British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Labourer With A Death Wish.... I saved his life. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/labourer-death-wish-i-saved-his-life-588423/)

MataHari Feb 1st 2009 10:46 am

Re: Labourer With A Death Wish.... I saved his life.

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7235707)
aye I usually shower my feet before I come to bed, don;t like slippers or flip flops really, I like being barefoot.....(no sign of him)

the bidet is good for your feet I find...
(high five)

Bison Feb 1st 2009 10:56 am

I'm here, in the background...... :(

Spugsy Feb 1st 2009 10:58 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7235714)
the bidet is good for your feet I find...
(high five)

oh I haven't got one of those, I have 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, and one bath with a tiny water tank so I can only run 3 inches of water, gah!

(woohoo!)

MacScot Feb 1st 2009 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7235744)
oh I haven't got one of those, I have 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, and one bath with a tiny water tank so I can only run 3 inches of water, gah!

(woohoo!)

That was Sophia's answer to Blanche in The Golden Girls, when Blanche said she was going to run a bath until the water was up to her bosum...Sophia said "What? only 3 inches of water ?" :rofl:

Alen1 Feb 1st 2009 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 7235282)
Did you stop to give the running man a piece of your mind ?

And ask him what is his nationality?

Blue Cat Feb 1st 2009 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7235592)
cause all you do is go on about how great you are at driving. Like i said on one of your previous (funnily enough similar) threads, my father has spent a career picking up remains and scraping guts of mostly young guys out of cars.

Cars driven by cocky, know it all, im an advanced driver, im better than you at driving, speed doesnt kill etc etc idiots.

It wasnt meant to be nasty, and im sure you have already disregarded it. Afterall advice is not a thing you take i would guess.

its actually tragic, and i hope i never read about it, but i wouldnt be surprised. If not to you then there will be another 'you' on the road who will meet there maker in this fashion.

he thinks he is The Stig :p

Lorna at Vicenza Feb 1st 2009 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 7235608)
you saw people by the side of the road obviously about to cross, you failed to take into account any likelihood of them crossing in front of you. you then had to take extreme measures to avoid an accident when they did. where is the surprise? where is the rocket science in understanding that had you had a brain that was capable of allowing for an event to occur in the future you would have allowed yourself sufficient time to avoid said mad capped maneuvers by slowing down and allowing for an event beyond your control.

Its called good driving and since i and everyone else is wasting their time by trying explain this to you i will bow out here as your boring me now with your lack of understanding and immature thought processes

He said he was on the motorway.

I certainly don't see any pedestrians waiting to cross over on any of the motorways that I use.

Jeeper Feb 1st 2009 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7235188)
I know it is and I even met the guy who invented it, but over here I call it the arab flick ok!

Don't give me all this BS about allowing for someone to run out in front of you on a Motorway, it's the first time it's happened to me in this country and I've been here over a year, he bolted across the road like a deer in the cotswolds ffs!

I had 20 metres and that is not much distance at all when you are coming off a motorway at speed.

At the end of the day, you might have other methods but that fact is, the guy is still alive and my car is in one piece, so I guess the way I chose in that split second worked and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

So you were doing 100kph and this happened when he was 20meters away?
100kph = 27 meters per second.
So in less than one second you managed to do all the 'considering' you mentioned but also put in all the actions? you know that your brain and body can't combine to react to something within 1 second - let alone do all the extras you speak of.

You are so full of sh.ite:thumbdown:

Jeeper Feb 1st 2009 3:49 pm

The real sequence of events.

Bison was doing 100kph and slowed down at the exit.
Saw a labourer on the side of the road and thought to himself "oh...20 points".
labourer doesn't notice bison and starts to cross.
Bison reacts with brakes alone (maybe locking up but prob not).
Labourer sees car and retreats back off the road
Bison thinks that could have been close!
Bison thinks what he would have done if he had a second chance and put into action all the things he thinks he's capable of.
Bison thinks he will just tell people (that he doesn't know) that he did what he wished he did and they will all think big of him.

We don't son.
:thumbdown:

Bison Feb 1st 2009 5:02 pm

The real sequence of events.

Bison was doing 100kph and slowed down at the exit.
Saw a labourer on the side of the road and thought to himself "oh...20 points".
labourer doesn't notice bison and starts to cross.
Bison reacts with brakes alone (maybe locking up but prob not).
Labourer sees car and retreats back off the road
Bison thinks that could have been close!
Bison thinks what he would have done if he had a second chance and put into action all the things he thinks he's capable of.
Bison thinks he will just tell people (that he doesn't know) that he did what he wished he did and they will all think big of him.

We don't son.
Whatever, I was there I know what happened. If you don't believe me then go and see the skid marks on the exit to ibn battuta just before the road starts to curve right in the right hand lane.

Clearly visible, seen them today again.

commander Feb 1st 2009 5:12 pm

Your spout so much shit, of course you leave skid marks..

Nobody is remotely impressed mate.

Confucius Feb 1st 2009 5:35 pm

I want to have your baby...

shiva Feb 1st 2009 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 7236265)
He said he was on the motorway.

I certainly don't see any pedestrians waiting to cross over on any of the motorways that I use.

then its fairly clear you havent driven on Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Khail road, Emirates road or any other number of multiple lane higways here where there are no pedestrian bridges and labourers face either a 20 mile detour or a quick game of frogger

Lorna at Vicenza Feb 1st 2009 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 7236654)
then its fairly clear you havent driven on Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Khail road, Emirates road or any other number of multiple lane higways here where there are no pedestrian bridges and labourers face either a 20 mile detour or a quick game of frogger

True - I haven't.

Bison Feb 2nd 2009 4:07 am

Your spout so much shit, of course you leave skid marks..

Nobody is remotely impressed mate.
I wasn't trying to impress anybody... I couldn't care less what you think either.

You say I spout so much sh*t? You weren't even there so you don't know what the facts are, your just assuming I am talking shit, fair enough assume that, do you really think I am going to lose any sleep over it?

I know what happened, I wasn't breaking any laws and my quick reactions saved someones life, so I don't have anything to defend.

Your all a bunch of f**king morons having a go at me for this, anyone else on here would have got praise for their actions.