Home bars

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:45 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home bars

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Normal people who feel the need to hide their drink and not share, as opposed to us Scotsmen who will fling our bars open at the first opportunity of a wee swally!!!
Really??? All round to yours then???
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:45 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Normal people who feel the need to hide their drink and not share, as opposed to us Scotsmen who will fling our bars open at the first opportunity of a wee swally!!!
like I said...I'll drop by one day...and we'll see what happens
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Bars and Scotsmen are synonymous with each other!!!
The most impressive home bar I ever saw was in Oxfordshire - belonged to a morris dancer. It even had that "school fete" game where you had a wigglie piece of copper tubing connected to a bell. Idea to navigate a ring over the wigglie pipe without setting off the bell. He replaced the bell with an automated drink dispenser. The more you hit the copper wiggle, the more you had to drink. Brilliant.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:50 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

oh hell, I did already go round to his house...
Attached Thumbnails Home bars-holstrom-basement-bar.jpg  
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:54 am
hmmmm...nice

lol...I won't mention any names...
Attached Thumbnails Home bars-rjo0808l.jpg  
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:56 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Bars and Scotsmen are synonymous with each other!!!
Hmmmmm......as an oft called upon place of rest as he comotoses into Nirvana laying his weary head among half eaten pies and scrunched up 'loser' bookies lines. Rather than return, in a rubber like state, bereft of salary &wearing the regurgitated remnants of a doner to the wlecoming arms of their Scotswummen anxiously waiting to 'impress' with an iron bar a.k a. shovel.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:58 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Hmmmmm......as an oft called upon place of rest as he comotoses into Nirvana laying his weary head among half eaten pies and scrunched up 'loser' bookies lines. Rather than return, in a rubber like state, bereft of salary &wearing the regurgitated remnants of a doner to the wlecoming arms of their Scotswummen anxiously waiting to 'impress' with an iron bar a.k a. shovel.
I was under the impression I had not had the pleasure of meeting you, Eva......
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:58 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but...

...I've known some people (although not Scots) to remove the "good stuff" from their home bar and hide it in a cabinet, when they know a few people are coming round for a drink !!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:59 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Really??? All round to yours then???
I do, however, run a Pub-Watch system..... There is already a list of delinquents and ne'er-do-well's that I reserve the right to refuse entry and service to.....
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

exactly, i had my ozzie neighbour in for a few the other night, he was only passing the front door. He loved sitting on the bar stool with me behind the bar shooting the breeze.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 10:01 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by MacScot
Yes, but...

...I've known some people (although not Scots) to remove the "good stuff" from their home bar and hide it in a cabinet, when they know a few people are coming round for a drink !!
I keep the 'good stuff' locked up and it is only released for people who I feel would notice the difference...

My old man works in the whisky industry back in Scotland and receives a few bottles of the REALLY good stuff every year. Unfortunately (for him) he hates the stuff and far prefers a drop of Tanqueray Gin, so guess what I bring home for him every time I return... In return for a nice bottle of the good stuff, nae bead, nivver sampled by the customs man!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 10:06 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I was under the impression I had not had the pleasure of meeting you, Eva......
The pleasure reciprocal, I am sure still awaits...
In the meantime, an estimate of 'free fall distance' from barstool
to floor? I'm scared of heights.

Oh yeh and don't forget the maraschinos
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 10:07 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

I do, however, run a Pub-Watch system..... There is already a list of delinquents and ne'er-do-well's that I reserve the right to refuse entry and service to.....
I cant be on that list...I'm posh init!....
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 10:08 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh hell, I did already go round to his house...
that looks like a nice bar to me, I'd go.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 10:08 am
Here comes the Sun

Originally Posted by Eva
The pleasure reciprocal, I am sure still awaits...
In the meantime, an estimate of 'free fall distance' from barstool
to floor? I'm scared of heights.

Oh yeh and don't forget the maraschinos
Whats one of them??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.