iOs 7

Old Sep 19th 2013, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: iOs 7

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Not possible for another 4 weeks though with the holiday jobby. Biting the bullet and going mental in Villagio tomorrow to get it sorted.
Good luck!
Old Sep 19th 2013, 10:05 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
nope mine gone completely.

double click home button and swipe apps up to close them
I just worked it out. Swipe the open page not the app sign.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 10:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Seamless changeover. Private browsing is handy too...
Old Sep 19th 2013, 9:04 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
hahaha, sorry but this is exactly why I hate Apple.

You do realise that is the core of their business plan? make the device obsolete?

I was given a hand-me-down iPhone 3Gs a while back. Thought I would do the right thing and upgrade to iOs6. Lost everything and also the battery just died instantly each time I switched it on.

Took it to an Apple store and met with an "expert" who told me that "sorry, this phone is past it's support period, we can't fix it, or even roll back to previous OS, so its dead, bricked."

Then he offered to sell me a "new" iPhone 3Gs, that had been recently manufactured so would work with iOs6.

So they still manufacture old phones to sell to you once your old phone stops working with their new OS.

Apple is Evil, end of.
I lvoe Apple, I've used macs for well over 20 years and have always been a fiercely loyal customer and supporter.

However I agree, they are now a huge multi national who don't give two *****s apart from to make as money as possible.

And I downloaded the new software and had to delete all my films and tv shows (about 30) and then reload them as they didn't come up with the names. But like most Apple stuff, it certainly is pretty.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 9:07 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Apple store in Lagoona Mall - 0 interest and fobbed off to Vodafone in Villagio.

Can see that being a pain as I threw the box and receipt away as soon as I turned the phone on though the fact its been released less than a year should in any sane country get over that issue.....................
If you gave the apple store your mobile number then they should be able to find the receipt and give you a new one, I did this recently.

Go in and give them hell, lazy bastards - they are like that over here, or just look at you as if you're from the planet mars.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 2:55 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

A quick aside, we don't have apple stores here we have shops that look like and pretend to be apple stores but they are only resellers.

Apple do however now have an office in Dubai and are planning on opening proper apple stores soon.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 11:37 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
You do realise that is the core of their business plan? make the device obsolete?
Company that exists to sell products prefers to sell you new ones rather then keep old ones going? Holy crap! Hold the front page!

I was given a hand-me-down iPhone 3Gs a while back. Thought I would do the right thing and upgrade to iOs6
Sorry, I don't understand why upgrading to iOS6 was the "right thing". You make it sound like it was some kind of public duty. It was certainly a choice you had, but the phone would have continued working just fine if you'd left it as-was.

So they still manufacture old phones to sell to you once your old phone stops working with their new OS
No, that's not what they did. Although the 3GS was superseded by the 4 in 2010, Apple kept the 3GS in production as its "entry-level" iPhone, which helped it expand in the lower-priced level of the smartphone market. Once the iPhone 5 came out in September 2012, the 4 took the place of the 3GS as the "entry-level" iPhone and the 3GS went out of production.

Apple is Evil, end of.
Apple is no more or less evil than any other multinational tech company. You think Microsoft, Google, Samsung et al are all sunshine and lollipops?
Old Sep 21st 2013, 6:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

upgrade sorted, how do you change the colour of the messages though, hate the green boxes etc.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 12:04 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
upgrade sorted, how do you change the colour of the messages though, hate the green boxes etc.
Yep, that bugs me too.

Anyone else having problems with logging out of the bored?

Every time in switch apps I'm logged out again.

Very weird.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 3:08 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
A quick aside, we don't have apple stores here we have shops that look like and pretend to be apple stores but they are only resellers.

Apple do however now have an office in Dubai and are planning on opening proper apple stores soon.
you're right that there are no official apple stores, however the one in Mall of the Emirates has been truly outstanding for me. Knowledgeable, efficient, polite and once we had to take something back - no squabble, nothing, offered us refund immediately but we selected to just replace. Really, they're very good.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 3:12 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

I upgraded my iPhone and Mrs Sheds along with both of our iPads this morning with a serious hangover from brunch yesterday. Not a single issue at all.

I like 7 as it seems to be very clear to my dodgy old eyes.

Not sure if its me, but my iPhone 5 seems to run SIGNIFICANTLY faster since the upgrade.

Favourtite feature so far? The ability to create custom vibration ring tones as my phone is almost always on vibrate. One sequenece for regular callers, one for the boss, one for the real boss (Mrs Shed) :-)
Old Sep 21st 2013, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Upgraded my 4s and ipad without any issues - like the photo app now as you can send multiple photos easier. Phone is running quicker too.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 4:52 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Yep, that bugs me too.

Anyone else having problems with logging out of the bored?

Every time in switch apps I'm logged out again.

Very weird.
I don't use BE on the phone, too much of hassle. Battery life seems worse since 7 though.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 6:32 am
Wannabe Cycling God

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I don't use BE on the phone, too much of hassle. Battery life seems worse since 7 though.
There seems to be a pattern here. BC - Are you using an iPhone 4 or 5?

I have a 5 and iOS7 seems to make it quicker and battery lasts longer. My wife has an iPhone 4 and hers seems quicker but battery is running down faster.

Just curious.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 6:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
There seems to be a pattern here. BC - Are you using an iPhone 4 or 5?

I have a 5 and iOS7 seems to make it quicker and battery lasts longer. My wife has an iPhone 4 and hers seems quicker but battery is running down faster.

Just curious.
Definitely slower on my 4S, but it was the same when I upgraded my 3S to the new iOS when it was released.

Battery definitely worse now. Mrs thinks her 5 is much quicker now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.