Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Girlfriends birthday...

Wikiposts

Girlfriends birthday...

Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Girlfriends birthday...

Originally Posted by norsk
Have you considered that he might have thought that was all you were worth?
Yes i have, which is what i think i said in my post
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Theseus
One year my ex bought me a Slendertone thingy wrapped in a carrier bag (i resisted the urge to wrap it round his neck) The next year he bought me a DVD, 12 years of gifts like this I put up with. There are more important things in a relationship I know, but I bought him things like a flying lesson, a party at a kids playgym thing (ball pits giant slides etc after hours with alcohol), Tickets to concerts etc etc etc.

I never really felt I meant as much to him as he did to me, and it wasnt the value of the gifts that mattered it was the lack of thought. I was probably right, he was a bit of a prick. Still one of my best friends though.
I work on a basis of only buying shit that's relevant, whether it's something they've asked for, something you know they'll want or something that they'd absolutely love but can't do/afford/wouldn't buy themselves.

As long as you're hitting those categories then you should be alright I reckon.

Slendertone in a carrier bag is asking for a shit storm. That being said, I have wrapped presents in foil before because the paper ran out.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:32 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
Sounds like I really need to up my game on the buying presents for my wife! Seems like just a card and a bag of crisps isn't enough anymore!
Nah, ignore all this shit. We're QSs mate, that's all that's expected of us.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I work on a basis of only buying shit that's relevant, whether it's something they've asked for, something you know they'll want or something that they'd absolutely love but can't do/afford/wouldn't buy themselves.

As long as you're hitting those categories then you should be alright I reckon.

Slendertone in a carrier bag is asking for a shit storm. That being said, I have wrapped presents in foil before because the paper ran out.
At least its shiny!
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:34 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes i have, which is what i think i said in my post
Ah crap. It turns out I lost interest before your last sentence..Sorry

One thing, were you nice to him the rest of the year? One day a year of showing your love for someone doesn't make up for 364 days of being miserable and nagging...Maybe he was trying to tell you something?

I like giving gifts to the people I love, but they are meant to be like icing on the cake not compensation for me being a complete cock the rest of the time...
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah crap. It turns out I lost interest before your last sentence..Sorry

One thing, were you nice to him the rest of the year? One day a year of showing your love for someone doesn't make up for 364 days of being miserable and nagging...Maybe he was trying to tell you something?

I like giving gifts to the people I love, but they are meant to be like icing on the cake not compensation for me being a complete cock the rest of the time...
Yes i was nice all year round - mostly.

The crappy gifts were just a point of amusement generally. Still it would be nice to be spoilt occasionally.

Edited to say: not all women nag you know or all men for that matter.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:55 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes i was nice all year round - mostly.

The crappy gifts were just a point of amusement generally. Still it would be nice to be spoilt occasionally.

Edited to say: not all women nag you know or all men for that matter.
1 - I can't believe you didn't bite
2 - All women nag! It's in the genes.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

1 - I can't believe you didn't bite
2 - All women nag! It's in the genes.
Bite at what? You being simple? That would be mean no?
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:25 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Bite at what? You being simple? That would be mean no?
I knew a little push would do it..

Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

I knew a little push would do it..

well done pickle!
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
If shes good this year it might even be a tub of pringles !!!!
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Good to see another QS on here as well
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:36 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

well done pickle!
Thanks. PM me your address and I'll ship you a DVD for your birthday..
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks. PM me your address and I'll ship you a DVD for your birthday..
Thanks you'll have to make sure its a music dvd for a band I don't particularly like.

the address is PO box 123 F**k you!
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:46 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Thanks you'll have to make sure its a music dvd for a band I don't particularly like.

the address is PO box 123 F**k you!

If you promise to behave yourself, maybe I'll throw in a used tennis ball I found in the park behind my house. It's still a bit slimy from the dog who was obviously playing with it and it's missing a fair bit of fuzz, but I reckon it is still good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.