HR

Old Aug 26th 2011, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

alitrist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HR

Remember hr staff are just traffic wardens, reincarnated!!!

As one of societies dregs put it to me, "first we look after our interests, then the companies, then the customers". When I asked what about the employees? She laughed and said "who???"

That pretty much sums it up for me....... 6 months later she was made redundant.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Companies have nobody to blame but themselves - HR departments are given an exaggerated view of their own self-importance by some bizarre and rather lazy company policies, such as involving HR in the interview process for new recruits.

I am please that I now work for a firm who allow the particular business line to do its own interviewing, and only get HR involved when a suitable applicant has been identified, and the paperwork, offer letter, etc, need to be done.

It also works the other way round - if you are a job seeker, insist on meeting the department you will be working for, not HR (they won't know anything about the department's particular skill requirements). And HR's job, of course, is to filter you out, not bring you in.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

HR in dubai = AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

:curse::rolleyes :
Old Aug 26th 2011, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Why don't you have the originals of the tenancy and your labour contract darling?
I moved apartments 6 months ago, it is a company apartment, they never gave me the tenancy contract.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by winter
Why is everything so difficult, all I want is a copy of my tenancy, my labour contract and a letter of no objection, why does that take 2 weeks?
Surely not Two Weeks? - It must be 'Fifteen Days - Isn't It!'

Just be doing one thing, today afternoon. Revert to HR asking them to be 'Doing the Needful!'

One from my Mug Collection
Attached Thumbnails HR-llandewi.jpg  

Last edited by jackthehat; Aug 26th 2011 at 7:59 am. Reason: Graphic
Old Aug 28th 2011, 4:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Pleased to see this thread.

A well run HR team are incredibly useful, especially when the main people understand a business unit properly.

Anything other than that and they may as well be a collection of corpses in an office.

I have a guy waiting to start a job, he was interviewed in late April and they are just about to get the paperwork finalised for his confirmed, written offer. Oh, and it's urgent...