British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Labourer With A Death Wish.... I saved his life. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/labourer-death-wish-i-saved-his-life-588423/)

Blue Cat Feb 2nd 2009 4:19 am

Re: Labourer With A Death Wish.... I saved his life.

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7238267)
I wasn't trying to impress anybody... I couldn't care less what you think either.

You say I spout so much sh*t? You weren't even there so you don't know what the facts are, your just assuming I am talking shit, fair enough assume that, do you really think I am going to lose any sleep over it?

I know what happened, I wasn't breaking any laws and my quick reactions saved someones life, so I don't have anything to defend.

Your all a bunch of f**king morons having a go at me for this, anyone else on here would have got praise for their actions.

time to move on ...

lionheart Feb 2nd 2009 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7238267)
I wasn't trying to impress anybody...
Your all a bunch of f**king morons having a go at me for this, anyone else on here would have got praise for their actions.

Your main problem seems to me that, despite what you say, you are simply too eager to blow your own trumpet and tell everyone what a fantastic driver you are. It's not an endearing trait, just makes you sound like an ego-centric buffoon...which you are probably not in the flesh. The story would have been much better received if you had not added the ridiculous notion that you had saved a labourer's life rather than nearly caused his death by your fast driving. 100kph on an exit slip road and skid marks truly says it all!.

Bison Feb 2nd 2009 4:48 am

Your main problem seems to me that, despite what you say, you are simply too eager to blow your own trumpet and tell everyone what a fantastic driver you are. It's not an endearing trait, just makes you sound like an ego-centric buffoon...which you are probably not in the flesh. The story would have been much better received if you had not added the ridiculous notion that you had saved a labourer's life rather than nearly caused his death by your fast driving. 100kph on an exit slip road and skid marks truly says it all!.
Well maybe it's just how I write, blowing my own trumpet is not what I intended to do.

I did say I was slowing from 100kph so I was actually doing about 80kph, which as you know from previous threads is a considerable improvement from my past speeds. I have actually slowed down a lot and rarely go above 120kph now.

lionheart Feb 2nd 2009 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7238337)
I have actually slowed down a lot and rarely go above 120kph now.

Some excellent news, my friend:thumbsup:You know it makes sense.

Bison Feb 2nd 2009 5:34 am

Some excellent news, my friendYou know it makes sense.
I actually feel a lot calmer when I'm driving now to, plus it's easier on the wallet ;)

commander Feb 2nd 2009 5:41 am

Yes, slow down in town...

Good boy, you got there in the end...