Hello!

Old Oct 26th 2007, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really nice
Default Hello!

Hello all, my first thread so be gentle.

Not moving out to sunny Dubai yet but hopefully will be across in January. My wife has a job QS'ing lined up so i'll be coming across too to keep her out of trouble.

I see it as an opportunity to try something new after 16 years in design & print.

I would like to try my hand as a driver/guide on one of the many offroad safari experiences.

Question is - does anyone know how I may make this happen other than trying to find them through the web and individually emailing them?

Looking forward to getting out there!

Craig

Old Oct 26th 2007, 3:48 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello!

Originally Posted by Hull Lad

Not moving out to sunny Dubai yet but hopefully will be across in January. My wife has a job QS'ing lined up so i'll be coming across too to keep her out of trouble.

I see it as an opportunity to try something new after 16 years in design & print.

I would like to try my hand as a driver/guide on one of the many offroad safari experiences.
Question is - does anyone know how I may make this happen other than trying to find them through the web and individually emailing them?

Craig

The guys that do this have been driving through the desert since they were old enough to reach the pedals.. are you experienced in dune bashing?
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Craig

Stick to design and print...You'll thank me later...
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:28 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

people want an Arab type guy at the wheel...for the authenticity feeling...post your pic and we'll tell you what your chances are...
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
people want an Arab type guy at the wheel...for the authenticity feeling...post your pic and we'll tell you what your chances are...
Subtle as a train crash,Matahari...
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:31 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Subtle as a train crash,Matahari...
hahaha...just fullfilling my contractual obligations...
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really nice

Hi,

No experience in dunes. I've done some off road 4x4, quad biking and have a big trail bike which I get up to the Yorkshire dales on regularly. Willing to learn though!

Due to my wifes job it I wouldn't really be doing it for the money i'd be doing it more for the experience. Doesn't mean I could do it for free though!

I presumed 'offroading' is something that could be learnt. I do have great people skills, business sense and stamina gained from running my own business for the past 5 years. I'm very hard working.

...Just read the other post. I could buy some shades and wear a head robe if it would get me the job. Don't mind getting in character for the part!

Craig
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Confucius
Stick to design and print...You'll thank me later...
Why? You have a well paid job in design and print you could use me for?

Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:35 pm
hmmmm...nice

If I can do it...anyone can...
It's nothing like any other off roading, cause the sand is not solid like rocks...and it changes all the time...but it's the best feeling ever to 'concur' those dunes...
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:37 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

No experience in dunes. I've done some off road 4x4, quad biking and have a big trail bike which I get up to the Yorkshire dales on regularly. Willing to learn though!

Due to my wifes job it I wouldn't really be doing it for the money i'd be doing it more for the experience. Doesn't mean I could do it for free though!

I presumed 'offroading' is something that could be learnt. I do have great people skills, business sense and stamina gained from running my own business for the past 5 years. I'm very hard working.

...Just read the other post. I could buy some shades and wear a head robe if it would get me the job. Don't mind getting in character for the part!

Craig
sorry.. i would never trust anyone other than a local to take me up then dunes...
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi,

Craig
Well...You sound like a rich guy who doesn't care how much he makes...normally safari trip drivers make 5-6,000AED/month(I'm guessing, someone correct me if I'm wrong...),so,in your case, since you have a posh accent and hail from a posh area in the world, you could touch 7-8,000AED a month...
And allow me to be judgemental,you'll blow that on boozing...
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by beebee
sorry.. i would never trust anyone other than a local to take me...
Such a way with words...
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beebee
sorry.. i would never trust anyone other than a local to take me up then dunes...
...earth with a bang...

OK that was a short lived dream!

Anyone got a WELL PAID job in design & print they need filling.

Seasoned pro. Man & boy! Go on, ask me a design & print related question!
Mac wizard, Adobe Illustrator genius, Photoshop PRO, Quark.. blah de fricken blah!

Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:51 pm
hmmmm...nice

...earth with a bang...

Mac wizard, Adobe Illustrator genius, Photoshop PRO, Quark.. blah de fricken blah!

aren't you happy already you found us...
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

...earth with a bang...

I got a well-paid happy birthday to you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.