iOs 7

Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:00 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default iOs 7

Well it's now available.

So being the twat I am I downloaded it.

Lost pretty much every app I've ever put on my iPhone.

Not happy.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:36 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iOs 7

Originally Posted by Kix
Well it's now available.

Not happy.
All apps are listed as purchases in the itunes store and on itunes, hook it up to a pc and you can easily add them all back again.

it will however be a ball ache to do if you have a lot of them

I'm just backing up my phone and syncing it now prior to updating to ios7, never the smoothest thing to do so am expecting to lose my contacts or similar for a few hours.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
All apps are listed as purchases in the itunes store and on itunes, hook it up to a pc and you can easily add them all back again.
not 100% true. If the app has been deleted from the app store then you have lost it. Happened to me
Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
not 100% true. If the app has been deleted from the app store then you have lost it. Happened to me
Did you live to tell the tale?
Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha, sorry but this is exactly why I hate Apple.

You do realise that is the core of their business plan? make the device obsolete?

I was given a hand-me-down iPhone 3Gs a while back. Thought I would do the right thing and upgrade to iOs6. Lost everything and also the battery just died instantly each time I switched it on.

Took it to an Apple store and met with an "expert" who told me that "sorry, this phone is past it's support period, we can't fix it, or even roll back to previous OS, so its dead, bricked."

Then he offered to sell me a "new" iPhone 3Gs, that had been recently manufactured so would work with iOs6.

So they still manufacture old phones to sell to you once your old phone stops working with their new OS.

Apple is Evil, end of.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

tried to put it on my ipad last night but kept getting an error. was more succesful this morning but had to leave before it had finished installing. will see what its like tonight.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 5:23 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
fair point, never had an app deleted but with a gazillion apps it must happen a fair amount
Old Sep 19th 2013, 5:24 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
hahaha, sorry but this is exactly why I hate Apple.

You do realise that is the core of their business plan? make the device obsolete?

I was given a hand-me-down iPhone 3Gs a while back. Thought I would do the right thing and upgrade to iOs6. Lost everything and also the battery just died instantly each time I switched it on.

Took it to an Apple store and met with an "expert" who told me that "sorry, this phone is past it's support period, we can't fix it, or even roll back to previous OS, so its dead, bricked."

Then he offered to sell me a "new" iPhone 3Gs, that had been recently manufactured so would work with iOs6.

So they still manufacture old phones to sell to you once your old phone stops working with their new OS.

Apple is Evil, end of.
built in obsolescence, every company does it these days not just apple.
for your 3gs go online and find ios4 it works fine with it
Old Sep 19th 2013, 5:25 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
tried to put it on my ipad last night but kept getting an error. was more succesful this morning but had to leave before it had finished installing. will see what its like tonight.
apparently the servers are being swamped so a lot of downloads are failing to get the full file. try when america is asleep
Old Sep 19th 2013, 5:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bongoman2

Apple is Evil, end of.
Apple are no different to any big company, or in fact any company, they want to make money and people want to spend.

To quote Will Smith (Bad Boys II); "Don't hate the player, hate the game"
Old Sep 19th 2013, 6:27 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Well it's now available.

Not happy.
Updated iPhone and iPad this morning without any issues. iOS7 looks good so far.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 7:19 am
Account Closed

Updated my 4S with no issues. Looks nice, phone is running slightly slower though and expect the battery to be shit.

Just lining up the self-justification needed to shell out for a gold 5s!
Old Sep 19th 2013, 7:32 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Updated my 4S with no issues. Looks nice, phone is running slightly slower though and expect the battery to be shit.

Just lining up the self-justification needed to shell out for a gold 5s!
You can pick one up in Dubai from Friday, a bargain at 6000dh.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 7:43 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Downloaded it last night in about 5 minutes hoping it would fix the fact my battery indicator does not work and when the phone eventually dies or I turn it off it reboots about 30 times. iOS7 works fine but the 2 faults I have are still there and the Apple store here do not give a shit.

Scamp I paid QR4200 for my 5 as it was one of the 1st within weeks they were 3500 and it really pissed me off. Give it a couple of months for the price to drop.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 7:43 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Downloaded it last night in about 5 minutes hoping it would fix the fact my battery indicator does not work and when the phone eventually dies or I turn it off it reboots about 30 times. iOS7 works fine but the 2 faults I have are still there and the Apple store here do not give a shit.

Scamp I paid QR4200 for my 5 as it was one of the 1st within weeks they were 3500 and it really pissed me off. Give it a couple of months for the price to drop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.