iPhone 5S

Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default iPhone 5S

So....released yesterday.

Quite lumpy in price but time to get rid of my 4S and all I can think about now is whether or not to get the gold one. It's a real knobhead thing to do but I think I'm just enough of a knobhead to get away with it...

Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:54 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iPhone 5S

Yeah you need to join the rest of the iDrones. I mean it's got, wait for it, fingerprint recognition!! Innovative or what? Also you can get interchangeable coloured covers. Amazing technology, leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

that gold one is lush
Old Sep 11th 2013, 5:03 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Ill get one, not for the shitty new colours or scanner but because the camera looks set to be pretty phenomenal for a tiny device.

The 4s camera is pretty damn good so two generations up should be seriously impressive
Old Sep 11th 2013, 5:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikewot
Yeah you need to join the rest of the iDrones. I mean it's got, wait for it, fingerprint recognition!! Innovative or what? Also you can get interchangeable coloured covers. Amazing technology, leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.
Actually, in most markets iPhones are not the most popular, it's those god awful giant Samsung things.

I don't think the 5S is interchangeable, I think maybe that's the 5C?

I'll be sceptical about fingerprint security because on my old work Lenovo it was terrible. Still, I have no problem with companies trying to make my personal shit more secure.

You're a right negative Nigel this morning eh Mike?
Old Sep 11th 2013, 5:19 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
You're a right negative Nigel this morning eh Mike?
I just think the iPhone lost it's competitive edge quite some time ago. Later versions just got bigger but nothing changed really.

Does it appear as a disk drive when I plug it into a PC?
Will it work with a Cromebook?
Can you add more memory with a Card?
Can you customize the look and feel?
Are the maps any good?
Is the camera better resolution than 8 Megapixels?
Has it got NFC (near field communication)?
Old Sep 11th 2013, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

I just think the iPhone lost it's competitive edge quite some time ago. Later versions just got bigger but nothing changed really.

Are the maps any good?
no but it looks cool
Old Sep 11th 2013, 5:25 am
Account Closed

Are the maps any good?
I don't know what you mean, but when I plug mine in I can look at everything in it without looking at iTunes?
I don't know.
A bit, not much, but why change something that works?
No, they're shit, that's why googlemaps is a free app.
I reckon the camera is pretty ****ing sweet on the iPhone 5. The new one is meant to be special too. MOre Mp doesn't make a camera better (I reckon).
Nope, but isn't that like the Barclaycard swipe payment thing? AS in utterly pointless at the moment?

I get your point, not much is changing but this is meant to be twice as fast at the 5, better camera, completely new OS design and other random shit which will probably be tucked in there. It's progress but as the second version of the 5 it was never going to be revolutionary.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 5:42 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

yea
yes
no but you have cloud syncing built in and how much storage do you really need
yes, backgrounds, icons and cases
Are the maps any good?
no but google maps is superb as are any if the million other mapping options
megapixels don't mean anything, 15% bigger sensor, 30% increase in available light capture and aperture now at 2.2 will all make a huge difference
not yet but there are elements of it built into os7 so apple obviously want it there but I suspect there are issues with retailers etc that are delaying it

It's very easy to knock apple but then again it's very easy to knock any manufacturer if you are of a mind
Old Sep 11th 2013, 5:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shiva
It's very easy to knock apple but then again it's very easy to knock any manufacturer if you are of a mind
Absolutely! The point I was trying to make was that there is no innovative changes but the iDrones will still be flocking to buy the 'latest version'.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 6:03 am
Account Closed

Absolutely! The point I was trying to make was that there is no innovative changes but the iDrones will still be flocking to buy the 'latest version'.
Hey, I'm not kidding when I say it's a big decision for me. 5/600 quid is a lot of money this side of Xmas when I'm probably going to be paying 10,000 AED to get the mrs and I home.

BUT, I've had my 4S a while now and the screen is cracked, so it's time I paid up and got a new one.

Plus, it's ****ing GOLD!
Old Sep 11th 2013, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Still, I have no problem with companies trying to make my personal shit more secure.
How is them selling your finger print data to the NSA etc making you more secure?

I won't be getting one. I have kind of grown out of the whole 'must get the newest and most fancy phone' bug. This can be seen with me currently rocking the 'Old School' 3S (I know - I got given it) and as much as it is pretty intuitive it still annoys the hell out of me.

Also, 700 GBP..... for a phone! Are they taking the pi$$?

I'm kinda harking back to a phone that has buttons......
Old Sep 11th 2013, 6:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
How is them selling your finger print data to the NSA etc making you more secure?

Am I the only one who is slightly sceptical that this is the case, yet can also see how it may happen (I've watched a lot of Spooks)?

Also, WGAF? What the hell are the NSA going to do with the records from my phone? This is yet another moment of people thinking they are way more interesting and / or important than they are.

Nobody cares that I googled Halle Berry's pregnant tits or how to make a chicken pie or that I text my mrs thanking her for making me sarnies.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 6:09 am
Account Closed

Hey, I'm not kidding when I say it's a big decision for me. 5/600 quid is a lot of money this side of Xmas when I'm probably going to be paying 10,000 AED to get the mrs and I home.
BUT, I've had my 4S a while now and the screen is cracked, so it's time I paid up and got a new one.
Plus, it's ****ing GOLD!
Gold coloured. Pay 200 dits for a new screen and you're sorted, a no brainer. Fly economy and use skyscanner, I know you're like me and still fly UK-DXB-UK, you can get EK flights for 500 GBP each.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a massive i-fan - ipods, ipads, iphones, macbook etc., but my wife was interested in finding out what the Samsung Galaxy tablet was like, so she recently bought one.

I may be biased but it just seems so un-user-friendly compared to i-products, clunky, confusing menu layers, slow internet etc. etc.

I'll certainly be sticking to i-stuff for now, although won't be rushing out for a 5s until my 4 decides to pack in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.