Hello!

Old Nov 1st 2007, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

fern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nice
Default Re: Hello!

Originally Posted by Hull Lad
Ha ha!

I worked for Oriel when they were on Sutton Fields Industrial Estate. Good times.

Who did you liase with there? John Simms? Bob, Richard? Or was it Stu the works manager?

Now then is Richard the one who thinks he is David Beckham???
and your name rings a bell as well, l am actually called Janine...Fern is my daughters name...

Last edited by fern; Nov 1st 2007 at 8:13 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really nice

Originally Posted by fern
Now then is Richard the one who thinks he is David Beckham???
and your name rings a bell as well, l am actually called Janine...Fern is my daughters name...
lol!

David Beckham! Yeah that's Rich(ard).
More like 'Colin & Justin' now (if you know what I mean)

Top lad!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

fern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nice

lol!

David Beckham! Yeah that's Rich(ard).
More like 'Colin & Justin' now (if you know what I mean)

Top lad!
sweet talker when he wants anything...especially when the presses/ prepress are down...he would have given me the world
oh those were the days...
So you are still design and print then?
Old Nov 1st 2007, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really nice

sweet talker when he wants anything...especially when the presses/ prepress are down...he would have given me the world
oh those were the days...
So you are still design and print then?
Yeah,

My business partner screenprints and I design.

I still design for litho too which I sub out. Not to Oriel unfortunately... too expensive. I use different printers for different types of job. business cards one place, flyers, brochures, leaflets etc another.

We also do signage and graphics etc. Anything print related really if we can make money on it. If we can't handle it in house we'll sub it out and put a mark up on.

Old Nov 1st 2007, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah,

My business partner screenprints and I design.

I still design for litho too which I sub out. Not to Oriel unfortunately... too expensive. I use different printers for different types of job. business cards one place, flyers, brochures, leaflets etc another.

We also do signage and graphics etc. Anything print related really if we can make money on it. If we can't handle it in house we'll sub it out and put a mark up on.

Good for you Craig...
When do you go to Dubai?
I truly hope everything works out for you and your wife. Its a shame
you have to move when you have yr own business in UK.
But, things happen for a reason...
hey, you might even start yr own business in Dubai....
Old Nov 1st 2007, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Good for you Craig...
When do you go to Dubai?
I truly hope everything works out for you and your wife. Its a shame
you have to move when you have yr own business in UK.
But, things happen for a reason...
hey, you might even start yr own business in Dubai....
Just found out Fern!

January 6th!

Who knows - maybe!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Just found out Fern!

January 6th!

Who knows - maybe!
Well...when you get settled dont forget to send me a message to let me know how you got on and what you decided to do..
Take Care...
Janine aka Fern
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Well...when you get settled dont forget to send me a message to let me know how you got on and what you decided to do..
Take Care...
Janine aka Fern
On behalf of everyone - a message for Hull Lad and Fern...........

Either:
Transfer your rambling discourse to the Private Messages facility
Or:
Get yourselves a good hotel room, king-size bed, mirrored ceiling, etc...... and continue your discussion there.........!!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:50 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry should have been 15 years.

Started a few days after my 16th birthday at Oriel Printing company - Hull
Film work, plate making, 4 colour planning on the print side and was taught to use Apple Macs (on a IIci!) - QuarkXpress, Photoshop, Freehand, Pagemaker (popular at the time) on the design side. (Luckily just missed paste up artwork - although they did still do it on my work experience). 3 years later offered a job in a design agency (Innovative Graphics) again in Hull. 2 years later moved to Creativ in Driffield, this time using Adobe Illustrator. 1 year of commuting made me decide to move to Lee & Isle (now Lee Creative) as artworker before being promoted to Studio Manager. A 1 month contract with the BBC lured me away 3 years later. Managed to get a job the same week it finished at another printing company - this time Screen Printing.
A year of working for 2 bosses that didn't have a clue saw the birth of my own Company which I set up with the Production manager of the last firm.

Not a fricken' crayon in sight!

I have never been unemployed in all that time...

That's the thing now. Young kids don't seem to want to work or have any direction. Obviously not all kids are the same but the 2 we had working for us were a right waste of space.

In my day....

With your background, I expect that a few of the agencies out here would be interested in seeing you. although there are people fromother countries who tend to do that kind of work for not a lot. Setting your own business out here can be expensive. Mind you, hardly anyone here does screen-printing, so you could get yourself a niche market.

I know quite a few people in that line, so feel free to PM closer to when you are coming out if you want some names etc.

Last edited by Meow; Nov 2nd 2007 at 9:59 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Dean
On behalf of everyone - a message for Hull Lad and Fern...........

Either:
Transfer your rambling discourse to the Private Messages facility
Or:
Get yourselves a good hotel room, king-size bed, mirrored ceiling, etc...... and continue your discussion there.........!!!!
meow.....
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 2:18 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

meow.....
he is just jealous...
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

don't want to sound picky but i didn't remember reading any time spent at college or university at the end of which qualifications, which if my reading the local media is more important than ever but I may be wrong
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
don't want to sound picky but i didn't remember reading any time spent at college or university at the end of which qualifications, which if my reading the local media is more important than ever but I may be wrong
Hello AG.. nice to see u
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BeeBee, I am in Al Ain now, will be down in Dubeedubeedo next week to see GA.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Hi BeeBee, I am in Al Ain now, will be down in Dubeedubeedo next week to see GA.
please get in touch.. u have my no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.