Love the chilled out atmosphere. Almost everyone is so relaxed and social and I love the simple way of life.

The very stylish shopping centre nearby has a rooftop terrace, open until midnight everyday and fantastic views, expecially at night with the backdrop of the mountains lit up by the many homes and restaurants. Really breathtaking. yup id imagine the sights and sounds of rpg rounds, tank and artillery shells really does light up the sky in a wonderful way

Coming from London where it is rare to have a conversation with just anyone, unless closely acquainted, it's really nice to feel warmth from the majority of strangers. Takes a bit of getting used to but I am coming round to the idea!

Have a weakness of feeding the many cats who live near to my apartment. And don't they use it to their advantage! I am literally mobbed when I go out and they remind me they are there when I am sitting on the balcony by miowing loudly. Just have to pretend to the neighbours that it has nothing to do with me They just see them as pests! a bit like alll those pesky pro democracy protesters really

Lebanon is only about two hours drive away so hoping to visit there soon for a couple of days when I get the chance. Can't wait!
ah the joys of government work, the chance to visit interesting and ancient cultures and **** them up internally

welcome to BE dont stay long
Old Sep 26th 2011, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

mandm65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
Just a quick message to say hello to all, another Brit serving the magic kindgom for a while but recently discovered this forum so ciao to everyone...
Cheers
Old Sep 26th 2011, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough

Welcome MandM,
Come on in and join the party......
Old Sep 27th 2011, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

kinder25uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Hello everyone, moving to Jubail in 2 days as construction manager, is there anyone on the forum living there
kinder
Old Sep 27th 2011, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

mandm65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1967tazz
Welcome MandM,
Come on in and join the party......
thanks mate, i intend to!!
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 5:37 am
Just Joined

CJonGrey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
but most importantly, let us know if you are any good at pub quizzes...

MM, xx
OK then, I'm a newbie.
Arrived in RaK last week. Home base is Cotswolds (village outside Chipping Norton but not part of the Chipping Norton Set!).
Interests are (were?) walking & cycling, real ale, Portsmouth FC, folk & classical music.
Since you ask, am pretty good at pub quizzes (have played in Quiz Leagues for over 15 years or so). Best subjects : geopgraphy/general knowledge. Worst subjects : pop music, soaps, celeb stuff (you'd be astonished by what I don't know ;o)
Cheers,
CJonGrey
Old Oct 7th 2011, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Brightside is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!
I'm going to be moving over to Riyadh to teach in a high school in a few weeks time (just waiting for the paper work to go through). I'm very interested in taking up as many activities as possible as I won't be living on a compound so need to mingle (to keep sane!) as much as possible! Would be great to hear from any fellow Brits in Riyadh to get the heads up on essentials to pack and things to do once I arrive!
Old Oct 9th 2011, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

mogy60 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone just joined, haven't left UK yet, still hoping to get the start at the airport in Dubai. Thought I would get chatting to some normal people
before I go(if I go) to get the important things sorted.
thanks.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

bobxbob is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, new to the board, but been in Saudi (Riyadh) for more than 10 years.

I am from the UK, and here with the missus and kids.

Laters
Old Oct 15th 2011, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

10 years! I hope the medal is shiny shiny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.