British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Madonna Concert (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/madonna-concert-760588/)

NorthernLad Jun 4th 2012 6:09 am

Madonna Concert

Was anyone else there?

Average, bordering on shite.

'Doors open 19:00' - make that 19:45, not a great start with thousands of people trying to get in through the wrong entrances.

DJ from 20:30 to 21:30, followed by Michael Jackson songs until she managed to get on stage at 22:45.

A lot of crucifixes displayed on the screens, some swearing and a strange rendition of 'Like a Virgin'. Some of her music was OK, but the majority was very disappointing.

To top it all off, a big brawl in the grandstand involving pissed up Brits (40-something women).

We left before midnight with a lot of other people.

commander Jun 4th 2012 6:14 am

Re: Madonna Concert

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10098678)
Was anyone else there?

'Doors open 19:00' - make that 19:45, not a great start with thousands of people trying to get in through the wrong entrances.

DJ from 20:30 to 21:30, followed by Michael Jackson songs until she managed to get on stage at 22:45.

A lot of crucifixes displayed on the screens, some swearing and a strange rendition of 'Like a Virgin'. Some of her music was OK, but the majority was very disappointing.

To top it all off, a big brawl in the grandstand involving pissed up Brits (40-something women).

see the thread i posted about 5 mins before you..aye it was proper shite.

Millhouse Jun 4th 2012 6:19 am

This really pisses me off. I went to a laughter factory not long ago and the back row bitches were fighting. I can't decide if Brits are incapable of having fun, or handelling their drink. I find it embarrassing.

flares Jun 4th 2012 6:30 am

thought Her Madge was brilliant last night. Really handled herself well pleasing the vast crowd in what must have been difficult conditions for the old girl. Support good too - that red dress on the skinny one!! and the dancers when they played that old jig. Sky News' coverage great too. God save Eamonn Holmes

haven't a clue about Madonna in Abu Dhabi though.

commander Jun 4th 2012 6:40 am

Was anyone else there?

i missed the brawl, that would have been better entertainment that old bingo wings Maradonna

NorthernLad Jun 4th 2012 6:50 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10098703)
i missed the brawl, that would have been better entertainment that old bingo wings Maradonna

It was pretty vicious, a bunch of women looked to have been on the lash all day - more fists than hair pulling/scratching. It went on for a while, calmed down/flared up.

Seeing the cream of Tescos checkout girls going down towards the exit with a smirk on her face spoke volumes.

commander Jun 4th 2012 6:58 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10098719)
It was pretty vicious, a bunch of women looked to have been on the lash all day - more fists than hair pulling/scratching. It went on for a while, calmed down/flared up.

Seeing the cream of Tescos checkout girls going down towards the exit with a smirk on her face spoke volumes.

unreal. i wish these people would **** off somewhere else. Cant they manage to go to a madonna concert without being idiots.

britexpat76 Jun 4th 2012 7:06 am

Why anyone would pay money to watch their granny dance about in her underwear is beyond me.. She has been shite for 20 years.

commander Jun 4th 2012 7:16 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10098737)
Why anyone would pay money to watch their granny dance about in her underwear is beyond me.. She has been shite for 20 years.

i got free tickets...and agree with your above comments.

im actually pissed off i missed seeing some fat english slags punching eachother.

britexpat76 Jun 4th 2012 7:22 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10098756)
i got free tickets...and agree with your above comments.

im actually pissed off i missed seeing some fat english slags punching each other.

Does sound like you missed the best part. Shame they didn't all get banged up together.

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 4th 2012 8:33 am

Madonna; Would you?

Beaverstate Jun 4th 2012 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10098848)
Madonna; Would you?

Sounds like entrapment. Yeah, I'm in my 50's why not.

Meow Jun 4th 2012 9:26 am

I wasn't even there but still got quoted...

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/madon...medium=twitter

NorthernLad Jun 4th 2012 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10098924)
I wasn't even there but still got quoted...

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/madon...medium=twitter

You were right though.

britexpat76 Jun 4th 2012 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10098848)
Madonna; Would you?

3 bags, a dozen pints with Jaegers and only then would I attempt it. And thats only because I remember her when she was fit.