Hello!

Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

ghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hello!

Originally Posted by Hull Lad
Hi Ghost Rider,

As I mentioned earlier 16 years in design and print has left me wanting to experience something different. I was 31 last week so I can hardly be branded a diverer wouldn't you agree? The past 5 years have been spent self employed and if it were not for my wife being offered a position too good to turn down i'd be staying with my company.

We aim to stay a min of 2 years in dubai. Long enough to pay the mortgage off and then who knows?

I see the move as an opportunity to try something new. Something exciting and what i'm interested in.

I'm not desperate to get a job before i get out to Dubai although it would nice to have something to look forward too. I've got other irons in the fire though so who knows.

What field are you in?

Regards

Craig
i run a security consultancy company.
it is always nice to have something to look forward too,
i hope you find what you are looking for.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 4:20 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ghost rider
i run a security consultancy company.
it is always nice to have something to look forward too,
i hope you find what you are looking for.
oh, Mythic is looking for work in the security field...
Old Oct 28th 2007, 5:24 am
Marching on Together

justin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nice

Originally Posted by MataHari
So am I for a friend.

Could you PM me with your contact details please
Old Oct 28th 2007, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Since you're in no hurry to secure a job before you get here then just come over and have a look for yourself. You might be lucky and find a 'cool' job that does what you want, and get paid at western rates for the cachet of having a westerner in the job... There are some jobs here where your pay packet depends on your race/nationality after all.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 7:52 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ghost Rider,

As I mentioned earlier 16 years in design and print has left me wanting to experience something different. I was 31 last week so I can hardly be branded a diverer wouldn't you agree? The past 5 years have been spent self employed and if it were not for my wife being offered a position too good to turn down i'd be staying with my company.

We aim to stay a min of 2 years in dubai. Long enough to pay the mortgage off and then who knows?

I see the move as an opportunity to try something new. Something exciting and what i'm interested in.

I'm not desperate to get a job before i get out to Dubai although it would nice to have something to look forward too. I've got other irons in the fire though so who knows.

What field are you in?

Regards

Craig

If I were you I'd forget trying to be a guide. I mean, how can you be a guide when you have never been to the desert & don't know how to drive out there?

There are quite a few design agancies so you could try contacting them for work. Your pay will depend on the level of your role, experience etc. Those at the top end earn good salaries, at the bottom however - well, you said you don't need the money..

And I'm still laughing at the suggestion that anyone from Hull could sound posh!

Good luck.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

ghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MataHari
Originally Posted by justin riseborough
So am I for a friend.

Could you PM me with your contact details please
have sent you both a PM
Old Nov 1st 2007, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Hull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really nice

Originally Posted by Meow
If I were you I'd forget trying to be a guide. I mean, how can you be a guide when you have never been to the desert & don't know how to drive out there?

There are quite a few design agancies so you could try contacting them for work. Your pay will depend on the level of your role, experience etc. Those at the top end earn good salaries, at the bottom however - well, you said you don't need the money..

And I'm still laughing at the suggestion that anyone from Hull could sound posh!

Good luck.

Huh?

I can guarantee it wouldn't be a bottom end position, Meow!

Actually I'm from Walkington, East Yorkshire (near Hull). It has a duck pond and everything. C'mon, how can that not be posh! Tra-laa.

Bugger it! I'll look for a job when I get out there!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:10 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought - can a wife sponsor her husband??

I know certain professions you can, ie teacher but did think there were certain restrictions?
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:24 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

if said woman is a Doctor, a Teacher, a Nurse, or a Lawyer - the list is probably bigger now but that was the criteria before
Old Nov 1st 2007, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ghost Rider,

What field are you in?

Regards

Craig
16 years in design and print? And you're still only 31??

So what sort of work did you start off doing as a 15-year-old design and print trainee in Hull?

Colouring in pictures with crayons doesn't count, I'm afraid.......
Old Nov 1st 2007, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

fern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nice

...earth with a bang...

OK that was a short lived dream!

Anyone got a WELL PAID job in design & print they need filling.

Seasoned pro. Man & boy! Go on, ask me a design & print related question!
Mac wizard, Adobe Illustrator genius, Photoshop PRO, Quark.. blah de fricken blah!

who do you work for in HUll????
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Dean
16 years in design and print? And you're still only 31??

So what sort of work did you start off doing as a 15-year-old design and print trainee in Hull?

Colouring in pictures with crayons doesn't count, I'm afraid.......
Sorry should have been 15 years.

Started a few days after my 16th birthday at Oriel Printing company - Hull
Film work, plate making, 4 colour planning on the print side and was taught to use Apple Macs (on a IIci!) - QuarkXpress, Photoshop, Freehand, Pagemaker (popular at the time) on the design side. (Luckily just missed paste up artwork - although they did still do it on my work experience). 3 years later offered a job in a design agency (Innovative Graphics) again in Hull. 2 years later moved to Creativ in Driffield, this time using Adobe Illustrator. 1 year of commuting made me decide to move to Lee & Isle (now Lee Creative) as artworker before being promoted to Studio Manager. A 1 month contract with the BBC lured me away 3 years later. Managed to get a job the same week it finished at another printing company - this time Screen Printing.
A year of working for 2 bosses that didn't have a clue saw the birth of my own Company which I set up with the Production manager of the last firm.

Not a fricken' crayon in sight!

I have never been unemployed in all that time...

That's the thing now. Young kids don't seem to want to work or have any direction. Obviously not all kids are the same but the 2 we had working for us were a right waste of space.

In my day....

Last edited by Hull Lad; Nov 1st 2007 at 7:54 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fern
who do you work for in HUll????
Myself.

Screen Print Design Ltd. 5 years

Before:

Oriel Printing Company 3 years
Innovative Graphics 2 years
Creative 1 year
Lee & Isle Marketing Services 3 years
MRN Screen Process 1 year

Know any of them?
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

fern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nice

Myself.

Screen Print Design Ltd. 5 years

Before:

Oriel Printing Company 3 years
Innovative Graphics 2 years
Creative 1 year
Lee & Isle Marketing Services 3 years
MRN Screen Process 1 year

Know any of them?
Oh yes...indeed l do,
Oriel Printing the bain of my life...
I used to work for Heidelberg, Leeds office.
Works Controller for Prepress and Ele's eng's etc.. have you heard of heidelberg? Now, we live in Dallas and my husband works for Heidelberg USA he is a press demonstrator..small world.
Oriel have presses and prepress....
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fern
Oh yes...indeed l do,
Oriel Printing the bain of my life...
I used to work for Heidelberg, Leeds office.
Works Controller for Prepress and Ele's eng's etc.. have you heard of heidelberg? Now, we live in Dallas and my husband works for Heidelberg USA he is a press demonstrator..small world.
Oriel have presses and prepress....
Ha ha!

I worked for Oriel when they were on Sutton Fields Industrial Estate. Good times.

Who did you liase with there? John Simms? Bob, Richard? Or was it Stu the works manager?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.