good movies

Old Aug 20th 2013, 5:17 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: good movies

Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead
Nicely dark.

And, a real surprise (although not a movie), I've been watching Trollied on Sky the last few days. A sit-com based in a UK supermarket. Didn't expect much, but have laughed out loud at every episode so far. Some beautifully-time potty humour as well as mad-cap stuff.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:23 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Nicely dark.
Classic(ish) movie from a good time for indie Americana- Grifters / Red Rock West are also good from this time - leads nicely into the Coen Brothers time period..

See also every Hal Hartley movie ever made - brilliant.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 12:22 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Nicely dark.
I just saw this, it wasn't the one I was thinking about, but yes, it's brilliantly dark. Great line when a camouflaged killer says to the hired killer "I'm Godzilla, you're Japan", and then he promptly get's shot dead. LOL moment.

Anyways, who can recall the title of the dark comedy that has a group of friends taking a corpse around a city (could be Las Vegas) and the antics they get up to. Plot being something to do with having to keep him "alive" for some reason.

Anyone?
Old Aug 21st 2013, 12:28 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Anyways, who can recall the title of the dark comedy that has a group of friends taking a corpse around a city (could be Las Vegas) and the antics they get up to. Plot being something to do with having to keep him "alive" for some reason.

Anyone?
Cameron & Clegg?
Old Aug 21st 2013, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kix
I just saw this, it wasn't the one I was thinking about, but yes, it's brilliantly dark. Great line when a camouflaged killer says to the hired killer "I'm Godzilla, you're Japan", and then he promptly get's shot dead. LOL moment.

Anyone?
Weekend at Bernies

Last edited by Mogs; Aug 21st 2013 at 12:54 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 12:57 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Mogs
Weekend at Bernies
Thank you, karma sent.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 8:30 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Sad (or nostalgic) as I am, I'm just downloading all the Carry On films. Not seen them in years, and I do love Sid James - the quintessentially English dirty old man.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 5:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Watched Fargo last night.

Was quality. One of the few films I've watched where I've noticed scenes of little importance yet actually add to the whole 'experience' if you like.

Very good. Must watch more Coen brothers stuff.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Watched Fargo last night.

Was quality. One of the few films I've watched where I've noticed scenes of little importance yet actually add to the whole 'experience' if you like.

Very good. Must watch more Coen brothers stuff.
Yes - their films are superb.

Fargo is one of my all-time favourites - especially for "Marge" - what a character. Frances McDormand is so underrated.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 8:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The Dean
Yes - their films are superb.

Fargo is one of my all-time favourites - especially for "Marge" - what a character. Frances McDormand is so underrated.
Yes, she was great.

"Yeah?"
"Oh yeah"
"Yeah?"
Old Sep 12th 2013, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

all Coen Bros are essential imho

Lebowski and Fargo the best though
Old Sep 12th 2013, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

You can all safely avoid 'Oblivion' (Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, sci-fi jobby).

Was showing on a plane I took recently - I had to watch it twice to double-check it was every bit as bad second time round as I thought it was first time........
Old Sep 13th 2013, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

AppleMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brains1983

Aaron Eckhardt did "Thank you for smoking" which was brilliant.
Watched this last night and thought it brilliant - a hidden gem.

Recent movie that was quite good was 'Now You See Me' - the storyline and trailer didn't appeal at all when I first saw it but I actually really enjoyed the film - it was just a bit different from the usual.
Old Sep 15th 2013, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AppleMac
Watched this last night and thought it brilliant - a hidden gem.

Recent movie that was quite good was 'Now You See Me' - the storyline and trailer didn't appeal at all when I first saw it but I actually really enjoyed the film - it was just a bit different from the usual.
Interestingly, I thought the trailer looked excellent, but was a little let down by the movie. The scenes were all good individually, however I still think it was quite "loose".

Cracking twist though!

Sequel has been greenlit, so will probably check it out.
Old Sep 15th 2013, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If anyone fancies a late night tonight, OSN Movies Action HD has Taxi Driver showing at 11.30pm (UAE time)............. "Are you talking to me? Well, I'm the only one here......."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.