Madonna Concert

Old Jun 4th 2012, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Madonna Concert

Originally Posted by britexpat76
3 bags, a dozen pints with Jaegers and only then would I attempt it. And thats only because I remember her when she was fit.
You must have a very good memory.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 10:51 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I've tackled things with more inside me, 1st I normally know about it is when I wake up.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 10:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I've tackled things with more inside me, 1st I normally know about it is when I wake up.
Naked, penniless, in a flat you don't know, in an area of questionable employment levels and with a suspicious looking johnny half in / half out your arse.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 10:59 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Naked, penniless, in a flat you don't know, in an area of questionable employment levels and with a suspicious looking johnny half in / half out your arse.
Was I with you that night??!!
Old Jun 4th 2012, 11:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Was I with you that night??!!
No, I'm just an expert judge of character.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 11:03 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
No, I'm just an expert at waking up in that situation.
corrected that for you
Old Jun 4th 2012, 11:05 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by shiva
corrected that for you
Karma given..........
Old Jun 4th 2012, 11:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shiva
corrected that for you
Guilty M'Lud.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

The problem was most people didn't even get that it was the tour for her MDNA album . Most punters turned up expecting to hear Holiday and see her prancing around like a twenty something.

I was down the front and it was bedlam , loads of pissed up tosspots knocking each other out , zero security and loads of people passing out because of the heat.

Me and the missus went for the weekend and stayed at the Yas so the concert was only part of it really. Concerts in the Middles east don't work for me , people usually just come along as it is an event so you don't really get the fan base.

I thought the show was good , dancers were excellent and the concept good . I'm afraid Madge is well past it now though.

Bit crazy seeing little Rocco running around on stage as well . Canny weekend for me though as being at a Madonna concert when living in fu**ing Qatar is a big thing
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Concerts in the Middles east don't work for me , people usually just come along as it is an event so you don't really get the fan base.
I'd have to argue against that CDB...

The Metallica gig last October was insane...I've never been to a gig of that size where so many of the fans obviously knew the words to the songs!
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:10 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
I'd have to argue against that CDB...

The Metallica gig last October was insane...I've never been to a gig of that size where so many of the fans obviously knew the words to the songs!
I have to agree with CDB. Seems to me that so many people go to gigs as it's the 'cool' thing to do. They chat constantly and pay little attention to the band. It can be very annoying indeed.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:30 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I have to agree with CDB. Seems to me that so many people go to gigs as it's the 'cool' thing to do. They chat constantly and pay little attention to the band. It can be very annoying indeed.
Both Meow and Oyibopeppeh have valid points.

I know there is a huge issue in the local hard rock scene (i.e. teenagers) where they try to out do each other in terms of how 'hard' the music is they listen to.

When Avenged Sevenfold came to Abu Dhabi last month, they got 1,500 people tops. The problem wasn't that there aren't enough people interested; there are. It's just that those who would have gone undergo some weird peer pressure where they end up seeing something like Avenged (which is pretty hard), as and I quote one person "faggy pop metal".

The bands they claim to listen to - ones like Dreamtheatre and Lamb of God - will never play over here for two reasons. 1) There isn't the fan base, and 2) they would never be granted a licence to play due to their lyrics and the themes discussed in their songs.

As for Metallica, it was one of the best gigs I've been to, and I've seen then a couple of times. You could see James Hetfield's face light up when he and the rest of the band stepped out on stage. I don't think they were expecting it.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I think the last gig I attended here was Suede / Dexys / Fun Lovin Criminals at the Creek Golf Club... 2003

looking forward to getting back in the saddle in blighty - proprer bands, nee queues, nee tokens for beer,nee vip areas, nee wristbands and nee twats
Old Jun 4th 2012, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I think the last gig I attended here was Suede / Dexys / Fun Lovin Criminals at the Creek Golf Club... 2003
So you missed the ABC/Spandau Ballet concert at the Irish Village a few years back? That was awesome.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

giddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to all

Madonna was fxxxen useless. The comments on Think flash facebook page pretty much sums it up. She allegedly had the AC units turned off to not affect her voice - ahh... you'd have to actually sing for that to happen. Waiting until 1030pm+ to come on stage was woeful and the whole thing was more of a self indulgent cabaret show with a bit of burlesque. The head shootings and screen splatters would have made Tarantino proud but sent many home early

I felt like I was watching MTV with about 15,000 (not 22K) others. It was never a two concert event

Come on Flash - Bring on more bands! and artists on the up, not on the way out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.