I am sorry in advance

Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Mariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really nice
Default I am sorry in advance

I know alot of you will say that this is not the right place for this topic, and that it does not concern the B.E but i feel that i have to say something.
a friend of mine i know from school has been a victim of a hate crime in Germany.
she was stabbed 18 times inside a COURTROOM in Dresden, infront of her 3 year old son and she was 3 months pregnant.
her husband was also stabbed and to make matters worse he was also shot by the police.
this happened on 1st july. the German press has given the story a minimum space and has not given it the coverage it deserves. BBC & CNN only mentioned it yesterday on the site but not on the news.
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/eu...led/index.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8136500.stm

these are pictures of Marwa El Sherbiny (the victim) and her funeral.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...08159&view=all
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:54 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am sorry in advance

Originally Posted by Mariah_Saudi
I know alot of you will say that this is not the right place for this topic, and that it does not concern the B.E but i feel that i have to say something.
a friend of mine i know from school has been a victim of a hate crime in Germany.
she was stabbed 18 times inside a COURTROOM in Dresden, infront of her 3 year old son and she was 3 months pregnant.
her husband was also stabbed and to make matters worse he was also shot by the police.
this happened on 1st july. the German press has given the story a minimum space and has not given it the coverage it deserves. BBC & CNN only mentioned it yesterday on the site but not on the news.
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/eu...led/index.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8136500.stm

these are pictures of Marwa El Sherbiny (the victim) and her funeral.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...08159&view=all
I heard about this, I am sorry for your loss. It is really strange that the press haven't picked up on this story. It was mentioned on Twitter too.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Was on the news a few days ago here in the Netherlands, horrible story
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Mariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I heard about this, I am sorry for your loss. It is really strange that the press haven't picked up on this story. It was mentioned on Twitter too.
Thank you BC. I know the story has not been picked up and given the space it needs and deserves which is why i am so saddened. if it had occured in any "3rd world country" we wouldn't have heard the end of it
Old Jul 7th 2009, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Euc-
Was on the news a few days ago here in the Netherlands, horrible story
it is a horrible story. i am heart broken
Old Jul 7th 2009, 1:03 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you BC. I know the story has not been picked up and given the space it needs and deserves which is why i am so saddened. if it had occured in any "3rd world country" we wouldn't have heard the end of it
but all the press in the World isn't going to bring her back to her family though, so sad.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

When I read about it yesterday I automatically assumed that it was a domestic killing (rather than religious hatred), so what was the real motive?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 1:23 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by lionheart
When I read about it yesterday I automatically assumed that it was a domestic killing (rather than religious hatred), so what was the real motive?
he hated Muslims.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lionheart
apparently it all started a year ago. the murderer (Alex) lived in the building opposite to Marwa and they were both in the community park near where they live. Alex a 28 yr old unemployed was sitting at a swing, and Marwa asked if she could use the swing. he then called her a terrorist, whore and an islamist.
Marwa took her little boy and left the park, a few of the Germans in the park reported the incident to the police, and as they lived near they did bump into each other occasionally and he even tried to pull her viel (hijab) off. that is when Marwa filed a compliant against him, they went to court and was ruled in favor of Marwa and Alex was set to pay a fine, he then appealed. and the incident happened at the court during his appeal, right before he stabbed her he said "you don't deserve to live"
Old Jul 7th 2009, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

apparently it all started a year ago. the murderer (Alex) lived in the building opposite to Marwa and they were both in the community park near where they live. Alex a 28 yr old unemployed was sitting at a swing, and Marwa asked if she could use the swing. he then called her a terrorist, whore and an islamist.
Marwa took her little boy and left the park, a few of the Germans in the park reported the incident to the police, and as they lived near they did bump into each other occasionally and he even tried to pull her viel (hijab) off. that is when Marwa filed a compliant against him, they went to court and was ruled in favor of Marwa and Alex was set to pay a fine, he then appealed. and the incident happened at the court during his appeal, right before he stabbed her he said "you don't deserve to live"
Why do people asume all Muslims are the same? I really don't get it.. It's not like all English are hooligans, Germans are Hitlers and Russians are Stalins now are they?

Sigh, some people will just never learn.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

horrible thing to happen.
but it seems a lot more complex than a simple racial hatred crime.

brings up issues of wearing the veil in western countries and the devisive effect that can have on integration. I worked for an Egyptian company in Dubai and my colleagues hated the increase in the number of women wearing the veil which is not part of Egyptian culture. Its an import from Saudi Arabia.

its also difficult to see how Germany is being blamed when the murderer was an immigrant himself (or child of an immigrant)

nonetheless I repeat its a horrible thing to have happened
Old Jul 7th 2009, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
the veil which is not part of Egyptian culture. Its an import from Saudi Arabia.
Actually the wearing of the veil is not part of any "culture" it is a part of Islam. as muslims it is required that women wear modest clothes and cover their hair.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shVAshmcg9g

Last edited by Mariah_Saudi; Jul 7th 2009 at 2:04 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Actually the wearing of the veil is not part of any "culture" it is a part of Islam. as muslims it is required that women wear modest clothes and cover their hair.
many muslims would not agree with you on that.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
its also difficult to see how Germany is being blamed when the murderer was an immigrant himself (or child of an immigrant)

nonetheless I repeat its a horrible thing to have happened
Germany is being blamed because the incident happened inside the courtroom, they are blamed because their should have been more security at the courthouse specially that a simillar incident has happened a few months before when a man shot his wife and then killed himself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.